The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Lightning Strikes!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Blue Lightning Strikes! Empty
PostSubject: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Blue Lightning arrives. Thanks, Noah. Very happy with it.

iPhone photo

Blue Lightning Strikes! Photo

Last edited by porschefan on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Red X, Nooooooo!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:38 am

There now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:41 am

. . .oh yeah, it's there and it is sweet!!!!

.. . . Noah can sure put 'em together! Really great Seiko, really great . . . Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_biggrin

. . . you gotta be happy to have that one in the stable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:47 am

And a super soft rubber strap was included, too.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:31 am

Looks great! really like the strap.....Now, when is the red one coming, wern't they a pair?........ Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_razz .

Blue Lightning Strikes! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:33 am

Solid piece. Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 am

The chapter ring combined with the stripe on the strap are PERFECT!

Looks great dude...ENJOY!

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:52 am

Very nice looking mod! Enjoy it Tim!!

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

cool looking watch Tim!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks for the comments, all. Thanks, Noah.

Quick review (if anyone gives a flying...)

I've never really liked a PVD case, but, maybe it's the bead-blasting that makes this one likable to me. Love the knurled crown. I've always liked having a date window on a watch... doesn't bother me it's deleted here.

I've tried to get a picture, so that the blue AR coating shows, but haven't been successful, so you'll have to believe me that it rocks. Basically, in bright light conditions, the sapphire turns blue, yet you can still easily read the dial; which is really easy to see in any light, with the white markers on black. Lume is as it should be, very "lumey."

Working on getting used to the Zulu. The end of the strap at the buckle turn-back, where they melt the nylon, is a bit sharp, but after moving the strap some, I found a pretty comfortable position so it doesn't hit the skin. Noah also sent a super supple rubber strap, so that will get some time as well. I've also been looking at Maratac composite straps, they now have one with blue stitching, so...

Glad I bought this one, I've been shopping Noah's site, and PM'ing and emailing him, and Jake, trying to decide want I wanted in a mod. Every time I visited their site, my head exploded with options; and then Noah put this one together, so I didn't need to think about it any longer. There it was, even though it wasn't what I thought I'd want in a watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah Noah tends to make purchasing easy. His hands have been in my pocketbook more than once Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:59 pm

That is a very cool watch! The colors are just spectactular. Blue is is my favorite color on a watch and Noah nailed it.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm

Now THIS watch was worth the wait Tim !!!! Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_cheers Blue Lightning Strikes! 803574
Your picture is GREAT, and shows just how GOOD blue,
and black can look together ! That chapter ring is just
phenomenal imho. It catches your eye just enough
without overshadowing the dial ! This is definitely
one type of lightning you don't mind getting struck
by ! Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_biggrin I have to say the strap is RIDICULOUSLY
nice also. It ties Noahs creation together perfectly.
I'm very glad you got this sir ! CONGRATULATIONS !!!
I know you are Enjoying it !

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Awesome, man! Noah does some nice work Blue Lightning Strikes! 933578
Looks good on your wrist too Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Sweet mod Tim, Noah is the best!! Blue Lightning Strikes! 46145
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:04 pm

That's my kind of watch.....straight forward and clean!
And it looks great with blue jeans!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Lightning Strikes!   Blue Lightning Strikes! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Lightning Strikes!
Page 1 of 1