The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Strikes Today!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Three Strikes Today! Empty
PostSubject: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:49 pm

So I'm all stoked that Mrs bodypeesur1 is coming home today. Did all the painting, ripped up some old carpet, ripped some butt-ugly mirrors off the dining room wall that have been buggin the shit out of me for 7 years. I'm all set for the wife to get back from Thailand after being gone 4 weeks. I'm at work and get a call at 5:30am. It's my step-daughter.

"Hey Duff, this is Lisa. Mom sent me a message of Facebook and said she missed her plane." (chuckling heard)

"Lisa, don't mess around."

"I'm not messing around. She missed her plane. She got the dates mixed up or something." (more chuckling)

"Lisa, really, quit screwin around. Mom said everything was a go and she'd see me Wednesday."

"Well, I'm not playin and you need to call Luesak because she's not sure what's gonna happen."

"Okay Lisa, thanks." CLICK (strike one)

Now, there's all this civil unrest in Bangkok. They opened fire in a crowd on the 28th killing one and wounding several more. My wife missed her flight and I'm at work and can't call her. I leave work telling them I have to go and figure out what's going on. Jump in the truck and the engine light comes on and won't go off. Last time that happened it cost me over $300! (strike two)Get home and call my brother-in-laws cellphone in Bangkok.

"Honey, I miss plane. I confuse! I think 12:30am in afternoon."

Silence on my end.....seems she told me I need not call as things were set to go. Now she is supposed to be on her way to Atlanta but she's still in Bangkok.

"Honey, how the hell did you miss the plane?"

"I think 12:30 on 28 in afternoon not after midnight. I can't get Korea Airline to talk to them. Have to go back to airport at 8 o'clock. Call me about 11."

"Okay, Honey." CLICK

So now I don't know when my wife will get home. The engine light is on in the truck and I wait for a bit and call her back.

"Well Honey, what did you find out?"

"I go to Korea and have to fly standby. Don't know if I can get on plane that going to Atlanta until they board. I can't get in touch with you till I get Atlanta."

"So you don't know if you'll be able to get on the plane and you can't call me until you get to Atlanta?"

"Yes Honey. I sorry. I love you."

"I love you too." CLICK

So she is sitting in the Incheon Airport for another 2 hours before she will even know if she can get on the plane that is due in Atlanta at 11:00am tomorrow. If I don't hear from her by noon, I'll know she couldn't get on the flight. Which means I'll have NO FREAKIN IDEA of when she'll leave Korea until she arrives in Atlanta.....14 hour flight!

So during all this my one ray of sunshine is Skully is due to arrive today! YEAH....RIGHT! I check the tracking info and it says, Attempted delivery...notice left...BULLSHIT!!! That POS mail carrier never came to my door nor did he leave a notice (strike three). So now Skully is sitting at the Post Office because this guy is too damn lazy to get out of his truck!!! (This is the fourth time he's done this.) So I get on line and file a complaint with the USPS and made a copy of the result of my tracking because I don't have a notice to take to the Post Office with me tomorrow!!!!!

So that was my wonderful day. Hope you all had better ones!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Duff, I had the same type of problem with USPS when my Noah arrived in town. Only difference, I did have a written notice they tried to deliver... the buttheads in the office didn't know wtf they're doing. Sorry bro. At least the strap is coming first class, no signing for it, you should see it towards the end of the week.
Hopefully Honey gets home tomorrow, they give you a discount on truck repairs, and the USPS stops carrying packages, and leaves it up to FedEx or UPS. Three Strikes Today! Icon_wink

Last edited by porschefan on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:02 pm

WOW!

I would say it can only get better but with the run you are having... Three Strikes Today! Affraid

Most of all I hope the MRS gets home safely...

Then the watch...

Then the truck...

Priorities man...PRIORITIES!

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks Guys. Just been a shitty day all around. I am concerned that I can't contact the Mrs until she reaches Atlanta. Then if she isn't on the plane arriving at 11:30 tomorrow...I guess I just sit and wait without knowing what's going on. I'm sure she'll be afraid there by herself also! I usually handle all that crap.

Tim, funny thing is, the carrier we had for the last 6 years was freakin AWESOME! Don't know what happened. She must have gotten a different route.

Alan, I notice the watch came in ABOVE the truck in order of priority! LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Two bright notes Buddy: She's not in Bangkok, and not in North Korea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:21 pm

porschefan wrote:

Yeah, I guess it could be worse. I'm just worried about her. It took me 48 years to find her and I'm a little protective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Priority #1: Make sure Mrs Duff arrives home safe and sound, everything else is gravy. I know what you mean about the lazy ass USPS dude, though. I sat at home waiting for a delivery knowing that it had to be signed for. When I checked the box I found one of those slips. He never came to the front door! Mailbox is located near the road around the corner of the building..he just didn't walk the extra steps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Best of luck with everything Duff. Rough day. They get better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:29 pm

cski wrote:
Priority #1: Make sure Mrs Duff arrives home safe and sound, everything else is gravy. I know what you mean about the lazy ass USPS dude, though. I sat at home waiting for a delivery knowing that it had to be signed for. When I checked the box I found one of those slips. He never came to the front door! Mailbox is located near the road around the corner of the building..he just didn't walk the extra steps.

Yes, PRIORITY ONE is the Mrs! And as for the POS carrier, that's EXACTLY what this guy did Chris....4 freakin times! I've had to go out of my way to the post office every damn time and there's no reason for it! I was waiting for him to deliver it and he never came to the door nor did he leave a notice. He gets paid pretty damn well for NOT DOING HIS JOB! RANT OVER!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Thanks Robert. I just hope Sri can get on the flight out of Seoul at 10:30am Korean time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Yeah, I guess it could be worse. I'm just worried about her. It took me 48 years to find her and I'm a little protective.

Understood, man, I'm the same way.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Best of luck Duff...I'll be hoping for the best on my end!!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm

My hope is it will all work out and you honey will be back soon (wife not watch!!) Three Strikes Today! 803574

Three Strikes Today! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Hey Duff my bud, I feel for you man. Your wife will eventually get home and most likely sooner than later. Your watch is in the neighborhood so it too shall arrive sooner than later. My suggestion...........buy another watch and you will feel better! Please take my advice Duff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:02 am

Sounds like a rough day Duff ! Three Strikes Today! Icon_eek Sometimes things really do seem
to happen in bunches like that. Fortunately, they are just annoying.
Things will be working out fine in the end sir. Three Strikes Today! Icon_cheers Sorry you had to
go through this today though ! Try not to worry, tomorrow will be
better ! Three Strikes Today! Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:56 am

. . . Aw shit Duff. I know youv'e been waiting for Wifey to get home, don't despair . . . . She'll be home in your arms soon.

. . . the truck can wait. It'll get fixed.

. . . . as for the delivery dude, I'm certain you can muster a little vengeance for his antics. Be patient, you can reward him ten-fold for making your day more irritating . . . . ten-fold easily!!! Three Strikes Today! Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 am

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. It will be another 5 1/2 hours before I even know if she got on the plane to Atlanta. That's the difficult part...not knowing where she is. Hopefully she's in the air and on her way there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Thanks Robert. I just hope Sri can get on the flight out of Seoul at 10:30am Korean time.

I hope so. Unfortunately its not like the old days when you could just call the airline and ask if someone made the flight. Security being what it is today, we wouldn't want the terrorists to be able to get a play by play of what their folks were doing..... Three Strikes Today! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 am

Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

I hope so. Unfortunately its not like the old days when you could just call the airline and ask if someone made the flight. Security being what it is today, we wouldn't want the terrorists to be able to get a play by play of what their folks were doing..... Three Strikes Today! Icon_rolleyes

Well if I don't hear from her by noon it will be a long waiting game. I'm on the edge of my seat with wonder! 14 hour flight from Seoul to Atlanta. If she didn't make this one it will be another 24 hour wait. I'm very tense right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:33 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Well if I don't hear from her by noon it will be a long waiting game. I'm on the edge of my seat with wonder! 14 hour flight from Seoul to Atlanta. If she didn't make this one it will be another 24 hour wait. I'm very tense right now.

I can understand. If she didn't make the flight can't she call you from the AP in Korea?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:39 am

Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

I can understand. If she didn't make the flight can't she call you from the AP in Korea?

She's not very good at things like that. You would think it would be rather simple but she tends to complicate tasks at times. If I can't reach her cell by noon I will try and call the Incheon Airport
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

She's not very good at things like that. You would think it would be rather simple but she tends to complicate tasks at times. If I can't reach her cell by noon I will try and call the Incheon Airport

Sorry Man. Hope you get some info soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 am

Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

So do I. The thought of a cigarette has crossed my mind a couple times but I've avoided that issue! If I eat my glucose goes up. If I drink I get drunk and my glucose goes up. If I strangle the postal carrier I go to prison. It looks like a no win situation right now! Three Strikes Today! Icon_mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:09 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

So do I. The thought of a cigarette has crossed my mind a couple times but I've avoided that issue! If I eat my glucose goes up. If I drink I get drunk and my glucose goes up. If I strangle the postal carrier I go to prison. It looks like a no win situation right now! Three Strikes Today! Icon_mad

All I can say is - give a piece a chance. Try getting all your watches out and choosing one to wear that hasn't been on the wrist for a while. Three Strikes Today! 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:10 am

That's what I did. Threw on the Oceanaut today. Thanks Man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 am

bodypeersur1 wrote:

Don't remember that one. Nice choice. Now, go change a strap! Three Strikes Today! 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:18 am

Docrwm wrote:
bodypeersur1 wrote:

Don't remember that one. Nice choice. Now, go change a strap! Three Strikes Today! 74725

Well, I'm going to head to the post office to pick up Skully!!! That will make things a little better today. Then if the wife calls me from Atlanta all will be well in the bodypeersur1 household again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Sounds like you had a rough day, Duff!
Stay away from the cigarettes though, the madam will be back in no time and ease your troubles Three Strikes Today! Icon_biggrin
At least you got your watch and I`m guessing the weather is nice unlike here Three Strikes Today! 831531
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Strikes Today!   Three Strikes Today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Strikes Today!
Page 1 of 1