The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

another banning

Go down 
+2
andrema
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

another banning Empty
PostSubject: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Yep,one more to add to the list.might of had something to do with posting the court transcripts about eyal stealing a kit case.yep.
He asks a company to send samples,then sends those samples to a company in china to replicate,then sends the samples back
and tells the company that they aren' interested in the product.A month later,the replica boxes show up on shop,wow, then in invictas
catalog.Invicta was playing this off as them just looking like the other case.I guess they didn't figure that the owner of the
company would keep all of those emails and letters from eyal lalo.Now its in the discovery phase and invictas been compelled
to name the chinese company that made them.That will be the 1st time where well will see one of the chinese companies
that produce invicta watches and products.kind of hard to deny it when its now public record.
I'll need a new playground since they took my swing away.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm

. . . can't hang with the kool-kids any more. Hey good run while it lasted, I'm surpriseed at the restraint you showed and made it this long!!!! another banning Icon_albino
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

For all you lurkers...THIS IS NOT BASHING.

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

...could be the PLASTIC that breaks the camels back.

Senior Associate
andrema

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Anomaly wrote:

I wonder if they straight-up copied or altered the design/components used (type of plastice...etc.)...

It looks like a big mess though...not fun for the legal dept!

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Why should it be a concern if lurkers consider it bashing? Who gives a crap what lurkers think?

Sean provided that other site with a lot of good information...hell, he's gotten a couple-a nominations for Watch Geek of the Month this month...and they ban him for posting public information on a lawsuit that names Invicta for possible nefarious deeds? What a load of crap.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 4:54 pm

yamahaki wrote:
Yep,one more to add to the list.might of had something to do with posting the court transcripts about eyal stealing a kit case.yep.
He asks a company to send samples,then sends those samples to a company in china to replicate,then sends the samples back
and tells the company that they aren' interested in the product.A month later,the replica boxes show up on shop,wow, then in invictas
catalog.Invicta was playing this off as them just looking like the other case.I guess they didn't figure that the owner of the
company would keep all of those emails and letters from eyal lalo.Now its in the discovery phase and invictas been compelled
to name the chinese company that made them.That will be the 1st time where well will see one of the chinese companies
that produce invicta watches and products.kind of hard to deny it when its now public record.

Who was it?
Got a WG link?
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Quote :

Who was it?
Got a WG link?
It was Sean. I cannot find the thread, it may have been deleted. The crazy part is that I can acutally LOG IN and look... another banning Icon_eek ...being banned and all

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:18 pm

it's all about selling Invicta watches over at WG's, or should I say SNBCGeeks
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

. . . I am actually very interested in seeing if Invicta gets their feet held to the fire on this one.

They have been able to act disinterested on CS and QC issues . . . . but this one isn't going to be ignored . . . another banning 588107
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm

andrema wrote:
Quote :

Who was it?
Got a WG link?
It was Sean. I cannot find the thread, it may have been deleted. The crazy part is that I can acutally LOG IN and look... another banning Icon_eek ...being banned and all

Shocked Oh My.
Actually surprised he lasted this long.
They were probably just waiting for a good reason (in their minds)
Sean's posts were always provocative w/lots of truth.
My favorite...something like..."if you don't like their CS, send them a fart in a bottle and get over it"
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:38 pm

another banning Welcome%20Crop%204
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:04 pm

Interesting story, here's a link wit the details:

http://floridaiptrends.com/2010/04/12/invicta-gets-a-55mm-sized-lawsuit/
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for the link cski! It seems there may be a few disgruntled peoples walking around these days.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm

The case in question from the original maker (patented bits on this too)
another banning 905-0036

and the case from THOSE people
another banning J178606?DefaultImage=1&$350x350_jpg$

Oh, and its still up at SNBC for the price of $79.99 with shipping.

Yes, and you can get the original Nanuk 905 case for $59.49 from one of the first sellers I found online too another banning Lol
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:46 pm

It was really only a matter of time before this happened! And a big KUDOS to the company that stood their ground against the LALO! That is blatant design theft! Sorry to hear you got banned at WG Sean, but a few of us here were banned for a lot less and to hell with WG...or as Ron called it ShopNBCgeeks where Invictaphiles run rampant! LMAO! another banning 803574 Don't get me wrong, I still have a few Invictas that I truly love, but it ain't what it used to be...now is it gang? another banning 492736
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Heres the link that got me banned.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/29810240/Invicta-Watch-Group-Sued-for-Patent-infringement-for-the-Dive-watch-container-being-sold-at-shopnbc

register.they only require your email address.then download the pdf.
Its an eye opener.Eyal lalo got caught red handed stealing.pure evidence and facts.This is one time he can't get out of it.
Somebody asked a question about why they cancelled his watch case.Another members said it might be because of the suit.
alls I did was post the link since its all over the net anyways.While there,I gave watches and straps away,did my part in supplying
the correct info and gave them brand histories and other things that WG forums lacked.But this is what they do every day since that forum
went private.The owners started that forum to get away from the very thing they became.I'm no angel,but these guys are truely ignorant.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 am

Wow, I never knew all of this what a you know what. What goes around comes around looks like karma is going to come back. The interesting thing will be to see how big a bite it takes. How much will this cost Invicta, hopefully that company gets a nice chunk. I wonder how much Invicat has , their watches are no wher near the big dawgs omega brietling and beyond, but they moist be doing crazy volume. I would love to know hoe much they are worth. What an A$$$$$$, and a cheap skate, couldnt just give a small company their do dam. Anyway thanks for the info
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm in a hurry so will make this quick, WG'S SUCKS and i'm embarressed that i was ever apart of it! Other than meeting some great people that place is a total joke to the watch forums of the world! One more thing was watching a baseball game on monday night and switched over to shop (been a long time) to see a very nice Maurice Lacroix, so i watch for awhile and JS yelling, screaming and stupids jokes made me ill! HE had good product and a bunch of very nice vendors and there was no need for him to go way over the top! another banning 492736 Looked like the only vendor who enjoyed this circus was none other than MD! rant off!

i'm sure invicta will throw a bunch of money at thos case maker and the suit will go away!! another banning 869119
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

another banning Empty
PostSubject: WG Banning Update.   another banning Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Was Reading a WG thread where Sean Geeked a guy with a Citizen. After ~3 pages of kudos someone finally mentioned Sean was banned, JS posted this today.

It's a shame that Sean could not stop badgering certain folks and certain brands. Then when warned to stop posting links to WG-hating forums and content, he continued. Also a shame that he could not hold his temper in PMs.

But as many of us know, Sean has been banned from numerous watch forums over the last year or two... so I suppose it was only a matter of time. Shame really... he had his moments, as demonstrated here.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:34 pm

jaw wrote:
Was Reading a WG thread where Sean Geeked a guy with a Citizen. After ~3 pages of kudos someone finally mentioned Sean was banned, JS posted this today.

It's a shame that Sean could not stop badgering certain folks and certain brands. Then when warned to stop posting links to WG-hating forums and content, he continued. Also a shame that he could not hold his temper in PMs.

But as many of us know, Sean has been banned from numerous watch forums over the last year or two... so I suppose it was only a matter of time. Shame really... he had his moments, as demonstrated here.
another banning Affraid

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Ah, typical JS rhetoric! It's so easy to make someone look bad when they can't defend themselves isn't it? Ban them for posting a link to a viable lawsuit....hmm, doesn't seem to be a WG-hating forum that Sean linked to. Why it appears to be a PUBLIC INFORMATION website!!! Not only that, they're still selling the case on ShopNBC!!! That's pretty freakin ballsy...no? By the way JS, XMT IS NOT a WG-hating forum but THIS MEMBER AGREES WITH TREVOR....WG SUCKS! And that has nothing to do with the good friends I have that still frequent that site because some very awesome people still frequent that place. Nuff said about that place. Time to move on..........
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 am

. . . I realize that some of you have an aversion towards any negative commentary regarding other sites and certain issues, in the sense that such may be perceived as bashing, but in our small circle these issues are relevant. Not only from a standpoint of the watches themselves . . . but from the standpoint that social aspects come into play. We interact regularily, and take interest in each other to one extent or another.

That being out there now, the behaviour at WG's is beyond laughable, past irritating and has become a source of consternation to many. We pride ourselves here, and at other boards as visitors, as being sincere in our passion for watches. Well and good. I will say for myself that I also pay attention to the actions and antics elsewhere, WG's in particular. For the record, Jim Skelton is a buffoon . . . a verbose, arrogant and smarmy grifter. I think he is allergic to the truth. He must be, for the sake of money he avoids it like an allergen. His followers and compatriates are no better, by tacit approval.

Sean may not always present things in the softest possible manner, and he likes to have fun with a free shot every now and then. So what??? How many times have you read a post that states . . . " Wait 'til Sean weighs in . . . or . . . I wonder what Sean's take is on this." That is where his true entity is revealed as a member.

I say, regardless of a person's given style or personality their input is the measure.

If the people at "That Place" choose to delude others and themselves for money, tossing those who are genuine to the hobby to the curb . . . . Fuck Em' . . . they can have it!!!!! Try to buy integrity or a grain of respect with it . . . . they'll get neither.

I hope Skelton reads this, maybe seeing one more time in print that he is an asshole and a piss poor human being in general will register momentarily in his narrow self absorbed mind, maybe . . . . but I doubt it.

My two bits worth, and that's about all it amounts to is a 25 cent rant . . . Randy.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:54 am

The law suit pdf was the only off site link I posted besides links to vendors for accessories or to help topics that weren't on that website.
Its a shame that this was posted in a thread where I gave a watch away.
This started about 2 weeks ago when posts were getting the wording changed.I had a reply up about Jims rolex bashing.Someone went in and edited
the entire thread.When I asked a mod to look into it,they said that whoever did it has admin permissions because all traces of the editing was wiped.
With vbulletin,when a post is edited,you can pull up the original content.But when an admin makes the changes,that info is gone.Whoever was and is doing it can
hard delete.
I didn't badger any members there.Instead,I'd put them on my ignore list instead of responding to them.
I think the main problem was using facts and logic against ignorant oweners who only posted the shop line.I cetainly never bashed any brand on that forum other than to give a link to deep blues real history.I guess they consider facts as bashing?
his reference to a pm is the one I sent him for altering one of my posts.Thats it.Disagree with this retard,and this is the outcome.

I've been banned by 2 forums, 3 counting WG.Not really a loss though.It hurts the membership, not me.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:29 am

Wow this is almost better than Law & Order - hacked PMs no less.

So sorry it came to this Sean - You'll be missed.

Didn't mean to be an instigator by posting JS comments here.
Just wanted you to have the opportunity to respond...somewhere.
Fret not - What goes around comes around.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:04 am

Im going to add my reply to this and say, it was only a matter of time..............anyone that doesnt think JS is the end all be all or the shit , or anyone with half a brain will be banned......Sorry that you were banned Sean, but it was only a matter of time, and they can stay in their little black hole.......

the funny thing is, these fucks , its all about money....becuase invicta pays for that forum, anything that seriously will hurt them or people they are threatened by , they will ban..........

and please dont get me started on Jim Skelton.........Ive had enough personal interaction with him to know that he is nothing but a big piece of shit, that will get whats coming to him soon enough, it just has to , because someone like him, can not continue to go on like he does without consiquence...........hes a loud, obnoxious , immature, stealing, lying piece of shit, and so are all the other admins and mods over there, with a couple of exceptions..................the day i made them ban me and my screen name was a good day for me...........

Alan , I know you dont want us bashing watchgeeks and JS and the others here anymore, but like Randy said, it is relevant among us WUS........the place is nothing but a shithole, and little by little others are banned or see the light and move on.............

Im waiting for the day that JS gets his.............that will be a good day that will put a little smile on my face...... another banning Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: I may be next   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 am

I called JS out on a thread he posted that poked fun at bullying......I thought it was inappropriate for anyone especially a forum owner....after indicating politely that the thread was inappropriate I was forced to post youtube videos of teens that had committed suicide as a result of being bullied.....He basically wrote back that I should get a life...but he did lock the thread....

another banning Kirkland-baby-wipes

I only drop buy there once in a while to check the hot deals/ trade/ sell forums.....other then that I have no stomach for it anymore.

In regards to Sean....I don't know you that well but when I asked you for some help when I was looking at a watch you stepped up and offered an honest view of the watch that I found most helpful and I thank you for that.

Last edited by Spaceview on Fri May 07, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:37 am

It looks like everyone has had their say on this issue and I think that we can all agree that these bannings happen (for the most part) when there is an apparent threat to the WG/ShopNBC income stream. Most of us here have had similar experiences and have been banned for the same reasons (for the most part...not me another banning Icon_twisted ).

I think we can all agree that this will probably intensify over time and more members will be cast aside for being the voice of reason or freely speaking. When and if they do, we hope that they find us over here in XMT and they can find a place where they can speak their mind and voice their opinion (good or bad) on any issue or brand.

Good dialogue guys!!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

THIS issue being discussed is new, relevant, and public record, not the same REHASH of something that happened YEARS ago...

...I have absolutely NO problem with this thread!

**This message has been paid for and approved by Anomaly.

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 pm

See, this sort of stuff is why I've never even watched a TV sales show. The idea has always smelled of the stereotyped "used car salesman" to me, and we all know stereotypes come out of reality.
another banning Sleazepic-500x397
another banning L_662_599_fcf70bed-391c-4fc2-b8a5-b93e2d4a4aa6
Back to top Go down
DMB
Associate
DMB

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:40 pm

What I can't understand is why anyone would want to discuss Invicta Watches on ANY forum. They may have been decent back in the day, but the current incarnation of the Invicta Watch Company is a freakin' joke. Most of their stuff is a complete ripoff of modern designs, their customer service blows chimp, and the only way they can sell their crap is on a TV show. You will never see Invicta taken seriously by any serious collectors. I know many of the members here used to own or currently own Invicta, and this IS NOT a slam on them. But it is what it is. And what Invicta "IS" is a joke. (IMO of course).
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:26 pm

People have been banned for far more trivial matters in the past, even by the OP himself. Does anyone really think that type of information would be allowed at any sponsored forum?
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't pay too much. Don't care if its Invicta or Rolex - they each have folks that hate them and those who love them. Now, the behavior of the owners of each company, there's where you can see a true difference.
Back to top Go down

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

That forum is like the company that sponsors it: someone trying to be something they are not.

For WG, a legitimate forum; for Invicta, a legitimate watch company.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:51 pm

oBMTo wrote:
That forum is like the company that sponsors it: someone trying to be something they are not.

For WG, a legitimate forum; for Invicta, a legitimate watch company.

Welcome to XMT BMT!

another banning Empty
PostSubject: Re: another banning   another banning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another banning
Page 1 of 1