The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

seiko brain fart............yep

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

seiko brain fart............yep Empty
PostSubject: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:06 pm

Well, got my velatura today.of course it has the pin and two collar setup which takes some patience to complete.
I got two links off of one side,then two links off the other and put a pin with no barrel in each side to see if it fit and
was centered.It was.Succes! now all I needed to do was put the pins and collars back in.
Got the watch together,went to strap it on and holy crap!I had put all of the links back in that sucker.
I'm blaming the demerol on that one with a valium chaser. seiko brain fart............yep Icon_eek
You all know how difficult those frigging collars are.You need two different width punches to do it right and it takes alot of time.
So after cussing,I took the links back out and this time put them in the display box.Then assembled the watch.
3 hours of work.No marks or scratches,just kind of embarassed at having to do it twice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:19 pm

did that once and couldn't figure out what happened, I had nothing to blame it on though
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Oh man...not laughing AT you, laughing WITH you!

I'll drop an F'bomb for ya too!!

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:34 pm

All I can say is that we've all been there, best part is that you didn't make the watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:34 am

. . . xanax and vicodin does that to me as well.

I usually put the buckle side of the strap on the 6 o'clock seiko brain fart............yep 213652 . . . .did that and wore my watch to work upside down one day . . . . seiko brain fart............yep Suspect . . . . thought I was really late, I was so proud of myself . . . . seiko brain fart............yep Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Probably would have taken me longer than 3 hours ! seiko brain fart............yep Alien Plus
I would have created some marks and scratches also !..So
you actually did a fine job Sean ! seiko brain fart............yep Icon_cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seiko brain fart............yep   seiko brain fart............yep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seiko brain fart............yep
Page 1 of 1