The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Empty
PostSubject: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

I keep seeing posts with headers like "Another watch I need to hide from the wife" around WISdom.

Sad. Truly sad.

But, if you really need to keep the wife in the dark, here are a few suggestions.

1 - Never have the watch delivered to the house. Only use the office adddress. Sure you can't get Saturday delivery, but think of the overall savings in time and stress.

2 - Women are into accessories. They see combinations of clothes on another woman and will ask "Is that blouse new?" and are used to the answer "No, I just haven't matched it to this skirt before - like it?" Do the same thing with your watches. Change up the strap/bracelet regularly and when asked "Is that a new watch?" respond with "No, I just matched it to his new strap - like it?"

3 - NEVER go through your watch box and explain to her what each watch is, its name, why its different, etc. That's what we here on the forums are for. If you do, be prepared to explain why the watch on your wrist was not a part of that lesson and why you HAD to buy it.

4 - Even if you don't have the mechanical skill or inclination - buy some watch parts (i.e., dials and hands mostly) and a cheap screwdriver set. That way if asked you can say - "Nope, just swapped out the dial - like it?"

5 - Store the boxes somewhere your wife never goes, like the attic (Hey, there are spiders up there!).

6 - WORD can be used to make convincing receipts.

7 - Rotate your watches so that about 1/3 are not on display. Then, when you have a new one, point out that you have some that have gone and you traded.

8 - A shirt cuff can hide a lot.

9 - Buy extra Timex boxes on Ebay, everybody knows that Timex watches are CHEAP, and put your new purchase in one of them to bring home from the office (see #1 above).

10 - Get a spine. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Truly sad that some have to hide something like a watch from their wife. Divorce rates over 50%, no wonder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:34 pm

porschefan wrote:
Truly sad that some have to hide something like a watch from their wife. Divorce rates over 50%, no wonder.

That's me, trying to prevent divorce New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:18 pm

#4 is awesome!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
#4 is awesome!!

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions   New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New watches, wives, and Ten suggestions
Page 1 of 1