The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beater for my Son.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:48 pm

My son has a cheap digital watch that my EX took away from him because she didn't like the beeping every hour. Now he is bummed and since the Pathfinder that I sometimes let him wear looks hideous on a 7 year old, so I decided to dig through the old watch drawer. What I needed was a watch that is not too big and can go anywhere as I have forbidden him to take it off (that's how watches get lost) unless he is in his bedroom. What I came up with is a watch that I beat like the proverbial red headed step child. This watch endured all manner of temperatures (-35F to 220F), lots of impact tools, and about anything else that a contractor can throw at it. This watch finally died after using a pole ponder to drive a post in real hard ground. After that it went in the drawer..........until one day I decided I might need this watch again. I serviced the movement and got it running as smooth as butter, then I gave it a torch-like lume application. After the lume cured, I greased the O rings and gasket, threw it together and pressure tested it to 6 bar. I wore it maybe once and back in the drawer it went.................until yesterday when I came upon it and decided it was perfect for a 7 year old who needs to learn to tell time on a watch with no numbers. Needless to say he is a happy dude and reminds me what time it is about every couple minutes Beater for my Son. Icon_biggrin. I even cut the Zulu strap to fit his wrist. Here is a Pic of the watch. Before anyone asks, that is not his wrist Beater for my Son. Icon_cool .
Beater for my Son. DSC_0241
Beater for my Son. DSC_0158
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Cool choice. My son is 9 and I got him his first watch when he was 2 Beater for my Son. Icon_rolleyes At 7 he had an electronic watch that beeped all the time that the teacher confiscated and "lost". He's still bummed about that and angry at her for "stealing it". Anyway, I have given him my old Invicta Rolex Clone and he wears it. But, he'd like a Timex Indiglo again.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Very cool!

A labor of love, I'm sure he will enjoy it!

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 pm

BJ, let's see a shot on your sons wrist... let's get him going on WISdom. Beater for my Son. Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Here is a pic of him wearing my Pathfinder. It looks like a Dive computer on him. We were in San Antonio on the River walk on our way to go see a Basketball game. I will get a wrist shot of his "new watch" later.
Beater for my Son. DSC_0149
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 pm

That IS OUTSTANDING BJ !!! Beater for my Son. 803574 Looks like ALL
of your hard work on this watch paid off ! GREAT
job sir !!! The orange dial, and strap is just THE
best with this one. That lume looks UNBELIEVABLE
though !..Wow ! Beater for my Son. Icon_eek Congratulations to you both !
I hope he enjoy it ! Beater for my Son. Icon_smile

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Very cool Man! The little guy seems to be lovin that massive watch on his wrist, but I really do think your choice will look much better. Looking forward to his wrist shot! Beater for my Son. Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Love it!!!
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Here he is sporting his version of an Orange Monster.
Beater for my Son. DSC_0600
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Now that is just COOL!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 pm

bjstrap wrote:
Here he is sporting his version of an Orange Monster.
Beater for my Son. DSC_0600

TOUCH MY WATCH...

I DARE YA!

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:15 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:42 pm

That is SOOOOO cool! You are starting him off right.

Last edited by Duker on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 pm

DUDE! THAT FREAKIN ROCKS!!!! Beater for my Son. 933578 GREAT WRIST SHOT!!!! HE'S THE MAN! Beater for my Son. 812159
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

That is freakin cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beater for my Son. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater for my Son.   Beater for my Son. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beater for my Son.
Page 1 of 1