The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mea Culpa - all thumbs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Mea Culpa - all thumbs Empty
PostSubject: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Called Watchbuys last night, after they closed, because I noticed that I had lost a hex headed screw from my 757 bracelet. Rolling Eyes My fault, lost a hex headed screw because I didn't tighten it enough. Rob called me back very quickly and didn't know the answer to my inquiry about the part so gave me Matt's number and when he'd be in today.

Just got off the phone with Matt at Watchbuys - really nice guy. He found the part that I lost cheers We chatted and he answered a bunch of questions for me. Could not have been more accommodating and Customer oriented! Mea Culpa - all thumbs 803574

One question I had was why did my watch come with shoulderless springbars on rubber and with springbars with shoulders on my newly received Tegimented bracelet? I know its picky but I was interested because the old springbars filled the lug holes nearly flush and the new ones don't. His answer was that Sinn ships the rubber and leater with shoulderless and the bracelets with shouldered springbars. His thought was that the torque with the rubber and leather is greater and therefore filling the lugs more fully is an added safety factor. The bracelets are very well machined and the tolerances there are terrific so there is nearly no play and you don't want as much ridigidty for safety reasons.

He told me that the bracelets ship out from WatchBuys configured the way they are received from Sinn in Germany.

He also said that they're thinking about road shows again but nothing definite has been decided. I did put in a plug for Atlanta

I know Watchbuys gets dinged in the forums for various reasons, no argument from me about some of the things making me scratch my head. However, this CS call not involving a sale was handled with exemplary Customer Service by both Rob & Matt and they deserve to be recognized for that level of service IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Kudo's to them, and to you, Robert, for the tip of the hat.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks for sharing a positive CS experience.....

Mea Culpa - all thumbs Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:54 pm

Really sounds like some nice people there Doc ! Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_smile I'm glad they
were able to help you out with those hex headed screws, as well
as answer some other questions about your Sinn ! Mea Culpa - all thumbs 803574 Great stuff
right there !..Thx !!!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your problem, give Rebecca a call. Oops-sorry for the flashback. Now that you have the loctite you're set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks guys. I feel like such a dolt. It really was a relief to talk to Matt at Watchbuys today. He REALLY seemed to be one of us. Not a sales type Rolling Eyes but a genuine appreciator of watches. Knew their line backwards and forwards and just plain seemed to want to talk and help me out. Mea Culpa - all thumbs 803574
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Geez, Robert, it's not like you took a hack saw to the bracelet to get it off when you lost the screw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:38 pm

I've dealt with watchbuys on numerous occasions.other than afew harsh words on a watch that arrived with a bad crown,it was eventually
taken back and replaced.Watchbuys keeps the inventory at the bank and tests each watch before its shipped.At least thats
whats said.So when one arrives with a bad crown,I have to wonder if it was really checked before it shipped.The defect was obvious.
So without placing any blame,they sent an rma and sent the other watch before I shipped the 1st one back.
Do I trust them? yes.They know about every brand they sell and have the answers for any questions asked about what they sell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:57 pm

porschefan wrote:
Geez, Robert, it's not like you took a hack saw to the bracelet to get it off when you lost the screw.

No, but I was really, REALLY, Po'd at myself. Debated revealing my folly here. Then thought - geez is that self-conscious or what! I posted this because WatchBuys, particularly at WUS, gets a REALLY hard time for CS after the sale. It may have only been two interactions but either one was SO much better than my MANY experiences with Rolex ADs its not even comparable.

Oh, and between talking with Rob last night and Matt this afternoon I spoke with Frank at Sinn in Frankfurt. They were willing to send out the part if Watchbuys didn't have it. Responded to my email within about 3 minutes of their official opening time this morning. So far, I'm really impressed with Sinn.

Mea Culpa - all thumbs DSC08199
Gratuitous watch shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 am

It's nice to sense that the product you bought matters to the people that deal in it. It makes that step to the next level rewarding. Glad you have a good vibe on it Doc!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mea Culpa - all thumbs   Mea Culpa - all thumbs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mea Culpa - all thumbs
Page 1 of 1