The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New watch..missing! UPDATE

Go down 
+2
andrema
Anomaly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

New watch..missing! UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Just called FedEx regarding my Steinhart Triton that, according to the tracking number, has been sitting in a warehouse in Paris for 10 days now. The package is nowhere to be found! It was received unlabeled, per FedEx, the label found by itself later. They contacted Steinhart about the package to try to identify it but, again, according to (I'm)Fed(up)Ex, Steinhart doesn't know what packages were shipped whenever yada yada yada. They are now searching for the package. According to the rep, it's there...somewhere! I emailed Steinhart just now; hopefully they will get int the picture. New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_evil

Oh, yeah, I'm pissed. BUT...taking a deep breath....gonna try to be reasonable...and be patient...

Last edited by cski on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:46 pm

First, VERY sorry to hear about the foulup!

Second, Steinhart has a stellar reputation for Customer Service and I know from friends that the owner has gotten involved to make things right in cases in the past.

So, even if FedEx has lost the package Steinhart has records of shipping it and its not your fault. It may be delayed but I'm sure you'll get your watch.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:54 pm

DAMN!

At least DOC has some good news for ya!

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:59 pm

I figured Steinhart would stand behind the order/shipment. What bugs me is that the package has been sitting at FedEx, in limbo. Even if missing the FedEx label there must be some other identifiers on the package.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Just think about how cool it's going to be when it does show up! New watch..missing! UPDATE 74725
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:07 pm

I'm sure Steinhart will take care of you.They know its on them and fedex.Steinhart will ship another one if tracing the package
takes to long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 pm

. . . well there you go. Solid points thrown up for Steinhart.

. . . at least we don't have 27 " Call Rebecca" posts . . . . geek
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:22 pm

wagon wrote:
. . . well there you go. Solid points thrown up for Steinhart.

. . . at least we don't have 27 " Call Rebecca" posts . . . . geek
you forgot the 50 "sorry to hear that" responses...

Chris - That sucks! I know how much it would get me fired up!! There is nothing like waiting for something to arrive and no progress! The one thing about international shipping is that it is at their pace! I am hoping that good news comes to you soon!!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Sorry about this Chris !..I know you were worried about
this, and we all hoped everything was alright. From what
everyone seems to be saying though, Steinhart will make
things right ! New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_smile So, eventually you will be enjoying that
new watch sir ! It just might take a little longer than you
originally thought. Please keep us updated, and of course..
..good luck !!!!

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Got in touch with FedEx, they found the missing package last night at 11:30pm Paris time. So...it's on its way...again!! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:16 pm

whew...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:34 pm

cski wrote:
Got in touch with FedEx, they found the missing package last night at 11:30pm Paris time. So...it's on its way...again!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Good to hear. One note of caution. When the package does arrive, I would make the driver stay while I opened the package in front of him/her to see if everything is alright.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:20 pm

We will keep a ...............................................................watch out on this one!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:03 pm

GREAT news Chris !!! New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_biggrin ..I'm glad the package has been found !
Now you don't have to worry anymore, everything will be fine ! New watch..missing! UPDATE 803574

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Great News Chris..............may the rest of the journey run by swiftly!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm

That is great news Chris..Cant wait to see some pics...I was very close to buying that same watch. Still want to add one to the watch box..
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:18 pm

Glad to hear that it turned up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:18 am

can't wait to see this one Chris!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New watch..missing! UPDATE   New watch..missing! UPDATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New watch..missing! UPDATE
Page 1 of 1