The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

update on my po 45.5

Go down 
+2
Anomaly
andrema
6 posters
AuthorMessage

update on my po 45.5 Empty
PostSubject: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:05 pm

as you all remember I had my po sent in through Jareds to omega to get warranty work.on the original paperwork it stated the cosmetic condition as zero flaws.when the watch came back the movement was totally screwed so it went back again.This time when I go to pick the watch up the crystal is trashed as well as the caseback.So now I'm devistated.This is my daily wear watch.I do take care of them.instead of having jareds send it again I sent this to rob at toppers to send to omega in la.1st email I get from rob is asking me about the missing month between the servicing.apparently Jared had that watch for a month before they contacted me that it was ready.also the scratches on the ar coating that the caseback damage.Well, I kept all of the paperwork.The supervisor at omega went through the paperwork and found that the was was screwed up by Jareds and the other service center.The reason the other center did what they did was because of how Jareds filled out the repair order.they just put fix his watch.What jareds didn't know is omega takes high rez photos of the watches when they arrive.the 1st photo shows a clean crystal.when it went back for the 2nd time the photo showed a damaged crystal and caseback. I just got email from rob.omega is replacing the crystal, giving the entire watch a refinish and are doing the final movement checks all at no charge.so in 2 weeks I'll have my omega back.kudos to rob and omega.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:12 pm

I give them credit! Good QC procedures to protect the customer and great customer service (Rob/Toppers and Omega). It is nice to see companies that look out for the best interest of their customers and ensure that a proper resolution was reached.

Great news Sean!

Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Good for you...

...shame on Jareds!

Hoping it comes back PRISTINE for ya!

Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm

WOW what a terrible thing to happen to you Sean..Big kudos to Rob at toppers...Hope it comes back to you in pristine condition. Keep us posted and post some shots when you get it...
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:06 pm

What does this tell you....buy from Toppers, not from Jareds. It sucks they messed up your watch, but hopefully you will be happier with it this time.

update on my po 45.5 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Besides rob owning toppers jewelers,hes a wis also.I'm sure it will arrive perfect.I've had other watches serviced by omega and breitling.The only time problems happen is when you use an ad to send it in.Do it your self then zero problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Sean,

Glad that its been sorted for you and it'll be right.

My question is - who f'd the watch up? Sounds like, and perhaps I am misreading your post, that Jareds had it for a month without telling you and perhaps someone there f'd it up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm

"He went to Jared's!"

Yeah, never again, right, bro? It'll for sure keep me out of there.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow what a story !..That type of stuff is unacceptable IMO !
To have that happen to a watch is just ridiculous. They really
should be upset with themselves, and I'm sure Omega is also !
You go to these people for help, instead you get shocked by
terrible customer service and a scratched up watch ! update on my po 45.5 Icon_eek ..Well
at least it sounds like Toppers and Omega are setting things
right. Now it looks like the watch will be coming back to you
in even better shape ! update on my po 45.5 Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 am

Docrwm wrote:
Sean,

Glad that its been sorted for you and it'll be right.

My question is - who f'd the watch up? Sounds like, and perhaps I am misreading your post, that Jareds had it for a month without telling you and perhaps someone there f'd it up?

Jareds did it.I sent the watch in oct.in november,jareds calls and says it will be mid jan.before its back because omega had to order parts.I called Jareds mid.jan.they tell me my watch is at the store.I go to pick it up but the crown tube is busted.When I 1st dropped it off the condition was written on the work order.it states no scratches or marks on case and crystal.omega took a high rez photo of it on the 1st service and stated that the crystal was clean,no scratches and the caseback was also clean.The watch had sat at jareds for a month before I called.They should have let me know that it had come back early.Anyways,a supervisor from Jareds takes over and sends it back in.omega takes another high rez photo.This time the crystal is scratched to hell and back and the caseback is destroyed.
I go to pick it up the 2nd time and asked for copies of all of the paperwork and I took the watch.When I got home and looked at it under lights,thats when I found all of the scratches and gouges.I have reading glasses so I couldn't see the marks when it was at jareds.omegas question was where was the watch for 30 days after the 1st service.I sent them the watch and the paperwork and that showed that jareds had posession of the watch the entire time.add to that the photos from the nj service center then its very clear that it wasn't me.I'll post the photos when it gets back.some of these jewelers will take a batch of watches and ship them all at once and those watches rub each other during shipping.Another thing that pissed me off was neither time did the watch come back in the omega clam shell.jareds took both of them,the pricks.I had a breitling that was out of cosc and had carlyle jewelers send it in.When it came back it was beat to hell but arrived in the breitling clamshell case.I sent that one in myself and the regional rep for my area took over my watch and called every week with a progress report.they sent photos when it was done to see if it met with my approval.now thats great service.I think the centers themselves are good but the ads fail when sending them in for warranty work.

I've got a few hundred watches.The omega though is my daily wear watch.theres nothing else that I have that gives me more satisfaction when on the wrist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 am

glad your getting it all fixed up now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 am

WOW!! I guess i never would have thought to go to Jared's to have my Omega repaired. I didn't know they were an AD for them. I would have a field day with Jared's on this one i can tell ya! The bottom line is Rob took care of you as well as Omega and that's all that matters. It's nice to see 2 companies that take such good care of the customer! Glad it seems to be working out for you better in the end!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:05 am

Sean,

Thanks for the explanation. You know I'm not a fan of ADs and this just adds to my caution about them. Truly said story on the one hand but great support and service from the actual watch companies themselves for your Omega and Breitling. The broader question for all of us becomes, why use an AD at all if this is what happens with most?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Sean,

Thanks for the explanation. You know I'm not a fan of ADs and this just adds to my caution about them. Truly said story on the one hand but great support and service from the actual watch companies themselves for your Omega and Breitling. The broader question for all of us becomes, why use an AD at all if this is what happens with most?

You need the ad as the point of sale for the manufacturers warranty.Thats it.plenty of ads will sell over the phone,give a great discount thats as good as gray market.if this was a gray market purchase then omega wouldn't have done the warranty work.I would have had to either pay them or trust the gray market company to fix the watch.I've been down that road before.you don't want a 3rd party company working on a coaxial movement.Even omega has a tough time with them.Also only omega can match the factory finish.Some people miss this point.Whill jack at IWW can refinsih one,he can't match omegas finsihing.He doesn't have the machine that omega uses.
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

That whole affair was ugly but glad you finally got satisfaction....
Not my story but when I arrived here in Japan and cruising the used stores, I found a nice vintage 1990s Seamaster dress quartz 2 tone. A few years later, the tiny knob stopping the sliding clasp broke off. Contacting the Swatch Group in Osaka, Japan, they said they would have to order the whole clasp from Switzerland at a cost of about $300.00 back in 2003.
Since that was what I had paid for the used watch, I nixedthe idea. Then a few years later I found an old 82 year old professional watchmaker nearby who was certified to work on Omegas etc. He looked at the Omega problem...brought out his old boxed tools and made a new tiny ball/screw head stopper right in front of my eyes! took him about 20 minutes....charged me $5.00usd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He is my go-to watch guy now.....at aged 86!!!!!!!!!!!!......

update on my po 45.5 M_foto5good

The Omega PO is really a splendid wearing watch!

update on my po 45.5 M_topSAK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on my po 45.5   update on my po 45.5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

update on my po 45.5
Page 1 of 1