The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Reply

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Well, among the things that were asked for when folks replied to Alan's request for input was the Quick Reply box that you see at the bottom of every thread now.

It's been turned on again. We turned it off after complaints a long time ago.

Hope it helps and folks enjoy it.

Robert & XMT Team
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:06 pm

It is fantastic and thank you. The quick reply box here is robust and still allows for a lot of basic features like text effects, quoting, insert images, etc. This is a better quick reply box then the one I use on my forum.

Very nice and thank you.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Not too sure what quick reply means or does other than skipping one mouse click? Although I am using it right now.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Quote :
Not too sure what quick reply means or does other than skipping one mouse click? Although I am using it right now.

That is exactly what it does AND it eliminates an entire page load, which for some is a big time saver, especially on busy forums or threads with lots of images that have to load.

It really is a great tool for the members to use when making posts. For example I just did this one that way!

ALSO, the quick reply box works great on most forums when posting from your phone or mobile device and makes it way way easier to use and post.

Last edited by TVDinner on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Just curious, what was the complaint? I generally use it when available and can't imagine what the problem would be.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 pm

TVDinner wrote:

That is exactly what it does AND it eliminates an entire page load, which for some is a big time saver, especially on busy forums or threads with lots of images that have to load.

It really is a great tool for the members to use when making posts. For example I just did this one that way!

ALSO, the quick reply box works great on most forums when posting from your phone or mobile device and makes it way way easier to use and post.

COOL! I used it again!
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 pm

argabright wrote:
Just curious, what was the complaint? I generally use it when available and can't imagine what the problem would be.

At one time it wasn't posting peoples sig areas, lines, photos, etc.; and IIRC, there was also an occasional problem of the complete post wouldn't go up. and some other issues.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:19 pm

just checking if the quick reply box is working......

how does she look....

lets see, lets add image.

Quick Reply 05885-10
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 pm

She seems to be a Brit.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 pm

I knew she wasnt a brit, but had to google it......

Sossamon was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the daughter of Sherry Sossamon, a nurse, and Todd Lindberg; her mother later re-married Randy Goldstein.[1][2] She is of Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Filipino, and Hawaiian descent.

Still I think shes hot, wanted to check out the image function of the quick reply box, and so I posted her........for you all to look at....LOL.

I could have posted this instead.....
Quick Reply 12176010

(WHAT TV DINNER REALLY LOOKS LIKE.......TOO MANY TV DINNERS...LOL)
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Cool added feature. I like it.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
I knew she wasnt a brit, but had to google it......

Sossamon was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, the daughter of Sherry Sossamon, a nurse, and Todd Lindberg; her mother later re-married Randy Goldstein.[1][2] She is of Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Filipino, and Hawaiian descent.

Still I think shes hot, wanted to check out the image function of the quick reply box, and so I posted her........for you all to look at....LOL.

I could have posted this instead.....
Quick Reply 12176010

(WHAT TV DINNER REALLY LOOKS LIKE.......TOO MANY TV DINNERS...LOL)

Ok, if you guys are going to abuse us with this function.....
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Speaking of functions-Is it possible to add a "search your posts" feature. Other forums have it but I don't know if this software supports it. It can be hard to find an older thread sometimes just using the search function.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:04 pm

the search your posts is available here kinda

go to your profile, then click on where it says registration -view your profile at the the top, then click on statistics, and you can view alll your posts.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Thats how i do it Mark, view your profile like don said, seems to work ok for me!
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Trevor, my name is Don, not don.....please dont lowercase it like that, it shows disrespect to me................. Quick Reply Icon_jokercolor Quick Reply Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

merichar wrote:
Speaking of functions-Is it possible to add a "search your posts" feature. Other forums have it but I don't know if this software supports it. It can be hard to find an older thread sometimes just using the search function.

tattoo chef wrote:
the search your posts is available here kinda

go to your profile, then click on where it says registration -view your profile at the the top, then click on statistics, and you can view alll your posts.

Guys, look at the top left of the message box...you will see ACTIONS...click on that.

One of the options is View Your Posts...I use that option a lot.

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

okay, thanks Mark, ......that is alot easier, never paid attention to that one........thanks!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks-you guys have done your good deed for the day.
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Sorry Don, i wont make the mistake a second time!
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

cali kid wrote:
Sorry Don, i wont make the mistake a second time!

Damn skippy......lol..
Trev, you know I was only screwing with ya.....
Back to top Go down

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Quick Reply 450851 I know you were Don! notice the cap though!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Hey, I remember this quick reply thingamajig ! Quick Reply Icon_cheers
Thanks again guys !..I'll have to try it out !!! Quick Reply Icon_smile

Sponsored content

Quick Reply Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Reply   Quick Reply Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Reply
Page 1 of 1