The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fake vs. real PO.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:30 pm

This was just posted on how to tell between a fake Omega PO and a real PO. The differences are subtle but if you know what to look for you can avoid getting ripped off.

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4604
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Good stuff Brian...Thanks!

I have heard that on the FAKES the He valve is DEAD ON the 10, while on the REAL ONES, is slightly off center of the 10...

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Good old oscar's hev crown is not even close to the real one, the pip is all wrong and the date window is too small, also i think the 12 and 6 look off! Seeing a picture is tough but in real life these watches dont have the weight or presence of the real deal! think you could be taken buying a picture but if you had it in your hand you would pick up on it quite easily!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

You mean my PO is fake... Fake vs. real PO. Affraid

Fake vs. real PO. OGfakePO

OSCAR'S WRIST SHOT Smile

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:18 pm

Fake vs. real PO. 744742
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Wow, I guess you really have to be careful ! These watches
are pretty close to the originals ! Fake vs. real PO. Icon_eek Unless you know to look
closely at the lume dot, and helium escape valve, you could
really make a mistake. Have to wonder if many never even
find out at all, or maybe find out if they go to get it serviced !
..Thanks alot for the link Brian !

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:55 pm

andrema wrote:

I'm sorry to have to confirm Mark that your PO is indeed a fake. Wrong HEV (size, shape, and location), Lume Pip is wrong (size, location relevant to the triangle, etc.), the case is wrong (mirror finish, angle of the bevel, etc.), date window is off. More importantly, and quite frankly even scarier is an issue that I believe you will need expert professional help with, the fakeness of the watch appears to be spreading to your wrist. Unfortunately, you need to see your personal physician immediately because your wrist is definitely also now fake!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 pm

Docrwm wrote:
andrema wrote:

I'm sorry to have to confirm Mark that your PO is indeed a fake. Wrong HEV (size, shape, and location), Lume Pip is wrong (size, location relevant to the triangle, etc.), the case is wrong (mirror finish, angle of the bevel, etc.), date window is off. More importantly, and quite frankly even scarier is an issue that I believe you will need expert professional help with, the fakeness of the watch appears to be spreading to your wrist. Unfortunately, you need to see your personal physician immediately because your wrist is definitely also now fake!
Thanks doc...my wrist has been acting sort of dimwitted lately. I even got the urge the other day to ban someone without cause...

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:13 pm

andrema wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
andrema wrote:

Thanks doc...my wrist has been acting sort of dimwitted lately. I even got the urge the other day to ban someone without cause...

Trev,
At least you still retain the ability to write coherently! It's NOT too late to reverse this and get you well!
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Thats Mark Doc, i dont spell to good!! Fake vs. real PO. Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:46 pm

cali kid wrote:
I think Doc has it now...check the dial of his Sinn to make sure it has both n's...

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm

andrema wrote:
cali kid wrote:
I think Doc has it now...check the dial of his Sinn to make sure it has both n's...

Man. What ARE you talking about? My watch says "UTC" on it. The Utc company made it and its a real Utc!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:11 am

This to me is hilarious...I posted my Pam297 on his forum and he took my pics down saying that copies are not allowed on the forum...I laughed at him. I told him he is a loser and a jealous ass crack.....I have paper work and a receipt to prove it and bought it from a reputable business who specialize in pam's. We went back and forth and I really was pissed and told him what to do with his forum. I also told him to delete my account...What a jealous ass crack...I guess i didnt fit in the click...but who cares but this is total satisfaction...hahahahaha...I love this...lol
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:14 am

Sad that we all cant just get along. Lol. I have never really had any issues at that forum. I post infrequently butndo read once a day or more.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:19 am

ericf4 wrote:
Sad that we all cant just get along. Lol. I have never really had any issues at that forum. I post infrequently butndo read once a day or more.

I agree with you Eric...and I'm sure many already know me by now. I am non confrontational and always keep out of trouble but this dude pissed me off real bad and totally disrespected me. What really pissed me off was how he was talking to me saying some crap that i was busted...what an effin loser he is.
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:21 am

Good for you Jack! That asshat questions your panny while he post a fake omega!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:23 am

cali kid wrote:
Good for you Jack! That asshat questions your panny while he post a fake omega!

Thanks Trevor I appreciate that..This is total satisfaction for me and I would love to hear what he says about his fake azz omega...wow totally amazes me.
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 am

I would be pissed if someone did that to me totally. It would torque me.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:29 am

ericf4 wrote:
I would be pissed if someone did that to me totally. It would torque me.

Dude...it really pissed me off and I really went crazy...First time I have ever been questioned about anything I own...bye the way 9800 slider?
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 am

No comprende.
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:52 am

What gets me is how stupid did he think his membership was, that thing isn't close to being real! Since he is such a bigshot would hate to think he thought it was real, has horsetrack all over it but at least he hid the fake behind other watches not a big nice closeup of a fake PO!!
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:59 am

cali kid wrote:
What gets me is how stupid did he think his membership was, that thing isn't close to being real! Since he is such a bigshot would hate to think he thought it was real, has horsetrack all over it but at least he hid the fake behind other watches not a big nice closeup of a fake PO!!

hahahahaha.....did anyone say anything to him? did he pull his own pics down? hahahaahahahaah
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 am

There's some thread over there in which he says a) he got it in a trade, b) it was in rough shape, c) he fixed it up by having it polished and putting after market parts on it........

Wow, all that work so it now looks exactly like a brand new Faux Omega.
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:17 pm

jackprime1 wrote:
cali kid wrote:

hahahahaha.....did anyone say anything to him? did he pull his own pics down? hahahaahahahaah
Sadly Trevor the vast majority of the membership there are sheeple and just go along with what he says w/o questioning him or the mods whatsoever. If something is wrong I'm calling bs on it. I have a hard time believing that many people are afraid of calling him out on his shit.
Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:55 pm

I agree B, not like his site is all that! Hell give DWC or XMT a shot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fake vs. real PO. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake vs. real PO.   Fake vs. real PO. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fake vs. real PO.
Page 1 of 1