The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANS BEST FRIEND!!!

Go down 
+4
barnbuilder
PoliMalaka
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Empty
PostSubject: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 pm

show them if you got them, this is my 3 year old weimeraner shiloh. she never bitches when i spend money on watches. LOL MANS BEST FRIEND!!! P809428888888 MANS BEST FRIEND!!! P809429477777
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:37 pm

That is one SVELTE Doggy!

VERY COOL!

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:40 pm

You've got a cool dog there Tazman.

Listen up people! Dogs are great but do not confuse them with people. Doggies are not you babies and you are not their mommys and daddys. I repeat, not!
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:42 pm

can't have a dog, wife is allergic to all furry animals except cats. I'm sick of cats!!

Good looking dog Steve
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:53 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
You've got a cool dog there Tazman.

Listen up people! Dogs are great but do not confuse them with people. Doggies are not you babies and you are not their mommys and daddys. I repeat, not!
thanks, and you are right. you need to be the master or they will end up being yours. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:57 pm

15 year old Chocolate Lab "Dutch" and he is sure showing his age! He been a great friend to family over the years and has got a little grey in the goatee like someone else!!! He used to be real dark but over the last few years his coat has lightened up and he is pretty boney and i just hope he can make it through my daughters senior year in high school, i've been trying to get her ready for the day the he will be gone!
He can still act like a pup at times, last night i trapped a gopher in the back yard and when he saw me pull that critter out of the hole he wanted a piece of it trap and all!!

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 100_1510

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 100_1507

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 100_1514
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 pm

These are some AWESOME dogs guys ! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_biggrin ..I don't have one, also
allergic, but still like them alot ! Fantastic pictures, as well as fantastic
pets !..Thanks very much for giving us a glimpse of them !!!

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Jazzmyn here is 8 yrs old, i adopted her at 8 weeks. Best dog I've ever met!
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Jazz2
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Fall05005
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Man that is a long time to have a dog Trev! Get some gopher!

Tough looking dog there FD!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:54 pm

She is something special as well FreeDive !!! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_biggrin
..Excellent pictures of her sir !

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 10:25 pm

My buddy Brodie. I'm a sucker for Boxers. Brodie is my 3rd adopted Boxer.

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! IMG_2449
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Charlie....adopted about three years ago:

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Skagen005

Mia...adopted two years ago:

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Miaday2002

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:39 pm

great looking dogs,i like the boxers to hobbit, they are a great breed. heres my dogs best buddy BUBBA MANS BEST FRIEND!!! P3071299lipstick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 am

Think old bubba might have a thing for shilo if you know what i mean! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 203558
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:08 am

cali kid wrote:
Think old bubba might have a thing for shilo if you know what i mean! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 203558
LOL!! hes tried many of times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:51 am

My Shar Pei Deuce

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 6134_1129099321083_1635233546_32880

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 19177_1238709221262_1635233546_6009

My Shar Pei/Pitt Bull mix Gabby

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! SNB12329

Both taking a nap

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! SNB12424
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 am

Seriously cool dogs fellas!

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Here is Sadie, my Weim.
She's 8 now.
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! S1
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! S2MANS BEST FRIEND!!! S3
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! S5
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Great to see you here again TB!

That gray coat on Sadie looks like velvet!

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks Alan!
Best dog I ever had.....
I've never been without a dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 pm

I think Weimeraners are by far the most beautiful dog on the planet. I had one when I met my wife. I would love to have another someday. But the wife says if I get another she's out the door. LOL Storm, my Weim, was a bit high strung to say the least.

I do miss him though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:47 pm

Here is a tip...never piss off a Basenji!

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! DSC00178_0085

This is Diva our 10 year old Basenji (AKA the African "barkless dog"). She is one of the toughest animals that I have ever seen. Kills anything that enters the yard, known to climb up a tree (about 8 feet) to chase a squirel and can catch a car driving down the street from a sitting position. We bought her for the typical reasons...she was/is beautiful. But Basenji's are cute for a reason...very hard to train, very smart and very independent.

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:05 pm

What a cool dog you have Andrema!
I've never heard of a Basenji, I was going to ask all kinds of questions, but I'll google.

Cool Dog!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Awesome dogs, guys! Glad this wasn't a thread full of poodles and shitsoos....not that there's anything wrong with them...But you fellas sure can pick some cool and beautiful companions!

If anyone's interested, I read (parts of) a great book called "Pack of Two", by a woman describing her relationship with a dog. Poli is right, they aren't babies and we aren't their parents. But the bond between people and dogs is special, and the relationships that are developed sill hold meaning, worth, and fulfillment. There are few other species, aside from other humans, with which a bond like that can exist or grow.

Having a kid made me realize where the shortfalls of the human-canine relationships are, but Jazzy is still precious to me; and her consistent and predictable demeanor is sometimes the only one i want to be around.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Time Bandit wrote:
What a cool dog you have Andrema!
I've never heard of a Basenji, I was going to ask all kinds of questions, but I'll google.

Cool Dog!

Thanks! Diva is pretty much a perfect example of what a Basenji should look like. Her grandmother was a national champion and her father was in the top 5. We bought her from a breeder who intended to keep her...it is amazing how things change with a little extra cash! Well worth it, great dog once we got her trained (holy crap that was hard!).

These dogs are one of the most ancient dog breeds. They originate from Africa (the Congo) and are found in packs. A They are fairly odorless, barkless, very fast and clean themselves very much like cats. The live to please themselves and not their owners. Packs of Basenji's are very efficient hunters, they can take down very large animals, even large predators.

If someone is looking to get a Basenji, do your HOMEWORK. They can be very destructive and there are stories of massive home damage (almost digging through outer walls) if they are not sufficiently trained.

Link to Baseji Club of America site -- http://www.basenji.org/
Good link on the history of the breed -- http://www.basenji-info.de/basenji%20history.htm

Last edited by andrema on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:21 pm

A good novel, with the story told from the dog's POV, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. The book was a NY Times bestseller.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 pm

I could never not have a dog in my life. Your dog will love you no matter what. They will never judge you or stab you in the back. My dogs have gotten me through some tough times in my life. The hardest thing I ever had to do was put down dogs I have had before. I dont treat them like my kids even though they will most likely be the closest thing considering I am never going to get married or have kids. I also think there should be much stiffer penalty's for dog/animal abuse. I am in no way a PETA nut, but come on, someone beats a animal and only gets fined!?? Anyway sorry for my rant.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 am

That IS a regal looking dog Mark...very cool!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 am

You guys have some INCREDIBLE dogs here ! Yowza !!!! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_biggrin
Your pictures really capture alot of their personalities also.
Hey, and some of them even seem to like watches ! MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_cheers
..What a super cool thread !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 am

Scrappy (Boxer):
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 1015029

Bentley Jackson (English Bulldog):
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 11446102695079748762100

Tinker Bell (Rat Terrier):
MANS BEST FRIEND!!! 1002472k
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:31 am

This is Bart,15 month old Border collie.belongs to my two boys MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_biggrin

MANS BEST FRIEND!!! _DSC0311
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MANS BEST FRIEND!!!   MANS BEST FRIEND!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANS BEST FRIEND!!!
Page 1 of 1