The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Reading the post on the straps and some guys arent sure whats the deal. I think the military and divers used them first for comfort, easy to clean but most importantly safety! what happens if you break a spring bar in battle, on a rock while diving or surfing or sometimes they just break! Weakest link in any watch and with a one piece ZULU or NATO you can break a spring bar and not loose your in this case 150 dollar monster or it could be a 2500 dollar seawolf! If wearing a expensive piece in the water its about the only way to go and have heard stories of guys loosing some bithcin watches over a .50 part!

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 002-30

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 001-8

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 003-2

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 004-5

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 007-5

Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Can't wear cloth straps. I'll take looks over the freak chance a spring bar breaks.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 pm

What if some freak magnetic storm breaks them BOTH! Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_twisted

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Now its mainly guys that like the look but if i was a diver and used some of my higher end pieces they would be on a ZULU for the dives! Just makes good sense for someone thats in the water a bunch to wear something that if by chance a spring bar fails you dont loose a watch! How many guys here can say they have never had a spring bar come off a watch?? Know its happened to me a few times(at me desk twice) and underwater you only get the one chance!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Really GREAT explanation, AND demonstration on why Natos, and Zulus
are good..both on land and sea Trevor ! Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_smile They are evidently tough,
and comfortable which is a pretty nice combination !!!..Thanks for the
info, and pics here sir !

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Can't wear cloth straps. I'll take looks over the freak chance a spring bar breaks.
Have you tired them? Once I tired one on, the comfort won me over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:05 pm

PoliMalaka wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Have you tired them? Once I tired one on, the comfort won me over.
Word Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) 803574 . I had never worn a watch with one but after read up on them I thought I'd give them a try. Been a convert of the zulus ever since and at only $16-$17 a piece you can't beat them.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Thanks for the info. Which one has the extra flap to hold the watch in place?
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:14 am

The nato. It has a loop in the strap that is klanked on either side by the metal keepers.

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Msn3_small
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 am

Hey B loved the pics of all your Zulu's, looked hot! Alot of guys with a highend or vintage rolex/omega will put it on a Zulu because their bracelet is mint and don't want to scratch it up in case they might want to sell it! Plus they are killer looking, anyone see Kenneths Sinn's? Like Brian said for 17 bucks each you can have a ton of different straps and most watches look very sweet on one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)   Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why a NATO or Zulu (pictures)
Page 1 of 1