The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stuff from NFW? Sure!

Go down 
+5
Northwestguy
smellody
AtomicTom
sixtysix
Anomaly
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Empty
PostSubject: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Per your requests, we're making a special NFW Collector's Vault. Here's a couple shots of the prototype. We're beginning production now and will have these in mid-November. Not sure of the price yet, but wanted to give you guys a sneak peek.

It holds 10 watches. The overall dimensions are: 15.75" x 9" x 5".

There are 10 slots that have ample room, each lined with black felt with black pillows. The slot size is: 4"L x 2.75"W x 3.25"D.
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2920
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2922

Oh, and what's this? The NFW 5th Anniversary, Black & Red, AutoPilot Limited Edition? Why, yes it is!

Only 55 of these being made (get it? 55 for 5th Anniversary?). Black & Red are the NFW company colors, hence this one is black & red. And since it's loaded with badness we put our Skull & Tridents artwork on the dial. This will hold the new Miyota 9015, 28,800 BPH, hacking movement. Smooth & silky on the inside, bad to the bone on the outside.
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2926
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2925

Oh, and here it is with it's new brother, to commemorate the race car that NFW sponsors with iW magazine... Also with the 9015, this one has a fully polished case, bezel, & bracelet with the Skull & Tridents dial artwork done in "liquid silver." Only 113 being made, since that's the number of our race car.
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2928
New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 100_2929

Both Limited Editions will be available in early October. Within the next week or so I'll announce pricing and info about reserving one of them. You guys will get your XMT 20% discount on the L.E.'s and will get a few weeks Advanced Reservation time before we release them to our jewelers or to the general public.

Thanks for looking!

George
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:48 pm

DUDE...those watches ROCK!

I've been wanting a SKULL watch FOREVER!

Keep us posted PLEASE!

EDIT - ANY way to get the silver one BRUSHED out???????

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Keep us posted PLEASE!

LOL - Alan, you could take it on as a little do-it-yourself project.... Get a 6-pack of your favorite brew, a couple Scotchbrite pads.... And go to town!
Cool

Thanks,
G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:02 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Keep us posted PLEASE!

LOL - Alan, you could take it on as a little do-it-yourself project.... Get a 6-pack of your favorite brew, a couple Scotchbrite pads.... And go to town!
Cool

Thanks,
G

TRU DAT!

That dial TOTALLY rocks!

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Just keep thinking: "Straight, even strokes. Straight, even strokes. Straight, even strokes." between sips... :>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Alan, by the way: Did you notice on the dials that the 4 tips of the tridents are located to fall precisely where the minute marks would be on those 4 places? Knowing you, you probably did notice this... :>)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Ed Hardy-ish..........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

Ouch!

Actually, I designed the Skull & Tridents artwork for our race car. The guys at iW magazine asked me to do something special for the car. This art's been really popular. We've even got people who have it inked on their bodies, which surprised me the first time I saw it!

Obviously, it's not for everyone and that's okay.

Very Happy

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Think George was making watches long before the crew from Ed's started making T-shirts no less watches and that has been the logo for awhile! Very Nice Big G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:40 pm

BTW...how is that VIPER FISH coming along G?

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Anomaly wrote:

Coming along fine, sir!

I'm expecting a full set of samples next week, for my final approval before production. If any of them just don't float my boat then they get the ax. So, I'm expecting to end up with 10 to 12 models of the V-Fish for this year. Am pushing to get them before the end of November for the Holiday orders...

So, I think that we'll begin the Advanced Reservation process around the end of October or early November. There's a lot of demand for this watch but this way you guys should be able to get what you want before we release them to our jewelers and the general public.

Sound okay?

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:12 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Anomaly wrote:

Coming along fine, sir!

I'm expecting a full set of samples next week, for my final approval before production. If any of them just don't float my boat then they get the ax. So, I'm expecting to end up with 10 to 12 models of the V-Fish for this year. Am pushing to get them before the end of November for the Holiday orders...

So, I think that we'll begin the Advanced Reservation process around the end of October or early November. There's a lot of demand for this watch but this way you guys should be able to get what you want before we release them to our jewelers and the general public.

Sound okay?

G

Sounds like a plan Stan...er....George!

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Hey, was that a Deep Blue reference, Alan? LOL!

Well, if so then I'm honored. Stan makes some great stuff.

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:19 pm

G.Fox wrote:

G

No man...I don't do "back handed stuff"

If I'm comparing I'll come straight at ya bro!

Now I am gonna put you on the spot...

...I have ALWAYS been afraid of PVD black watches. Have you done anything to yours to see that the PVD holds up better than AVERAGE?

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Anomaly wrote:
G.Fox wrote:

G

...I have ALWAYS been afraid of PVD black watches. Have you done anything to yours to see that the PVD holds up better than AVERAGE?

Actually, Alan, I've heard from many customers that our IP/PVD does hold up better than average. We work with one of the top IP coating applicators in the world. Often, we have to wait in line to get our parts in their door, but it's worth it. I've never heard of one of ours where the IP has flaked off, or chipped off as is often heard with the IP or PVD from some other companies. Sure, you can definitely scratch it, especially on the edges since an edge takes more force. But, all-in-all, our stuff is among the best. Not bragging, just reporting what I've heard from guys who have this finish from multiple brands.

Thanks for asking!

G
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:30 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
G.Fox wrote:

G

Actually, Alan, I've heard from many customers that our IP/PVD does hold up better than average. We work with one of the top IP coating applicators in the world. Often, we have to wait in line to get our parts in their door, but it's worth it. I've never heard of one of ours where the IP has flaked off, or chipped off as is often heard with the IP or PVD from some other companies. Sure, you can definitely scratch it, especially on the edges since an edge takes more force. But, all-in-all, our stuff is among the best. Not bragging, just reporting what I've heard from guys who have this finish from multiple brands.

Thanks for asking!

G

Good stuff man...

...THEN I am leaning now toward the Red Dial/Black PVD Skeleton model!

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Alan, I think the fully polished steel version would look rockin' on you, brutha! :>) And.... no IP to worry about. Hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:42 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Alan, I think the fully polished steel version would look rockin' on you, brutha! :>) And.... no IP to worry about. Hmmmm...

Hmmm...

...now why do you have to go and confuse me????

lol!

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:48 pm

Ha! Maybe you should just get both of them, Alan!!! :>)
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:58 pm

G.Fox wrote:
Ha! Maybe you should just get both of them, Alan!!! :>)

Now THERE is a salesman...

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

I despise their skull work as well.........a childish sort of design for rock stars or Skelton's of the world. I'm sure Jimmy will pick up one of each option. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:00 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

I despise their skull work as well.........a childish sort of design for rock stars or Skelton's of the world. I'm sure Jimmy will pick up one of each option. Laughing

Now that is an OUCH! Twisted Evil lol! affraid

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Nice stuff George.....still enjoying the Auto Pilot I won from the crossword in iW.....can't wait to see the finished Viperfish Very Happy .

New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:25 pm

What a MEAN looking watch case, along with watches here
Mr. Fox !!! New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 933578 .. New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_biggrin With the case, it is EXCELLENT both
inside, and out ! ..Looks like something James Bond would
keep his NFW's in. Between the soft inside, hard outside,
and the logo on the outside, it's PERFECT ! ..The limited
edition AutoPilots are VERY special as well. Those dials
added to THIS watch are just TOO GOOD ! New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 46145 ..Thanks
for keeping us up on things, and congratulations to you
on all of this as well !

smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Nice offerings George!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

scratch scratch scratch

New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Dee_ricky_ga110dr-1a_lg
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Hobbit712 wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

scratch scratch scratch

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Hobbit712 wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Wisconsin Proud wrote:
Ed Hardy-ish..........

I'd lean more B&Rish...

scratch scratch scratch

Very Happy

+1 I guess there is an ass for every saddle.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:16 pm

I love the case. And the polished version of the AP is beautiful. I can hardly wait to see the finished product and samples of the Viperfish.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 am

nice watch case George!

I'm not into skull watches but this one looks good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:40 am

G Shock is G Shock - been doing color for years. Skull designs are bandwagon material for those with nipple piercings!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:44 am

It's GREAT to see how we ALL love watches but have such different tastes at times...

FUN THREAD!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Anomaly wrote:
It's GREAT to see how we ALL love watches but have such different tastes at times...

FUN THREAD!

New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! 196544
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I'll add this to the discussion - I have nothing against George - by all means he's a stand up guy and well-liked in the watch forum arena. His previous designs I approve of.

But consider this: generally members will ooh and ahh at any and all designs by small companies that have a presence on watch forums, especially those companies whose owners are participants. Meanwhile, we don't hesitate to take jabs at large, faceless companies.

Consider all the micro brands and all the positve support they generate. Yet rarely does anyone speak out that they don't care for the design.

I know, part of that is we don't want to offend the guy behind the product but flat out approval off all designs just because the owner is a member on a forum is not proper feedback.

George's sack hangs low (from what I understand Laughing ) and can take the constructive criticism. If you genuinely think a design is downright awesome out of this world then by all means say so. But on the otherhand, speak out when a ho-hum design is put forward as well.

I think George would want it this way.......big sack and all lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stuff from NFW? Sure!   New Stuff from NFW?  Sure! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stuff from NFW? Sure!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next