The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Empty
PostSubject: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Some of you may remember the issues I had when I ordered a SWI chronograph from World of Watches. The flip lock on the deployant was loose and didnt stay in place. Also it appeared someone had removed the bracelet not very carefully and scratched the underside of the lugs. I assume this was done in order to try on or wear the watch and negate the tag one usually cuts off the bracelet.

WOW was helpful and sent out another watch as a replacement. I absolutely love the watch. It is one of my favs by far.

However, over the past week I noticed the winder that was sent was not keeping the watch wound. The watch has a Valjoux 7750 inside and requires 800 turns per day in a clockwise rotation. Well low and behold the winder they sent, although very nice, is not programmable and will only turn CW at 650 TPD.  I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) 832207

So I called customer service today and I found out they sent me an older winder that is not programmable!

Now I have to return this one on their dime and wait for the new one to arrive.

At least the watch still rocks.  I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) 203558
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 pm

At least you are deal with SWI and WOW and not invicta! Enjoy the watch and the sweet winder when it arrives!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Wow Hobbit ! ..This is an odd, as well as unfortunate story TOO !  I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_eek
..Sounds like stories like yours here, along with Alan's, occur often
and probably to ALOT of others too I bet ! ..It's almost like this is
some Twilight Zone of customer service where events happen that
are either wrong, strange, or just plain annoying. Just trying to get
the right thing done nowadays is seemingly getting harder and harder.
In any case, it sounds like your watch is fine now, and soon you will
have that new winder !  I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:31 am

Sounds like to me, that you DID win, on both counts.
And not out any extra shipping costs either.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:40 am

good that your getting a new winder, the right one. Also nice that the second watch is working perfect.
It's a great looking watch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:44 am

Oops,
I also forgot to say, Congrats!
Sorry about that, I was speed posting there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:34 am

Time Bandit wrote:
Sounds like to me, that you DID win, on both counts.
And not out any extra shipping costs either.

True dat! Just can be frustrating having to do all the wrapping, shipping, dropping off packages and then having to wait. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)    I can't freakin' win...part two(my story) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I can't freakin' win...part two(my story)
Page 1 of 1