The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Italian Navy would be proud!!

Go down 
+5
Northwestguy
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
ericf4
andrema
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Italian Navy would be proud!! Empty
PostSubject: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Italian watch and rubber, ordered the isofrane and made it from Austria in three days, not bad for 10 bones in shipping charges!

Italian Navy would be proud!! 010-5

Italian Navy would be proud!! 015-5

Italian Navy would be proud!! 005-17

Italian Navy would be proud!! 003-20

Italian Navy would be proud!! 022

Italian Navy would be proud!! 016-5

Italian Navy would be proud!! 009-17

Italian Navy would be proud!! 007-13

Italian Navy would be proud!! 013-9

Italian Navy would be proud!! 008-12

Ciao Baby! Italian Navy would be proud!! 916203
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Looks great man! I have that exact version of the 22mm strap and love it!!

Again...AWESOME watch man!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Thanks Mark, ive got a 24mm isofrane and they are by far the best real rubber strap on the market! No lint or dust, doesnt sweat on the wrist and is just a perfect strap.... Dont fall for the O7 and other look-a-likes because they arent even close to the real italian rubber isofrane strap!
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:41 pm

you got a sweet rubber there dude
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

that rubber looks great on your new anonimo trevor, it looks like this one is going to get a lot of wrist time, with all the new straps you have coming. its amazing how much a strap changes the overall look of a watch. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:47 pm

It's a shame you don't like that watch more Trevor!

LMAO!

I gotta say, that rubber strap looks GREAT on there!

VERY COOL!

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 am

Lookin' Good!

When in doubt, wear a rubber! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:33 am

Very tough to change the straps, rubber wasnt bad but the leather is almost impossible to get the screwbars through the strap and in both lug ends
(stock bars have a slotted head on one end and a screw head that threads into the tube on the other end) Leatherstraps really takes up alot of room and you can get the one end in the lug hole and into the strap, the main problem is getting the screwbar into the other lug and then screwing in the screwbar bolt though the lug and tighten into the bar, brain has already warned me there isnt much room from a leather strap to fit with enough room to get the bars into both lugs and it took me a good three hours last ight and i gave up and used a single bar used in drilled through lugs in one side of the watch lugs and when the isofrane should up the screwbar and screwhead worked without much effort, I ordered these from panatime hoping they will work in place of the stock ones so i can use the bjstraps! Here is a quick look and i will know in a couple weeks? Shot from panatime that i think will work and still look like a two or three piece scewbar, tube and screwhead! Sure hope so because i need me some bj love but brian will have to make them real thin where they go against the case!

Italian Navy would be proud!! Yhst-87306363192469_2131_24300547

They have a fake slot in one end so they look like a screwbar and screw. Hope the springbars that look like scewbars will work on the thicker bjstraps???

This is what the stock one looks like and it really hard to seat it in the last lug!

Italian Navy would be proud!! Yhst-87306363192469_2131_32595034
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:43 am

Forgot to tell you how hard it was swapping from my anonimo rubber to my anonimo kodiac. Was fing terrible. Now as much as I wanna go back to rubber once in a while I'm scared I won't be able to get the kodiac back on. Plus you have to have a screwdriver in each hand which is hard as shit for me for some reason. The new anonimos use a hex type head. Way better. Wish I had that.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:01 am

Looks Good Trevor. Have always liked the look on someone else but not for myself. Just wish they would make one with less holes in it!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 am

That is SOME KIND of strap Trevor !!! Very Happy ..Honestly adds even
more attitude to your new Anonimo ! ..It seems EXTRA sporty,
but also looks like something a professional diver might want to
have on their watch. It's nice how it has all of those different
sized rectangles cut into the rubber. Also like the end of the
strap where it is diagonal also ! Italian Navy would be proud!! 803574 Italian Navy would be proud!! 803574 Seems like this one
really has the quality, and looks to match up just right with
your new watch sir. Congratulations !!! ..I hope you keep
enjoying both this watch, and strap !

P.S. I hope those springbars work out for you when you get
them !

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 7:51 am

ericf4 wrote:
Forgot to tell you how hard it was swapping from my anonimo rubber to my anonimo kodiac. Was fing terrible. Now as much as I wanna go back to rubber once in a while I'm scared I won't be able to get the kodiac back on. Plus you have to have a screwdriver in each hand which is hard as shit for me for some reason. The new anonimos use a hex type head. Way better. Wish I had that.

kobold uses a tool about 3" long that screws into the screwbar (same diameter) on one end and is pointed at the other end, you put the pointed end thru the lug and strap and then it fits nicely in the second lug (tough one) pull it until the screwbar is tight unscrew the tool and then screw on the bolt! So simple and would work great on these anonimo's where the leather straps just are too big to fit the lug holes just right! Tried to use mine on the anonimo but kobolds screwbars are a hair bigger so it wouldnt screw into the bar or fit through the lugs! Great idea and i'm suprised someone hasnt built one, plus it keeps the little pieces of loose leather out of the screwbar so the screw will go right in without binding on leather in the threads!!!
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 8:37 am

Great combo Trev.... Italian Navy would be proud!! 803574

Italian Navy would be proud!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Looking good Trev! I like the rubber, but can't wait to see what you commission BJ to put together for you!
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:41 pm

excellent look Trevor!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Those ISOFrames are very cool! I'm not really into Rubber but I have tried several watches with these bands & I will admit they are pretty nice! It also looks pretty dang cool on your Awesome Timepiece!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Italian Navy would be proud!!   Italian Navy would be proud!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Italian Navy would be proud!!
Page 1 of 1