The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's with WUS page load times???

Go down 
+8
merichar
andrema
watchdaddy1
Chris S.
Anomaly
sixtysix
TAZMAN64
pacifichrono
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

What's with WUS page load times??? Empty
PostSubject: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:01 am

Any other WUS members out there? Is it just me or does your computer revert to dial-up mode whenever you surf through WUS? I asked a mod friend of mine over there but he said he didn't notice any lag in Germany.

I find it painful to visit there anymore - - and didn't they just "upgrade" their servers and software? Mission not accomplished!
What's with WUS page load times??? 576327

And while I'm complaining...did anyone else notice WUS has put an 800-pixel max width on images. These days 800 pixels are like thumbnails!
What's with WUS page load times??? 869119
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:13 am

The worst is trying to navigate that site on my phone. Even scrolling through the page is slow and choppy. It hurts me.
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:57 am

ever since they upgraded its been 10 times slower, i dont even check the sales section there like i once did. it drives me nuts to have to wait everytime i click on something.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:59 am

Agreed, I can't even surf it at work anymore, the slow computers and the sites lag make for a frustrating experience. At first everyone said it was faster...but now it sucks.

What's with WUS page load times??? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 am

TAZMAN64 wrote:
ever since they upgraded its been 10 times slower, i dont even check the sales section there like i once did. it drives me nuts to have to wait everytime i click on something.

Agreed, I HATE their new layout...

Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 am

Ditto, It Blows Now !!!! What's with WUS page load times??? 17297
Back to top Go down
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:49 am

Yeah I have the same issues as posted...... Mad .......BOOOO on WUS Sad It's no fun waiting on EVERY page or thread
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 am

Maybe it is due to all of the MODeration over there... What's with WUS page load times??? 779569

It seems like every other post is either deleted or edited. I find the moderation painful over there! That is why I am glad that XMT is sponsor free...good or bad, you can comment without worrying that you will get a slap on the had for something that makes a sponsor "uncomfortable".

Just don't say anything bad about Omega here...or this fanboy will delete it Very Happy

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm a member there but seldom post. Do frequent the sales forum and it is painfully slow. I am glad to know its not just my computer.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm not a member Tom, but I remember you guys mentioning the whole upgrading
thing a while back. ..Maybe there are still some bugs that are yet to be worked
out with everything !

Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Add me to the list annoyed.....but only when I use my MS XP operating system!
I had recently downloaded Linux Ubuntu within XP as a test...and Linux is fast loading WUS pages, and it keeps me logged in all the time.....FFox browser in XP is a dog too! Never used to be!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:52 pm

i'm a member over there.the site is still very slow,but it's faster then it was
Back to top Go down
chuckf1
Junior Associate
chuckf1

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm

sixtysix wrote:
Agreed, I can't even surf it at work anymore, the slow computers and the sites lag make for a frustrating experience. At first everyone said it was faster...but now it sucks.

I have the same experience at work, during lunch, of course, but at home, WUS is faster. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Sometimes I find it slow and sometimes it is OK. I always thought it was slow on my end but, it looks like we are all experiencing the same problem stemming from WUS' end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with WUS page load times???   What's with WUS page load times??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's with WUS page load times???
Page 1 of 1