The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<

Go down 
+3
sixtysix
Anomaly
pacifichrono
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Empty
PostSubject: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Just opened this one up: the Oris Big Crown Pointer Date in 40mm. Gonna get it sized later this morning. I was fortunate to pick this one up off WUS at a great price.

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< O3_800

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< O2_800

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< O1_800
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:12 pm

Cool watch!

Great pictures...

...didn't realize what a RETRO look it had!

Perfect for your collection!

Enjoy!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Very Nice Tom!!

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:48 pm

is this Oris # 2 or did it just arrive? Know you where looking at three watches and decided on an Oris but thought you already took delivery of it? Either way i like this one, great find Tom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:51 pm

oris is top notch.i have three of there dive watches & love them
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Very nice - you made the right choice.
BTW: Absolutely loving my 1st Oris.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Good looking watch Tom! I keep thinking this model is a GMT instead of the pointer date. Like the hand set on this one.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:06 pm

cali kid wrote:
is this Oris # 2 or did it just arrive? Know you where looking at three watches and decided on an Oris but thought you already took delivery of it? Either way i like this one, great find Tom.
Bought it but it just arrived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
watchdaddy1
Associate
watchdaddy1

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Im a sucker for coin edge bezels..congrats & the red rotor is a way cool touch
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh boy Tom ! Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< 46145 Is this SENSATIONAL here or what sir ?! Smile It's UNBELIEVABLE just how
GOOD this one is !!! ..Plus it's going to fit just perfectly into your collection sir. Would think
this watch is one that has the character to be considered a center piece for many Tom. It
has a vintage feel about it, but still manages to have a modern theme to it as well. Kind of
a modern day classic here if you ask me ! ..Just looking at the dial, brings about thoughts of
how classic vintage watches used to be years ago. I think what's especially nice about this
watch, is that it pays tribute to those vintage watches, but does it's own thing at the same
time. cheers The dial for instance, looks phenomenal with that railroad track ring in the center of
the dial. It again reminds you of an older watch, that you might have seen, but adds in some
updated styling. Same goes for the numbering on this watch Tom. I like the classic easy to read
numbers that make this dial that much more memorable. Even the ones on the outer part look
FANTASTIC, especially since they seem to be reversed as compared to the other numbers. Can't
believe how cool that pointer date hand looks by the way either. That's yet another aspect about
the watch that you can't help but notice, or enjoy !!! ..Then when you glance over at those
EXCEPTIONAL hands, you realize that this watch is not only reminiscent of older watches, but
gives you ALL of the design, and quality, that you expect in today's watches also. ..The shape
of the hour hands is REALLY GREAT imho as well ! Add everything to the classic deep black of the
dial, and this watch is off to a flawless start. That OUTSTANDING beginning continues with the
bezel on your Oris Tom ! Very Happy ..That kind of coin edge decoration is definitely one of the focal points
about this one. It catches the light so well, and while it's FANTASTIC to look at by itself, it also
seems as if it helps point you toward the beauty of the dial as well. So, on the one hand, you can't
help but look at the vintage styling of it, but on the other it genuinely shows off the dial even more.
What a NEAT combination sir ! Another thing to notice here, is how the crown looks Tom ! ..It's just
a perfect addition to the watch, AND just happens to follow along in the footsteps of the coin edge
bezel's look with it's own look there. VERY nice !!! Have to also mention that the case look, along with
size honestly holds the whole style of the watch together TOO. Between the shape, fit, and finish on
it, Oris thought of every detail. Having that movement inside the watch is yet another remarkable
touch by Oris. It once again brings that cool modern twist into the mix of this watch with the look of
the rotor, but also the beauty, and technology that it brings. Also love how the case-back envelops,
and showcases the movement by the way. Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< 803574 ..It's just THE BEST how Oris mixes craftsmanship,
quality, and GREAT looks together imho. I mean just look at the intricate styled bracelet that hold
this watch to the wrist. The links, the finish, and really the whole style is classic. Then again THIS
really could be considered a modern day classic sir ! ..Congrats on adding this to your collection !!!
I know you must be enjoying it !

Sensational watch, along with pictures !

PostSubject: Re: Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<   Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mailman just arrived...>>>ORIS<<<
Page 1 of 1