The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hamilton Broadway RR dial

Go down 
+6
sixtysix
smellody
Northwestguy
Anomaly
TAZMAN64
barnbuilder
10 posters
AuthorMessage
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

Hamilton Broadway RR dial Empty
PostSubject: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

I recently built a Hamilton white porcelain dial watch and quickly decided to build a railroad dial watch with the large numbers and hands. The case is 42mm with sapphire and ar coating, ordered the strap from Brian of BJ straps, excellent work he does, and the nos dial from Switzerland, it only took 5 weeks to get here.
I really like the look of this dial that I had to resize to fit the case, also the minute hand had to be reduced in length.

Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2773

Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2785

Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2787

Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2789

comparison of the dials..
Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2797

Hamilton Broadway RR dial DSCF2796
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:37 pm

OH MY GOD!!!! ron it is absolutly fantstic!! the dial is perfect, i love the big arabics along with the hands and sm. seconds, and a perfect hamiliton movement to run this awesome timepiece. brian makes one hell of a strap and it works great on this one. ron you are a master!!! thanks for sharing. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 pm

DUDE, you are so much more than a collector now!!!!

VERY COOL!

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:12 pm

Gorgeous movements Ron and the new RR is Fabulous. I have a feeling I'll be seeing it in person this weekend! Great Job!
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see this one.
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm

These are awesome!! I so want to build one of these!! Very Happy

Hamilton Broadway RR dial Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Great looking build Ron.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:02 am

Wowee Ron ! Shocked Very Happy ..Your latest creation is of the EPIC variety once again !!!! Congrats to
you on once again on having the talent to not only try to do this, but actually succeed in
having your creation turn out as you had hoped. Hamilton Broadway RR dial 46145 ..Have said this before I think, but
to find a watch we like, and then enjoy looking for it, is one thing. However, being able to
think about, and later build a watch is BEYOND impressive in my opinion sir. You genuinely have
shown us that there is so much to learn, and enjoy about this hobby beyond the usual. This is
something that must so fullfilling to do I would imagine. Now for us, the enjoyment comes from
having the chance to see what you have come up with. In this case, it seems as if you have
reached yet another high point in your creation here. Very Happy Not only are you thinking of a watch
style in your head, and then building it, but you are also resizing dials, AND hands to fit whatever
style you are putting together. I remember on the first watch there, when you had to cut the dial
as well. All the while being careful not to break, or crack the dial in any way. However, it sounds
like to size dials, as well as get that minute hand to fit in correctly is doubly hard. can only imagine
what doing all of that must be like. Realizing that you have to be perfect, and get things just
right before the piece can be complete. All of it sounds unbelievably difficult, but in the end very
rewarding I would bet. For us the rewarding part comes from getting to see these creations Ron. cheers
This "Railroad" style is simply astonishing if you ask me. I mean it reminds me of all of the classic
pictures I have seen before of this style, or the various watches we may have seen from our
fathers, and Grandfathers. The way in which those hands look, especially at the ends, is extraordinary.
That vintage look literally transports you, and us back in time. It's magnificent sir !!! Not to be outdone,
the numbers follow along in the same footsteps here. You can really see all of the timeless character
reflected right in those numbers. Add to that some NEAT looking circles on the dial, which add in even
more personality, and you have PERFECTION ! ..The one circle in the center is attractive by itself,
however the sub-dial adds to the look as well. Even the small hand within is TOO GOOD sir. Hamilton Broadway RR dial 803574
Now moving to the case here is INCREDIBLY FUN also. The shape is on target, as is the polishing on it.
What's so GREAT about the polishing, is that it seems to genuinely go with the overall look of the watch.
It shows off that NICE crown, but also helps your eyes gravitate from each aspect on this watch. From
the dial, to even the EPIC movement behind it all, this watch is an honestly a REAL masterpiece ! One of
the BEST things about this one Ron, is that BOTH the front, as well as back are equally as BEAUTIFUL imho.
Adding in these legendary movements REALLY makes these watches genuine, and EXCEPTIONAL. Hard to
imagine how these must be in person, with all of the special attention, and hard work put into them. For
us it's something to see, study, and of course enjoy. Just want to say how MUCH I appreciate you showing
these watches to us Ron. Very Happy Oh, and no watch would be complete without a STELLAR strap ! ..This one from
Brian really helps complete the look with it's black, and white reflecting the black, and white that is on the
dial perfectly. The color, and the stitching is couldn't be BETTER, and neither could the watch Ron !!!
Congratulations to you on making these masterpieces sir ! ..I hope you will enjoy this NEW classic, as
well as the it's older sibling there for a long long time !

Unbelievable creation, along with PICS !

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:54 am

OUTSTANDING! You never cease to amaze me with what you put together. Another beauty!
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Just Beautiful !!!!
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Just got back from meeting with ( as smellody's daughter puts it) some "watch dorks" and Ron brought this beauty with him and let me tell you that it is Beautiful! Ron has been doing amazing things with watches and this is just his latest.....He keep's on kicking it up 1 more notch each time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamilton Broadway RR dial   Hamilton Broadway RR dial Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hamilton Broadway RR dial
Page 1 of 1