The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review

Go down 
+2
TAZMAN64
jaw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Empty
PostSubject: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:47 am

Hey there,

A DWC member PM'd me on my WRUW post today asking for opinions on the new Deep Blue T100s - remiss in posting a review I figured I would post my reply to him here - almost verbatim.

I was in high anticipation of the Pro version that I saw as a prototype at Deep Blue last summer. By the time they were finally available a couple things changed - the movement and a final look at the Ops version (WRUW 2/3).

The movement ended up being a Miyota 8215 for both, well established and dependable, yes - but no hack. This disappointed me at $477 because I was hoping for at least a ETA 2824 or the new Miyota 9015. The Ops version (also $477) was quite different from the Pro I had my heart set on and had me curious - so I ordered both to decide in person and ultimately kept both. But, if I had to choose one it would be the more sophisticated Pro.

In the end I prefer the Pro for the subtle dial detail extras (gray sunray chapter ring and black framed hour tubes) and feel it to be worth the price over the Ops with the simpler dial. I like the Ops for different reasons - Chunkier tool with a blend of JSAR, UTS, and Kobold DNA. I did however, mod the Pro bracelet. The Ops 5-link just happens to fit the different Pro case and looks better on the Pro IMO. The Ops looks better on heavy leather - again JMO. Don't think the Pro 3-Link (Oyster style) will fit the Ops. Neither has a diver's extension. Both have bubble backs, shallow domed sapphire crystals, screw down crowns, 48mm (the Pro wearing larger), solid DB fit/finish, and bright crisp T100 tubes.

Still glad I have both because they are so different but think the Ops should have been a bit less in price than the Pro. The wrist shot shows the Pro on the Ops 5-Link bracelet. Stan might sell you one like this if you ask.

There was a bit of a flap over the movement and price at Watchgeeks. Possibly due to Deep Blue establishing higher expectations with his Master 2k series (great watches) and WG hunger for big garish beasts. Stan is a good guy and I know he tried for the 9015 but alas, it was not to be. Only the 8215 was available in time for this release.

Thanks for watching
--
jaw

Pro on original oyster style bracelet.
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightPro_jaw_03-vi
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightPro_jaw_04-vi
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightPro_jaw_05-vi

EDIT: Updated Pic
Ops on original 5-Link bracelet
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightOpsPro_jaw_05-vi

Pro on 5-Link Ops bracelet
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightPro_jaw_06-vi

Ops on leather
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightOpsPro_jaw_04-vi
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightOpsPro_jaw_01-vi
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightOpsPro_jaw_02-vi
New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review DeepBlue_DaynightOpsPro_jaw_03-vi

Last edited by jaw on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 am

whats up jaw!!! hey i love the pro, the dial, bezel, everything about it. except the movement Mad when i first saw yours in the wurw section i thought what a bad ass watch. ive never thought much about deep blue watches untill i saw this one, so i go to there web site only to find out they have the miyota movement. i know they are a rock solid movement but for the money i want a eta. i guess i turned in to a bit of a snob when it comes to movements, but like i said i still think its one bad ass looking watch and great review by the way. steve
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:39 am

Best looking Deep Blue I have seen to date...

Very nice pics...

Good review...

ENJOY!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

These TWO Deep Blues are simply ASTOUNDING Jaw !!!! Very Happy Very Happy Your review was so great that it
feels like we actually have the watches ourselves. cheers Amazing overview of everything here sir ! Thank
you !!! ..I actually can't pick a favorite to be honest with the both of these. Like you said the Pro
does have some FANTASC dial details though. The way that gray chapter ring catches light is just
beautiful. It kind of mirrors the look, as well as brushing on the case, and bezel. While also giving
the watch an entirely unique feel, and look in my opinion. It's like you are getting a watch case
within another watch case. It's VERY impreesive, and more than a little eye-catching if you ask
me. New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review 46145 Can't say enough about how neat the tubes are on these, as well as how they fit
into that cool framing you mentioned also. They somehow manage to stand out, and be very very
different on a watch. While also blending right into the look of a watch. Especially these two. Smile
Many times we are used to seeing normal lume on watches, but these Deep Blues are bringing a
combination of classic, and futuristic themes to the table, so the Tritium fits in EXTREMELY well, and
couldn't look BETTER ! Want to also add that the way the middle of the dial gets darker, and contrasts
with the chapter ring, and case adds an intriguing deep feel to the dial as well. I like that ALOT ! Also
enjoying how that outer chapter ring with the orange accents seems to bow outward giving a cool
outward bending angle to the dial. It also leads you right to the SPECTACULAR bezel here. That brushing,
the etched numbers, along with the especially NICE bezels edge is exceptional. It's SO good that you
would almost thing the HUGE HANDS with their AWESOME Tritium tubes were almost pointing the bezel
out to you, to show you how nice it was. Smile Same can probably said for the case with it's stellar brushing
on it, as well as the TOUGH looking lugs, and bracelet. Yowza Jaw ! This one is REALLY something !!!
Have to just add that the case-back is EPIC with it's neat emblem, cool holes, and brushing. Even the
crown is excellent with it's knurling, while that BRACELET from the Ops tries it's best to steal the show
with IT'S own EPIC theme, and design. Wowee Jaw !!! What a BEAUTY ! ..What's just as impressive is
that the Ops stands toe to toe with the Pro. Bringing a super TOUGH look, as well as feel into the mix.
You get a similar dial with the Tritium tubes. However it DEFINITELY has it's own thing going TOO. New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review 803574
There is more of a straight forward, no nonsense time telling machine feel to this one. The black dial,
along with nice markers makes this VERY enjoyable to stare at. The hand style is a little different as
well, but compliments the style of the Ops REALLY well sir. ..Even the bezel astounds you with it's
own uniquely cool theme. Just love the raised up marking, and number style on this one. Very Happy It's a look
that is very very classy, but at the same time still manages to be very intense, and aggressive as well.
Always enjoy when watches can combine so many different elements together, and do it in such an
cool way as this. Like you mentioned earlier there is that AWESOME chunky feel similar to Kobold, UTS,
and Marathon JSARS. At the same time it is it's own watch, and THAT is pretty TERRIFIC imho. From
the way it fits on your wrist, to the way the case-back looks, THIS watch, or THESE watches ASTOUND !
..Excellent job interchanging bracelets, along with straps as well sir ! Both that strap, as well as the
bracelets look GREAT ! Congratulations on picking these two up Jaw ! I hope you enjoy them for a long
long time !!!

Astounding watches, pics, and REVIEW !

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Those are 2 sweet Deep Blues Jeffery. I bought the Bluewater/Blue MOP and end up returning it, there just was nothing unique about it to me. I took the money and bought a NFW Viperfish which I will post here very soon, taking pictures tomorrow.

Enjoy your new Bad Boys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:15 am

Great Review, I was thinking about getting the Pro ops in Silver and Black, and after seeing this, I am ordering the normal one too. Is it too m,uch to get these two and the Pro Ops in Black, I feel like whoa, (3) Deep Blues? What kind of Black Strap is that?
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:37 am

Thanks

Too much to buy 3, really? You're asking the wrong guy Very Happy Do what you think you need to.

The strap is from http://bjstrap.com/
He is also a member here. - bjstrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 am

Ha! I just can't decide if I want the black also, by what I have read once the pvd gets scratched, that's it, where it is less noticeable and easier to buff on the steel versions. Thx for getting back quickly. Is the Ops Pro much higher or is it just the pics that make it seem that way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 am

Nice Straps he has there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:06 am

BTW, I would have never even thought of the strap changes you did and you made the watches seem so different, great mind there!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 am

Both watches offer a lot to like Jeffrey. No nonsense dive watches, Stan seems to be on a roll lately. I prefer the hands on the daynight and the bezel on the pro ops, but would be happy to own either.
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:03 am

great review Jeffrey! Deep Blue has really stepped it up in the past several months with there collection
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Carbonlord wrote:
Ha! I just can't decide if I want the black also, by what I have read once the pvd gets scratched, that's it, where it is less noticeable and easier to buff on the steel versions. Thx for getting back quickly. Is the Ops Pro much higher or is it just the pics that make it seem that way?

On PVD scratches - I read a report on WG where owner decided to cut his losses and use a strap.
Check it out here. BTW the Deep Blue Forum is open to the public
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 am

I almost banged on both of these, but shopnbc sold out of the Pro, so I got the regular ops in silver and the pro in the pvd along with the Vostok Ekranoplan Caspian in the black!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:55 am

PS, they sold out of the silver 15 minutes before the show
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:01 pm

Carbonlord wrote:
PS, they sold out of the silver 15 minutes before the show

Probably due to $80 price drop on the Pro.
Just enough to quell the movement and plain design complaints.
Already got my price adjustment Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review   New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Deep Blue T100s - Mini Review
Page 1 of 1