The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

megalodon series one has arrived

Go down 
+3
Anomaly
strutn45
mattnatti
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mattnatti
Junior Associate
mattnatti

megalodon series one has arrived Empty
PostSubject: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:55 pm

i just picked this one up to accompany my pvd series 2,ss series 2,sea devil and moray series 1
megalodon series one has arrived 002-2
megalodon series one has arrived 005-2
megalodon series one has arrived 004-2
megalodon series one has arrived 012-3

i am hooked on the BENARUS
thanks for looking
Back to top Go down
strutn45
Senior Associate
strutn45

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:29 am

Killer Matt, that one looks bad ass and built like a tank!
Love that PVD version bud! megalodon series one has arrived 74725
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:47 am

I like the dial and hands on that one...ENJOY!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:36 am

I like the hands too! That looks so good in PVD....

megalodon series one has arrived Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:19 pm

These Series One Benarus Megaladons are MEGA COOL Mattnatti ! Cool Cool Seriously, you know
you have something extraordinary beginning when the box alone, starts off like this. megalodon series one has arrived 803574 Between
the size of the box, as well as that unbelievable skin/texturing Benarus put on it, you have to be
impressed. This is just something you are not going to see every day, if at all anywhere else. It's
uniquely cool in my opinion, and it kind of lets you know that this watch must also be something
different, and something new as well. Just staring at the case-back for instance shows you that
this is true. Again, we aren't going to be seeing this design to often ! Smile The way those Megaladon
jaws look is just SCARY GOOD. All of the detail in the etching really helps bring the personality of
the watch out, and if this is the case-back. Then you know the rest of the watch is going to be
REALLY outstanding ! ..Want to also mention that the PVD on the case-back helps make the
design look even meaner. Actually it makes the entire watch look MEAN to be honest with you. megalodon series one has arrived 933578
Plus the quality of it seems to be top notch as well. Whats really nice about it, is that it seems
have this muted, almost beadblasted theme happening. It's not too shiny, or dull, it's just right.
As a result you can appreciate all of the angles, along with various nooks, and crannies throughout
the watch case, and bracelet. Smile It genuinely is cool to see how much effort Benarus decided to
put into each part of this watch. However, the dial might just be THE BEST part. Can't imagine
a dial, with it's markers looking SO different, or TOUGH as this Megaladon Mattnatti ! Just as
with the case-back, the theme with the dial seems to be ..SCARY GOOD also. This is the kind
of new, or different twist, or theme that we often look for. So many times things can begin to
look similar out there in the watch world. This marker design IS different though, and it also
looks GREAT. It's not just different, it's ingenious. On the one hand you have the look of the
Megaladon teeth, but on the other you also have a nice, sleek marker shape. ..What's neat
about them, is that they have an extrememly bold look to them, but also manage to fill the
role of cool marker VERY well. ..The way each one of them fits into place is excellent. There
even seems to be an EXTRA large one at the 12'oclock position which looks especially angry.
Even the hands keep that "something different" theme going with the watch. Those shapes
are again different then what we are used to seeing, and the contrast of the colors works
perfectly with the MEAN look of the watch. It's REALLY something imho. ..Still this watch
keeps things going with the bezel. The bold, aggressive feel continues all the way around
with even more angry looking teeth around the edge, while continuing a terrific dive watch
look with all of it's numbers, and markings also. It's that blending of traditional dive themes,
together with the NEW, and different themes, that makes the Megaladon so good. Or in this
particular case SCARY GOOD ! ..Want to congratulatae you on picking up such a TERRIFIC
watch here Mattnatti. I hope you enjoy it !!! Smile

Scary good watch, AND photos !

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Definitely bad-ass, those shark teeth markers are cool. Hows the lume? Crazy packaging too!
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:46 pm

great watch!!! i had the first meg in bead blasted finish. awesome watch with some kick ass lume. congrats and enjoy steve
Back to top Go down
mattnatti
Junior Associate
mattnatti

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:02 pm

cski wrote:
Definitely bad-ass, those shark teeth markers are cool. Hows the lume? Crazy packaging too!

this is my crap lume shot. it was charged for about 10 minutes outside on a fairly gloomy day.
megalodon series one has arrived 017-1
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 pm

sixtysix wrote:
I like the hands too! That looks so good in PVD....

I agree! The PVD is perfect for this watch. The red accent color of the minute and second hands as well as the depth rating against the black is a great look.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:08 pm

That lume shot is SPECTACULAR Mattnatti ! Very Happy Seems like both the dial, AND
bezel are done extremely well here. Can't imagine that being ANY brighter.
..Wow ! cyclops

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 am

Love that watch. I have always wanted one, I'm just afraid of how high its going to sit on the wrist. Now with the 3 's on pre-order its time decide. Congrats on grabbing the Series 1, its awesome.
Back to top Go down
mattnatti
Junior Associate
mattnatti

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 6:33 pm

nhwoods wrote:
Love that watch. I have always wanted one, I'm just afraid of how high its going to sit on the wrist. Now with the 3 's on pre-order its time decide. Congrats on grabbing the Series 1, its awesome.

greg, you must try and get a meg 3...they are fantastic watches and on a bracelet are very comfortable for there size.

you wont regret.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: megalodon series one has arrived   megalodon series one has arrived Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

megalodon series one has arrived
Page 1 of 1