The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benarus Megalodon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Did anybody here pre-order one of these new watches from Benarus? Sounds like a beast. 2500m water resistance. 49mm case size. Swiss automatic. Sounds really great. Wish I would have been able to pre-order one of these back in the summer. Would love to see some pics if someone got one.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Yea, I saw those pics. I want to see the finished product. Thanks for sharing. And you are right, the pre-order price was a steal.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:35 pm

I think that is true Ditchdoc. You can't get anymore intimidating than MEGALODON. That street gang was giving me trouble, then they saw my Megalodon.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:53 pm

The pre-order was 550. The orders after that were 800. I would have loved it at 550.
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 pm

I agree too. A lot of dive watches look a like. I don't know that much about Benarus either, but I like their designs. Looks like a good watch brand. I am still surprised at how many different watch brands there are out there.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Benarus always seems to be making great looking dive watches ! The Megaladon is no exception,
as it's big and bold look is only matched by that intimidating name !! affraid The limited run of 100
is also cool for collectors !
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:44 pm

wow that watch is sick...I did not know about it...The name fits the watch big time...
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Yea, I wish I had known about it sooner. And been in a different place this summer.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 pm

I had a chance to get in on the early preorder but did'nt do it. One thing about that watch is that there were so many choices and options that were very vague in the beginning. I don't belong to 3T, so I did'nt really keep up to date on it. By the time I was ready to put some money down they had raised the price again. In talking to Steve, the North American rep, there had been several nice upgrades which drove the price up. The Megalodon is nice but it looks pretty Seiko-ish to me, thats not bad, but not as unique as their earlier models. Ralf has said they are going to custom cases instead of off the shelf, so I'm looking forward to seeing their future designs. I hope they keep their prices reasonable so I can add more Benarus's to my collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Benarus Megalodon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benarus Megalodon   Benarus Megalodon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benarus Megalodon
Page 1 of 1