The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1

Go down 
+3
andrema
TAZMAN64
rasbrito
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rasbrito
Associate
rasbrito

Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Empty
PostSubject: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

After much research, disappointments and failed attempts, finally managed to arrange a way to buy this model from Seiko. It was hard but thanks to a friend who lives in Europe, here is my new watch.
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5629248530_677fe10300_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5627784139_4ba1ac11d8_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5627784471_0835891927_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5623804895_0c1de4168a_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5623805375_0bb714b1d6_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624393868_3d7fa6b672_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624394040_53f868da95_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624394008_5b3121fb7a_z

Side by side with my Black Monster
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624394216_3d06a03ac7_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624394376_dd26bf6052_z
Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 5624394234_69b418fb22_z

I hope you all enjoy. Greetings from Rio de Janeiro

Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Very nice seiko, i dont think ive ever seen this model. it looks like it was worth the trouble you went through to get it. congrats and enjoy. steve
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:25 pm

I like it!

BTW - Does the internal bezel rotate? If so, is it done through the main crown?

Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

andrema wrote:
I like it!

BTW - Does the internal bezel rotate? If so, is it done through the main crown?

No. .. does not turn ... is fixed. I intend to swap the leather strap on a rubber strap brand of Modena ... then show how it looks.
Steve, all the work really paid off. As I said before, it's not easy being a fan of watches in Brazil. The prices here are absurd, which forces us to make real military operations to buy watches at fair prices.
Greetings...
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Good for you rasbrito! Sounds like "Where there is a Will, there is a Way! Glad you persisted and finally got what you wanted.
Back to top Go down
rasbrito
Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Northwestguy wrote:
Good for you rasbrito! Sounds like "Where there is a Will, there is a Way! Glad you persisted and finally got what you wanted.

Story of my life. Persist and fight is what I do best ... Leukemia Survivor ... on April 25 celebrating eight years of successful bone marrow transplant. Life is good!
cheers lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Wow very nice!!

Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Man oh man, what a NICE looking Seiko Rasbrito ! Very Happy ..Your pictures of it are simply
gorgeous as well. What a STUNNING country, and landscape to go along with your new
watch. Congratulations on being able to finally pick this one up ! It's really something
how Siko never ceases to amaze. They just always seem to have another fantastic
design up their sleeves, and time after time you see new watches from them that you
have never seen before. It's incredible !!! Smile This model here is one I haven't seen
either. What's so nice about it is that it genuinely seems to blend everything that
makes watches great, together in one awesome package. You get an outstanding
case that almost looks vintage in shape, but still changes gears enough to have it's
own modern identity. Same goes for the bezel, along with astonishingly attractive
dial which seems to bring in both dive watch, and aviation watch elements. Holy cow !
Even the strap on your new Seiko goes above, and beyond the ordinary. It really
becomes extraordianry with the workmanship, style, and stitching. What a watch
sir. Now getting back to the case for a minute, it's really something to see how Seiko
put this case style together. It kind of has a lug style that reminds you of great vintage
watches of the past. However, then you discover that it only uses that as a base
for a real modern twist with the various edges that are in the case. All of the brushing,
and polishing really looks to be exceptional too, and you can really enjoy just how
well done this watch case is. It has a extremely classy look, but then still gives you all
of the sporty attitude you could hope for. Just looking at the bezel for instance, you
find that the knurling on the sides, along with brushed top gives the watch a clean,
almost super cool industrial feel. It's both elegant, and raw at the very same time.
Fantastic ! Can't believe how the dial is done on this one either Rasbrito ! Once
again it has the aviation, and diver feel happening imho. Thinking the terrific chapter
ring might have the aviation side covered with it's wide width, and eye-catching
markings, along with numbers. Always enjoy the way these chapter rings give the
dial some added extra depth as well. Staying with dial, this seems to be where more
of the aviation style comes into play I think. You have those cool instrument panel like
hands that show up so well, and just look great ! Then you have all of the very large
numbers, mixed with some very noticeable, as well as sporty markers. The combination
couldn't be nicer. It's everything a vintage watch used to be, along with everything,
and MORE a modern watch should be. Mainly a terrific looking, well made, quality
watch from beginning to end. The strap with all of it's unbelievable looks, and quality,
along with the case-back, and movement with all of their superior workmanship
are the final two pieces to this STUNNING Seiko ! Congratulations on this sir, and
keepon enjoying it ! Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 803574

Stunning watch, along with pictures of everything !

Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:08 pm

AtomicTom,
Thanks for the words ... I'm really addicted to this Watch. But I have my eye on the next purchase ... no way, this hobby is really fantastic!
Greetings...
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:38 pm

GREAT looking watch man...ENJOY!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 pm

rasbrito wrote:
AtomicTom,
Thanks for the words ... I'm really addicted to this Watch. But I have my eye on the next purchase ... no way, this hobby is really fantastic!
Greetings...

You are very welcome Rasbrito ! That is definitely a watch to be addicted to !!! Keep enjoying this
Seiko, as well as the hobby sir. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1   Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing my new watch: Seiko "BFS" SKNF11K1
Page 1 of 1