The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a sometime choppy auto??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
loosecannon
Associate

a sometime choppy auto?? Empty
PostSubject: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:11 pm

i have a eta 2824 that is smooth most of the time but sometimes it becomes choppy like it skips a beat but keeps perfect time?? is there a problem??
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:16 pm

It sounds like the movement needs to be cleaned and oiled. Is it a new or used watch?

Associate

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:28 pm

andrema wrote:
It sounds like the movement needs to be cleaned and oiled. Is it a new or used watch?
used,but like i said perfect time..
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:17 pm

I have read about watches keeping good time and having an issue with the second hand "skipping". The answer seems to always end with needing a cleaning or a relpacement part due related to the second hand only.

Just a guess. It wouldn't hurt to call your watchmaker to get an opinion of what he/she thinks may be the issue.

Associate

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:24 pm

andrema wrote:
I have read about watches keeping good time and having an issue with the second hand "skipping". The answer seems to always end with needing a cleaning or a relpacement part due related to the second hand only.

Just a guess. It wouldn't hurt to call your watchmaker to get an opinion of what he/she thinks may be the issue.
I DID THAT HE NEVER HEARD OF IT AND SAID IF IT'S KEEPING GOOD TIME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT..
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:51 pm

I know that the Chinese ST16 sometimes has a seconds hand stutter but the consensus is that one should just leave it alone....not sure about the ETA movement though....
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:53 pm

None of my 2824 movements have ever skipped. Other than getting a service...I got nothing!

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm

I've seen it with some Miyotas as well....keeps good time but has that weird skippy thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a sometime choppy auto??   a sometime choppy auto?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a sometime choppy auto??
Page 1 of 1