The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Breitling

Go down 
+4
smellody
AtomicTom
TAZMAN64
jaw
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Hey there,

This one was a long time coming. I was first smitten by this at Costco (no less) at $4k. Should have bought it then but didn't. I did however, visit it often over the course of a year or so. One day - after never seeing it for less, I decided to go for it - and it was gone.

Surprisingly it showed up on ShopNBC at first for a little over $2k (too good to be true). Sure enough they corrected it to $5300 as NOS. Still didn't bite.

One day on WatchRecon 3/4 of my grails were all available for sale. Decided to go with the one that struck me the most - preloved from a dealer in Virginia (author on WUS) for well under $4k. Haven't had it authenticated yet, but everything feels good so far from my own recon. No Pro/Con impressions on this right now as I remain comfortably numb.

Thanks for watching
--
jaw

1st Breitling G_Montbrilliant_Legende_jaw_01-vi

1st Breitling Ng_Montbrillant_Legende_jaw_02-vi

1st Breitling Ng_Montbrillant_Legende_jaw_03-vi

1st Breitling Ng_Montbrillant_Legende_jaw_04-vi

Specs (Courtesy Jomashop)
Model number A2334024-G631-445A
Series Montbrilliant Legende
Watch Style Luxury Dress
Movement Automatic
Engine Breitling 23
Functions Hours/ Minutes/ Seconds/ Date/ Chronograph/ Distance Converter/ Tachometer
Case Material Stainless Steel
Case Shape Round
Case Diameter 47 mm
Case Thickness 15 mm
Bezel Bidirectional Rotating
Dial Color Silver
Dial Type Analog
Dial Markers Luminous Stick
SubDials White
Hands Luminous
Luminiscents Hands and Dial Markers
Bracelet Stainless Steel
Band Length 8.5 inches
Band Width 20-22mm
Clasp Deployment
Bezel Material Stainless Steel
Calendar Date display at 6 o'clock position
Water Resistant 30 meters / 100 feet
Crystal Sapphire
Power 25 Jewels

Last edited by jaw on Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected WR specs)
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Awesome Breitling Jaw!! The montbrilliant Legende is a great looking timepiece. I realy enjoy my breitlings although they are starting to get out of reach price wise. Looks like you got a good deal and if you want to make sure its real post pics of it at Breitling source and the guy's there will help you out right away. they have a special section just for that. Congrats and enjoy Steve
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Yowza Jeffrey !!! Very Happy cyclops Very Happy Is this Breitling BEAUTIFUL or what sir ?! Smile Hearing your story
about the history you had looking for this one was also very very cool. Isn't it funny how
sometimes things end up working out like this. Genuinely seems like you were meant to
find this Breitling, as well as find it at an OUTSTANDING price. In a way, it's that long search
that probably helped you to appreciate this watch even more, and to tell the truth, there
looks to be a great deal to appreciate about this one. Honestly think this one will be all
about the pros from what you are showing us here ! Congratulations on having your
very first Breitling. From what I have seen, and heard, this probably won't be your last ! 1st Breitling 803574
The way Breitling seems to have the ability to make so many stunning watches, and
collections is hard to believe. You can literally find yourself becoming immersed within
the different collections, as well as single watches like this one. What helps with that,
is that the watch is BREATHTAKING to begin with. However, knowing that you have such
a great history, along with quality, and craftsmanship behind the watch makes it even
easier to immerse yourself. Really is easy to understand why you searched so long for
this one. One of the first things you can't help but be enamered with would HAVE to be
the look of this dial if you ask me Jeffrey. There is just this unending, infinite feel that
looks to be happening with it. It's almost like a cool, vast adventure for the wrist ! Smile
No matter where your eyes lead you, you are bound to find something new, something
breathtaking. Whether it's the fantastic looking chapter ring with it's color, size, and
subtle way it curves onto the dial. Or the vibrant, large dial that seems to go on forever.
You just have to say...WOW ! Beyond that you have all of these neat markings, as
well as numbering that really gives the watch a professional feel. Plus a unique, and
beautiful marker style that seems like it actually reflects the look that the hands have.
It's once again pretty BREATHTAKING sir. ..Even the unmistakable teeth of the bezel
bring yet another exceptional element to the watch as they wrap around the case,
but also enhance, or set off the look of the bracelet links. You have that sharp, almost
triangular look of the teeth, but the way in which they grab the light, REALLY looks
fantastic. The same once again goes for the bracelet, as it's combination of intricate
link patterns, and just all around terrific quality brings it all together. ..Later when you
have enjoyed the larger details, it's the smaller details of the watch like the perfectly
designed crown, and pushers, along with elegantly done markings of the case-back,
and clasp that draw you in. It's a watch that in every way truly IS breathtaking !!!
Congrats once again on tracking down this grail Jeffrey. It's one to ..Enjoy ! cheers

Breathtaking watch, breathtaking pictures !

Consigliere
smellody

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Sweet watch Jaw! Can't wait to see.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks Guys.

@Taz: Blessed as 100% authentic at BreitlingSource - Thanks. Will still let the local AD have a look.

@Tom: Yes IMO the wait increases chances of appreciation long-term. You're right it will not be my last if I can help it.

You nailed it as usual Tom - It was all about the dial on this one. Color complementary harmony of silver markers juxtaposed with rose hands inset with green (patina-like) lume, surrounded by a charcoal chapter ring that usually looks blue due to the AR. All overlaid with extremely fine markings that are overprinted where the chapter rings intersect (favorite Strela 2-Eye feature). Detail upon finer detail. The white is actually like fine speckle car paint and the subdials are etched/embossed with concentric rings that are barely visible. As such I've got to update this with some macro dial shots - cell phone just didn't cut it.

Thanks again all - Lovin it up.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Super hot Jeffery! It is a beauty!!

Senior Consigliere

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 am

Wow, your further review, along with insight into this Breitling almost makes it feel like
we are seeing the watch in person ! cyclops 1st Breitling 46145 Thank YOU ! ..By the way, these pictures
are already TERRIFIC imho. ..Keep enjoying ! Smile

Senior Associate
pacifichrono

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 2:25 am

Wow!
That is just AWESOME! I love it. A big congrats. 1st Breitling 933578
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:52 am

Very cool!! Photos are smokin!

1st Breitling Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 pm

Welcome to Club Breitling Jaw...

...great watch!

1st Breitling Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Breitling   1st Breitling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Breitling
Page 1 of 1