The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2

Go down 
+2
barnbuilder
Mr Rick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Rick
Senior Associate

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Empty
PostSubject: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:14 pm

About a week ago I was alerted that there was a NIB C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 for sale on eBay. It had a reasonable "buy it now" price, and was one of the prized 'old logo' versions. How could I refuse.

It arrived today and is exactly as described. New in the box, just as it left the CW HQ. I think it looks especially good on the tan leather strap. But unfortunately, with the CW clasp, the strap is just a bit too large for my wrist. So, I removed the clasp and replaced it with a Crown & Buckle black PVD buckle I had on hand. Now it fits perfectly on my 184 mm wrist using the last hole provided on the strap.

This is my second C8, as I already have a C8 Pilot MK II with a beige dial. And as it is 44mm in diameter and only 9.7mm high I think it is just about the perfect fit for me.

Info from the CW website:

Features
> Swiss made
> 26 Jewel automatic movement
> Incabloc anti-shock system
> 38 Hour power reserve
> Old Radium Super-luminova hands and indices
> Screw down back plate
> Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
> Soft iron anti-magnetic inner case and dial
> Balance wheel viewing window
> Tunnel stitch and calf's leather strap
> Butterfly opening deployment system
Technical
> Diameter: 44mm
> Height: 9.7mm
> Weight: 114g
> Calibre: Sellita SW200-1
> Strap: 22mm Leather
> Vibrations: 28800 per hour

A few pictures.

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06874-1

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06876-1

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06887-1-1

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06890-1

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06901-1

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 DSC06907-1
Back to top Go down
barnbuilder
Senior Associate
barnbuilder

My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

the tan strap does look good with the vintage dial.
I like the wider hands they put on the MKII,

I need to get one of these CW pilot watches someday

enjoy wearing it, great watch
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Rick, you and Christopher have done it again ! cheers What A FIND ! This C8 is just
SPECTACULAR. Whether it is the traditional looking case, and crown, or the
beautiful dial with it's deep black color meeting up with those cool tan markers,
numbers, and hands. This CW does it all ! Even your added buckle adds a nice
final touch to the beautiful strap imho. Conratulations on adding another great
looking CW to your collection sir. ..There really seems to be a balance with all
Christopher Ward watches, and this one is no exception. Think it's the tributes
to older classic watches, mixed with new modern additions that help to make
the watches so nice. For example, with the cases, and also crowns, and how
you have that legendary pilot's design which is then combined with that great
looking bead-blasted finish. It's TERRIFIC ! Smile Even the dial gives you that nice
traditional black dial, but then changes things up with the look of the markers,
but also the tan color of those same markings, numbers, and hands. It's again
very modern looking, yet still very traditional at the same time. ..Plus it just
all looks AMAZING too ! cyclops At times the dial almost seems to be leaping out at
you due to the bead-blasted finish of the case combining with that black dial,
and beautiful tan accents. Can't say enough about the look, and quality of the
strap on this watch either. It too is spectacular, and once again, your buckle
adds even more character imho. As does that movement, old Radium hands
hands, and indices. Wow ! SPECTACULAR watch! Congrats, and keep enjoying!

Spectacular watch, and pictures here !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:03 am

soooo nice! I like everything about it.
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:11 am

One of my favorites. Wish my MKI had your larger hands. Enjoy. The black PVD version is haunting me as well.
Back to top Go down
pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 3:08 am

I particularly love the finish and the crown. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2   My Newest............Christopher Ward  C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Newest............Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION C8-SVKT-MK2
Page 1 of 1