The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8 years since 911 WTC!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

8 years since 911 WTC!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8 years since 911 WTC!!!   8 years since 911 WTC!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Such a sad day Duff....I know that day all too well...Witnessed it first hand and lost a couple of friends in the building. My wife works right near ground zero and had to run for her life that day and witnessed horrible things that to this day she suffers from anxiety and phobia's because of that horrible day. I watched the planes hit and watched the buildings fall in person and that is a memory that will be forever burned in my memory. After the buidlings fell i remember a piece of paper floating in the air and landed next to my foot. I picked it up and it was half burned and had the header had the name of one of the victims who perished that day....This day really sets me back and makes me very emotional. I am a strong man mentally and that day I broke down and became a child. I really hate when this time of the year comes it really shuts my household down. I was on the phone with my wife when this was happening and then the phone went dead and did not hear back from her until later on. Thank god her cousin picked up up and through her on his shoulder and ran with her all the way to the S.I Ferry. Thank god she got on the last ferry out of the city and got home safe....I just want to say God bless America and God bless our troops fighting for us and risking their lives to keep this country safe....
Peace to all
Jack
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: 8 years since 911 WTC!!!   8 years since 911 WTC!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks Duffster....I dont wish that on anyone. I just thank god she was ok and cant imagine anything happening to her. I just feel so bad for the people who did not make it.
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: 8 years since 911 WTC!!!   8 years since 911 WTC!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

So sorry to hear that Duff.....Just an all around sad month. Keep your chin up brutha...
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: 8 years since 911 WTC!!!   8 years since 911 WTC!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:30 pm

This time of year is always very sad and strange. Not that you forget for the rest of the year, but the time leading up to September 11th and days after becomes more somber. It was a tragic day that we all remember. I am sorry for all the people that were part of the tragedy, and all those who lost friends and family. Too many good people had their lives destroyed or scarred by the events. To Jack and Duff sorry for all of your loss, and personal tragedy...these may be words, but they are honest ! Hopefully time can heal some of the pain, but the memories of those lost and the heroes of that day will remain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8 years since 911 WTC!!!   8 years since 911 WTC!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8 years since 911 WTC!!!
Page 1 of 1