The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The big day has arrived...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

The big day has arrived... Empty
PostSubject: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 am

I don't normally post stuff like this, but since I'm in a particularly good mood today, I figured what the hell.

Today at 4 is my last interview for a job I've known about since March. I've been with this place since 2002. During that time, I've busted my ass working for less than the market value for my services in hopes of something better down the road. Now the time has come to see if they really like me or just like the work I do.

I'm younger than most that would be going for this job, Regional Director for IT. However, my track record of consistency, accuracy, commitment, and leadership is well known.

I'm good to go either way.
If I don't get the job, I can sit back and chill for a while (yeah right, it's not me to chill) until the wife and I move to some place different.
If I do get the job, it means more travel and stress (not more than what I've had lately just more than my job normally has) but also a 35-45% raise.

More watches?? Doubtful. The wife has laid down the guilt trip. PLUS the economy has us in the mind set of saving and diversifying our investments. Gold or real estate probably.

ANYWAY!!!! Just thought you guys would be interested to know what's going on.

What watch am I wearing?? Check out the daily thread.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:40 am

Ditchdoc wrote:
Awesome! Although 4pm seems like a horrible time for an interview. I'd be a wreck by then. I like those 9am interviews so I can worry about my performance the rest of the day. LOL!!! Good luck with the interview today and we'll be thinking about you..
The initial interview was at 9:30. I was the 1st person they interviewed for the job. For this one, I'm the last.
I've always heard it's best to be either first or last. In this case, I get to be both.

As far as being a wreck is concerned... No stress from me. Just the confidence to go in and be who I am everyday. I'm in meetings with these people regularly, so it's not really that different.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:44 am

Best wishes. I am sure you will get it. I see GOLD watches in your future!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Good luck man!!

Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:00 pm

Of course you realize by posting this thread, I've jinx it. Expect a note saying I did not get the job. CRAP!! By saying THAT I jinxed it again.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Good luck today.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Wouldn't you know it. I was on a conference call and they called me in early. LOL Made them wait 15 minutes. Hey, when you're working, you're working. That outta count for something right?

Rough crowd, but I took it like a man. Should know by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 7:36 pm

All the best to you Poli !!! This can all be very stressful..so take everything
in stride..and no matter what happens..you will be fine ! Smile Good Luck once
again !
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:19 am

No official word yet, but the feeling is that they've offered the job to someone else.

Mad

So now it's time to take some vacation and relax!!!!

Thanks for all the supportive words. I needed it.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:43 pm

Confirmation today that they offered the job to someone else.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:55 pm

koimaster wrote:
PoliMalaka wrote:
Confirmation today that they offered the job to someone else.

That sucks. Sometime they look at the age of person. IT is one of the few areas where age does help in the managment side of things. Been doing IT since 76 so I am an old man in the industry.

Time to take that vacation and realize that even if disappointed, you have a job in a really bad economy. Later when the recession ends it may be time to pick up your toys and play in someone elses' playground.
I truly think they want someone who sits in their office, goes to meetings, and does not get their hands dirty. A "director".

It is time for me to leave. I cannot go from manager mode back to technician so easily. Time to look again.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:20 pm

koimaster wrote:
most of those director jobs are for political creatures, not those that really work the networks.
Yep, they want someone who makes them feel good. And when someone is there who really works hard, it makes them feel insecure.

koimaster wrote:
Just take time fro a deep breath and remember a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (not that bush Very Happy ). Bad economy and we are receiving resumes for PC tech positions from MCSEs.
I am ok with my bird. But I'm looking for another and won't settle for anything less.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Z-Freak wrote:
They were probably just jealous of your METRO badness!
koimaster wrote:
Could be he wore the wrong watch Suspect

Come to think of it, I did mention that I thought Rolex was over priced and there are equal quality watches for much less. Specifically I mentioned how Invicta dominates the market.

affraid
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Sorry to hear this Poli !..Sounds like they don't know what they are missing !
This is I'm sure a bit unnerving..but just relax a bit..and realize that good
things happen to good people and that perhaps this event was meant to send
you onto bigger and better things ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big day has arrived...   The big day has arrived... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big day has arrived...
Page 1 of 1