The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Monster has arrived!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My Monster has arrived!! Empty
PostSubject: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 am

I just finished sizing my new Seiko Monster and took a couple real quick pics. Thanks to Steve (what7), we did a trade and I picked up this brand new Seiko Black Monster. I was surprised that it doesn’t have the frosted look on the tidal wave like my Orange Monster did, rather it’s polished, either way it looks great and as usual the lume is stunning. Here are the quick and dirty shots. I forgot to mention that this was the fastest I have ever received a watch, 5 days from Vegas to my door.

My Monster has arrived!! SeikoMonster2

My Monster has arrived!! SeikoMonster1

My Monster has arrived!! SeikoMonster

Last edited by falcon4311 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 am

Very nice, I'd like to get the same one someday and mod it. Congrats and enjoy it Don!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:20 am

Never met a Monster I didn't like!!! Congrats Don . . . .
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:21 am

You're on a roll Don!

SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH!

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:26 am

You have to love the monster. Congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:03 am

very cool, been thinking about getting a new dial (no date window) for mine and making it so the crown would be at 10 o'clock, maybe a bell&ross type dial and hands from noah!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 3:21 am

Congratulations once again Don ! These Monsters are something else.
The way that lume glows is just insanely good. What a watch ! Have FUN
wearing this one !!!

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 am

Congratulations Don. Looks to have been made in August 2009. Many of us with newer Monsters have fully polished Tsunami logos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:17 am

Nice Don. Isn't that too small for your tastes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:29 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Nice Don. Isn't that too small for your tastes?

Exactly. I'm not sure how the hell this happened. You feeling OK, Don?

Seriously, congratulations My Monster has arrived!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 am

Looks great!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:03 am

It is much smaller than what I normally wear but the shroud that comes up from the lugs gives it a
larger feel and look. It's just a tough looking watch, apparently not though enough to withstand being thrown on a concrete floor which won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:19 am

falcon4311 wrote:
It is much smaller than what I normally wear but the shroud that comes up from the lugs gives it a
larger feel and look. It's just a tough looking watch, apparently not though enough to withstand being thrown on a concrete floor which won't happen again.

I'm sorry dude, that still makes me chuckle...

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 am

Ya, I still cringe regardless of what I paid for the watch you can't imagine the horror of going through it
until it happens to you. If you saw how sharp that dentists tool is you can imagine how it could sink real
deep into one's digits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:29 am

Speaking of smoooooooooth, how do ya like that bezel? The monster is one watch I don't think I'll ever get tired of. Enjoy Don!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am

Wonderful watch don. I'm sorry I sold mine way back in a hissy fit over the bracelet, which I came to realize is much better than I thought.
Anyway, well done sir.
Enjoy it.
I can see the lume all the way down here in Florida.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 am

FreeDive wrote:
Speaking of smoooooooooth, how do ya like that bezel? The monster is one watch I don't think I'll ever get tired of. Enjoy Don!!

After you told me about the bezel I was really shocked at how buttery smooth it is. I didn't get a chance to turn the bezel on the OM.

Thanks Dan, that's the one thing that has always amazed me about Seiko. Their lume is second to none.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 1:34 pm

cali kid wrote:
very cool, been thinking about getting a new dial (no date window) for mine and making it so the crown would be at 10 o'clock, maybe a bell&ross type dial and hands from noah!!

Thinking the same thing Trevor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 pm

Flacon finally got his Black Monster. Congrats, My Monster has arrived!! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Very cool monster, enjoy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Monster has arrived!!   My Monster has arrived!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Monster has arrived!!
Page 1 of 1