The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tag dumping Tiger?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 am

I just read that Tag Heuer has "firmly requested" that all advertising containing Tiger Woods be removed from its AD stores in Australia. Do you think they will dump him altogether or will his scandal just blow over in time?
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 am

I would think they are looking for a way out.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:54 am

That would be great! I would have another watch brand to like!

I should probably qualify that statement. I've always found him smug and pretentious. I read stories how he would not give kids autographs (or his father would not let him). Dropping Tudor and moving to Tag for a couple of extra million did it for me. I do not like the bloke.
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:24 pm

That kind of endorsement seems so meaningless. Why should I care if Tiger Woods advertises a particular watch? I'm sure he only prefers the amount of money they paid him over the money offered by other watch companies, he doesn't care about the watches. Even IF he is a fan of Tag Heuer watches, why should I care?

Now if Tiger prefers one brand of golf clubs or golf balls that might be meaningful. I'd still suspect that money bought an endorsement. But at least if he is playing golf with a certain club it gives me confidence that the club is a reasonably worthy product.

In the watch industry the only endorsements that sort of make sense to me are fashion icons, especially in promoting womens watches.

But do you think the general public is influenced to buy a certain watch by celebrity endorsements?
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

foghorn wrote:
Nobody has ever been ,or will ever be, as sucessful as TW so far as getting it in the hole. Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_redface
Tag dumping Tiger? Lol
For shame!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

I don't think its my concern either. Could care less what he does. The topic was mentioned because it involves a spokesman for Tag Heuer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tag dumping Tiger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tag dumping Tiger?   Tag dumping Tiger? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tag dumping Tiger?
Page 1 of 1