The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Empty
PostSubject: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 6:56 pm

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 0as5csh02idd7ton0hkb

Then again its only ~$50
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:21 pm

LOL...I think I know where you are going with this! I wouldn't do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Wisconsin Proud wrote:
LOL...I think I know where you are going with this! I wouldn't do it.

. . . . me too. But he's already half way there . . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Docrwm wrote:

Then again its only ~$50

Heard bad comments....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:40 pm

eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Then again its only ~$50

Heard bad comments....

Oh? I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm

so what's the scoop on Parnis? Why the hesitation on the purchase? I'm lost. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_question Other than the fact you are screwed on the end link to sticking with this strap.....

Last edited by WatchNoob on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm confused. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:49 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
so what's the scoop on Parnis? Why the hesitation on the purchase? I'm lost. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_question

I'm afraid I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_cry

Last edited by Docrwm on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Docrwm wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:
so what's the scoop on Parnis? Why the hesitation on the purchase? I'm lost. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_question

I'm afraid I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_cry

I edited
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:52 pm

Saw a pic elsewhere of a Parnis chrono model with a misaligned fixed tachymeter bezel. Not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
Saw a pic elsewhere of a Parnis chrono model with a misaligned fixed tachymeter bezel. Not good.

But Randy, this one is missing its bezel all together I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Datsun240Z71 wrote:

But Randy, this one is missing its bezel all together I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Affraid

lol, who knew it came with one? I thought that was the design...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Many feel parnis is just another re-branded replica watch line, alpha comes to mind!! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm

cali kid wrote:
Many feel parnis is just another re-branded replica watch line, alpha comes to mind!! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Suspect

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_evil I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Affraid I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 500253 NOW you've gone and done it! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:14 pm

Thats what i thought you wanted me to say!! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 pm

cali kid wrote:
Thats what i thought you wanted me to say!! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch

DON'T try and put this off on me! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Angel2
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:07 pm

I dont even get surprise by watches like these any more...

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 pm

It looks like a ripoff of the Invicta Akula. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
It looks like a ripoff of the Invicta Akula. I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_cool

Shhhhh I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Telephone_shhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Docrwm wrote:
eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Then again its only ~$50

Heard bad comments....

Aside from fit finish ... crappy movements, not worth it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 pm

eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Then again its only ~$50

Heard bad comments....

what movement is in this? I don't have a clue about this brand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Chinese....Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 am

eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
eddiea wrote:
Docrwm wrote:

Then again its only ~$50

Heard bad comments....

But it LOOKS SOOOO GOOD!? I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 am

You get what you pay for
Back to top Go down
ericf4
Senior Associate
ericf4

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 am

to me its a bad replica of a Dino Zei Anonimo

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Nem1
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:01 pm

cali kid wrote:

Exactly how I feel...sorry no Penis...Parcheesie...Umm Parnis, or Herc, or Alpha for me.

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Hmm..something is very suspicious ! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Suspect

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I think it might....might...have been influenced by this design.

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 3784_001_lI like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 0as5csh02idd7ton0hkb
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Docrwm wrote:
I think it might....might...have been influenced by this design.

I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 3784_001_lI like the look of this one but something bothers me..... 0as5csh02idd7ton0hkb

Excellent detective work here Doc ! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_cheers I was not sure of the watch you
were referring to before. However, now I see what you mean !..There
is definitely a resemblance..maybe they are distant relatives ! I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_eek
Great job once again !

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 pm

F- Parnis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Aqua Homer wrote:
F- Parnis.

But Mike, they're such nice looking watches and they're inexpensive to boot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Aqua Homer wrote:
F- Parnis.

Parnis is a gateway watch. Next thing you know you're buying Alphas and pimpin yourself out for that sweet 47mm sterile MM. Careful bro, it's a slippery slope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:35 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Aqua Homer wrote:
F- Parnis.

Parnis is a gateway watch. Next thing you know you're buying Alphas and pimpin yourself out for that sweet 47mm sterile MM. Careful bro, it's a slippery slope.

But Man, I gosta have the DEAL. Ya hear me! I gosta have it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: A rebranded replica is a least a step better than a pure fake...   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

...so it's a step in the right direction. In any case, I don't see anyone going to town insulting brands like Dievas for their Radiomir copies or slamming Sumariner-cloning Debaufres or Timexes or Orients or Momentums or O&Ws or Marathons or Seikos or Benruses or Bulovas or Wengers or WCTs...and certainly not Longines which manages to "homage" about three different Rolexes/Tudors with one single Hydroconquest. But then again, none of those are Chinese.

Now, I prefer my vintage Chinese because they're not rebranded anythings, generally--they're just straight up watches but I'm not gonna get bent outta shape at what other folks choose as long as they're not buying straight up fake-branded copies.

That said, EddieA is just wrong about the movements being out and out crappy. The quality control has been known to be poor with some of these Parnis models but the actual movements are Hangzhou and Sea-Gulls and (although Sea-Gull keeps its best movements for its own watches) both are quite serviceable movements--and both produce movements good enough to be ebauches for some "legally" Swiss watches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No count down Bezel make it look off ...   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:39 am

No count down Bezel make it look off ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....   I like the look of this one but something bothers me..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I like the look of this one but something bothers me.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: