The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trendiest watch brand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Trendiest watch brand Empty
PostSubject: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Last year and the year before, Hamilton was all the rage since is was "under the radar" and newly discovered. Ritmo, Chase and Reactor made a run at the honors but fell short.
Zenith has generated a buzz in the last year (due to someone's singlehanded efforts) - and about four-five years ago all the insiders were chattering about Oris, a relatively obscure brand that delivered kick-butt value. Before that it was Panerai.
And who can forget the Alpha fad of 2007.
So which brand is going to be the Horological Darling of 2010?
And I'm not talking about Invicta's Imperious (ridiculous name that Jim Skelton thinks is so-o-o-o-o fine) or any other TV brand.
I don't have any real nominees, though Longines has potential for becoming the hot next thing. But I'll know it when I see it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Gonna have to think about that one, will get back to you!!! And if one of you guys says Breitling i'm going to scream!! Trendiest watch brand Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Very good question. Trendiest watch brand Icon_question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:03 pm

So many micro dive brands and i kind of bunch them all together, so no one in that crowd!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm

cali kid wrote:
So many micro dive brands and i kind of bunch them all together, so no one in that crowd!

They don't have the diversity in their lineup either for wide reaching momentum.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:14 pm

Great question...I too will get back to ya...

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm

boscoe wrote:

And I'm not talking about Invicta's Imperious (ridiculous name that Jim Skelton thinks is so-o-o-o-o fine)

Funny, and here I thought that Eyal had finally hit the nail on the head by incorporating his attitude on a watch dial.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm

cali kid wrote:

I agree and nominate "micro dive brands " as a group as the winner!

I am also sick of all of them!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Well, are we talking trending among WIS or trendy among the general public?

Among most WIS, I think more micro brands will keep popping up, 1000m/2000m divers. Because it will finally be figured out that they all share the same case, movement, etc, price may drops may occur making them even more popular...

Among non-WIS, I think Tommy Hilfiger is coming out with some cool designs and still less than $200...

Among the SERIOUS WIS, in-house movements that move AWAY from ETA may be growing soon!

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 am

Seems everyone has a thicked-cased watch with a big orange minute hand........getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:18 am

It really is hard to pick a brand that might be trendy this year !
I have to agree that the Micro-brands do seem as a whole to be
VERY popular !..I guess it's because people feel they are getting
watches that not everyone else has. Or feel like the quality is right
there with more expensive brands. So I guess..this trend will continue
for 2010. However, I think it may be more than a trend IMHO ! Trendiest watch brand Icon_smile
Mainly because these Micro-brands are getting better, both in
reputation and in quality. Then I guess, that means more customers
and a dedicated following that continues to grow..For example, a
brand like Serket seems well made, well designed and incredibly cool
looking. Also let's not forget Ron has one too ! Trendiest watch brand Icon_biggrin So in any case..it's
a great question..not sure of the answer..but I think watch fans and
the watch industry have a ton of directions they can go in ! Some
will like the classic and true established brands. While others will
still enjoy the smaller micro-brands, followed by those who will like both !

pacifichrono
Senior Associate
pacifichrono

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am

Dunno...maybe LUM-TEC?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pacifichrono.com

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:08 am

I sure hope it isn't Lum-Tec. Dan, how could you forget the G Shock craze that swept many forums and collectors? This is a good one and is hard to call. I for one am very happy that the Hamilton craze is dead and buried. Every other forum added an ill advised "American Heritage" type sub forum that was filed with a bunch of lame-O's Trendiest watch brand Icon_twisted Trendiest watch brand Icon_twisted
I will go against the popular consensus and vote Micro Brand Divers as a whole. Unlike WP I really like thick cases, and plongeur hands. There seems to be a friendly sense of community and participation from some of the brand owners, and you can get a decent watch for a decent price if you are so inclined.

Either that or Seiko Japan only models will make a strong comeback in 2010
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:17 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
I sure hope it isn't Lum-Tec. Dan, how could you forget the G Shock craze that swept many forums and collectors? This is a good one and is hard to call. I for one am very happy that the Hamilton craze is dead and buried. Every other forum added an ill advised "American Heritage" type sub forum that was filed with a bunch of lame-O's Trendiest watch brand Icon_twisted Trendiest watch brand Icon_twisted
I will go against the popular consensus and vote Micro Brand Divers as a whole. Unlike WP I really like thick cases, and plongeur hands. There seems to be a friendly sense of community and participation from some of the brand owners, and you can get a decent watch for a decent price if you are so inclined.

Mike,

Much as I am a Seiko fan I don't think Seiko JDM watches will be making a big comeback in 2010. The Yen is just too strong. Prices are really high and it makes buying them no longer a bargain in comparison to alternatives from Switzerland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:34 am

Docrwm wrote:
Aqua Homer wrote:

Mike,

Much as I am a Seiko fan I don't think Seiko JDM watches will be making a big comeback in 2010. The Yen is just too strong. Prices are really high and it makes buying them no longer a bargain in comparison to alternatives from Switzerland.

You are probably right. I do not know enough about foreign currency markets to make an informed opinion. I guess it is more wishful thinking. I would like to see Seiko get extremely popular again like the Monster was in 05'. Do you remember when you could not buy a Monster in the U.S.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Aqua Homer wrote:

Mike,

You are probably right. I do not know enough about foreign currency markets to make an informed opinion. I guess it is more wishful thinking. I would like to see Seiko get extremely popular again like the Monster was in 05'. Do you remember when you could not buy a Monster in the U.S.?

You can buy a Monster in the US? Really? I've just stuck to online and not really looked at any ADs. You may not know this about me but I'm not big on ADs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 am

Sorry to hi-jack this thread Boscoe. @Robert....not sure if you are kidding or not, but North America Monsters have been available for a at least a couple of years now. They say "Malaysia" in tiny print at the 6:30. Although mine is beat up and too small for my tastes, I will probably always keep it as it is a JDM version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 am

Aqua Homer wrote:
Sorry to hi-jack this thread Boscoe. @Robert....not sure if you are kidding or not, but North America Monsters have been available for a at least a couple of years now. They say "Malaysia" in tiny print at the 6:30. Although mine is beat up and too small for my tastes, I will probably always keep it as it is a JDM version.

Mike,
Thanks. I really don't visit ADs any more. I heard that Monsters were sometimes sighted but just thought that they were imported because they were popular. Did not know that SeikoUSA was actually officially offering them. Knew that there were US versions of the 007 & 009 with extra BS under the 6 but not about the monsters. Sometimes it feels like I live under a rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Not a hijack guys. All threads are about conversation, nicht wahr?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 pm

boscoe wrote:
Not a hijack guys. All threads are about conversation, nicht wahr?

Natürlich.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Kiosk in town that sells a bunch of the cheaper far east brands has two orange monsters in stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trendiest watch brand   Trendiest watch brand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trendiest watch brand
Page 1 of 1