The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terrific New Triton

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Terrific New Triton Empty
PostSubject: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:08 am

There is a new version of the Triton coming from Steinhart ! Terrific New Triton Icon_smile
It has a 45mm bead blasted stainless steel case. Also a DLC-IP
coated and lumed bezel. There is an automatic helium escape valve
at the 2 o'clock position. While the 4 o'clock position has a screw
down crown. Water resistance is 1000m and the movement is an
ETA 2824-2. The strap is rubber. While there are 24mm lugs using
hex screw bars. It's a pretty GREAT looking watch..especially with
the orange accents and detailed case back ! Terrific New Triton Icon_biggrin What do you guys
think ?..Enjoy !...http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/

Terrific New Triton Tri1000bi02
Terrific New Triton Tri1000bi01
Terrific New Triton Tri1000bi08
Terrific New Triton Tri1000bi07

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:14 am

That's an awesome looker, Tom!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:24 am

I hear nothing but good things about Steinhart. Dave has one on order and has told me that his order process with the owner has been stellar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 am

I was looking at that yesterday. Cool watch, but I am confused. One year Steinhart makes it, the next year Debaufre makes it, and now Steinhart is making it again. I know Debaufre is the U.S. version of Steinhart, but I'm curious as to why they switch off production like they do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:26 am

I like this new model better than the older versions. the black bezel is what has got me. Has more of an Orsa feel to it than the others.
I would sell my Debaufre for this., better name too.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 am

NICE!

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 am

I like the DLC bezel, just enough contrast with the case to stand out. Don't really care for an all PVD watch. If I recall correctly, there may be a looming breakup between Steinhart and DeBaufre, can anyone confirm that?
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:53 am

Guys..Do you know if this model is going to be continued with
Debaufre or will this begin being a Steinhart only model ? Terrific New Triton Icon_smile ..I
know there has been some changes going on with the company
and that they are supposedly dividing into two separate companies.
Also does the Triton look like another watch out there or is it a stand
alone design ? Terrific New Triton Icon_biggrin Thanks for looking..I'm glad you guys liked the
watch !

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:22 am

I LIKEY!!!!!! I agree that the black bezel is a stand-out feature on this model. AWESOME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:48 am

Cool watch! I've heard they broke the two companies up and both will have different watches in 2010! Sure the debaufre triton looks different than this watch! Terrific New Triton Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:06 am

I really like the looks of this one. The stainless steel case with black DLC bezel and orange accents just make this watch kickass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:39 am

Real nice watch, real nice. I could get into serious financial setbacks with this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Great looking watch Tom love the dial and hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Up until recently Debaufre has been the sister company for Steinhart in the US becuase of a copyright infringement by steinhart on another company with the steinhart name. All of the watches were designed by steinhart then released under the debaufre name in the US.

Recently that partnership has ended so all future models from debaufre will be of their own design. Debaufre has a new triton as well but its a different design from the steinhart.

Terrific New Triton T-DW.20.2kM-2T
Here is Debaufre's new Triton. The case design for this one is off the shelf from another manufacturer, but I forget who it is. All of Steinharts designs are manufactured solely for them and no one else.

Also you will notice that debaufre no longer manufactures a Nav-B.

Now that Gunter and the rest of the folks at Steinhart will be back from vacation starting tomorrow my order for my new watch should be processed so the countdown officially begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:31 pm

By the way, I think this new Steinhart Triton is a total home run. I too could be getting in serious financial difficulty because of this watch and a lot of other models from this brand for that matter. There are some really great things coming from Steinhart this coming year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Dave. The new Debaufre Triton sucks IMO. Last years Debaufre Triton was nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm

I agree Mike and the reason why last years was cool was because it's a steinhrt design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: cool lume   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I checked out the lume shots at the link you provided (which was great, by the way). Great lume on this beauty, too!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:03 pm

cali kid wrote:
Cool watch! I've heard they broke the two companies up and both will have different watches in 2010! Sure the debaufre triton looks different than this watch! Terrific New Triton Icon_scratch

SopheNic wrote:
Up until recently Debaufre has been the sister company for Steinhart in the US becuase of a copyright infringement by steinhart on another company with the steinhart name. All of the watches were designed by steinhart then released under the debaufre name in the US.

Recently that partnership has ended so all future models from debaufre will be of their own design. Debaufre has a new triton as well but its a different design from the steinhart.

Terrific New Triton T-DW.20.2kM-2T
Here is Debaufre's new Triton. The case design for this one is off the shelf from another manufacturer, but I forget who it is. All of Steinharts designs are manufactured solely for them and no one else.

Also you will notice that debaufre no longer manufactures a Nav-B.

Now that Gunter and the rest of the folks at Steinhart will be back from vacation starting tomorrow my order for my new watch should be processed so the countdown officially begins.

Thank You Trevor and Dave for this information !!! Terrific New Triton Icon_cheers Dave..I knew you would have
a ton of information about the whole Debaufre/Steinhart story !..I had known a little about
it..but you cleared things up perfectly..Thanks again !

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Glad to help AT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:09 pm

merichar wrote:
I like the DLC bezel, just enough contrast with the case to stand out. Don't really care for an all PVD watch. If I recall correctly, there may be a looming breakup between Steinhart and DeBaufre, can anyone confirm that?

From another site, (and thread here) this from an exec at Defraubre:
"I thank you for your input thus far, I truly do appreciate it. I know you guys are a tough crowd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

To clarify something, the last 5 years of Debaufre has served to build up the reputation for service and quality products. Now that that has been achieved, the next goal is to design an entirely unique collection. As a side note, the company is under new ownership and one of the main directives is to slowly move away from the design styles which were previously focused on."
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 10:37 pm

porschefan wrote:
merichar wrote:

From another site, (and thread here) this from an exec at Defraubre:
"I thank you for your input thus far, I truly do appreciate it. I know you guys are a tough crowd and I wouldn't want it any other way.

To clarify something, the last 5 years of Debaufre has served to build up the reputation for service and quality products. Now that that has been achieved, the next goal is to design an entirely unique collection. As a side note, the company is under new ownership and one of the main directives is to slowly move away from the design styles which were previously focused on."

Thanks again Tim..it's actually pretty cool when you think about !..Now there will
be more watches to enjoy. Debaufre will have it's own unique watches and so
will Steinhart !..The more styles and looks..the merrier ! Terrific New Triton Icon_santa Tremendous new sig BTW !

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 pm

AtomicTom wrote:
Tremendous new sig BTW !

Thanks, Tom. The one I used to have, of Lake Como, was from a webcam there, and well, the link expired, so I stole this one. Terrific New Triton Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 11:30 pm

porschefan wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
Tremendous new sig BTW !

Thanks, Tom. The one I used to have, of Lake Como, was from a webcam there, and well, the link expired, so I stole this one. Terrific New Triton Icon_wink

You are welcome !!!..This one is a NICE choice, that's for sure..and it's a Porsche ! Terrific New Triton Icon_cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrific New Triton   Terrific New Triton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Terrific New Triton
Page 1 of 1