The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !

Go down 
+10
barnbuilder
Anomaly
merichar
smellody
Chris S.
TAZMAN64
jaw
andrema
Northwestguy
AtomicTom
14 posters
AuthorMessage
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Empty
PostSubject: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:54 pm

There really isn't a day that goes by where I don't have a unbelievable amount of FUN talking with
everyone at XMT. There also isn't a day that goes by where I'm not stunned at how kind and cool
people are here. Never could there be a better example of this, then when just recently a PM arrives
from TAZMAN64 aka Steve Smile ! ..In it he asks if since I have been recently looking at Seikos, if I like
the orange Monster ! Then asks if he could gift HIS to me !!!! Shocked Smile Very Happy cheers I was SHOCKED, as well
as SURPRISED beyond BELIEF by ALL of it !!! ..It's just amazingly INCREDIBLE that someone would do
such a selfless thing in my opinion, and can't say ENOUGH how much I THANK Steve for THIS ! ..This
is the kind of thing that you don't expect, but feel is just an example of just how phenomenal the people
are here ! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145 ..Really don't think I can express how much I appreciate this, but want to try and say
how VERY fortunate, as well as grateful I am to just get the chance to be here. It REALLY is an honor
to be here having the opportunity to talk watches and make friends doing it TOO ! ..I have said it before,
but it's genuinely true I feel. So once again, THANK YOU Steve ! Very Happy ..This is REALLY TERRIFIC, and your
gesture shows just how EXCEPTIONAL YOU are sir !!!

Here are now some pictures of Steve's AWESOME ORANGE MONSTER ! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 933578 ..All I can say is that this
watch is everything everyone has always said about it. From the build quality, to the FANTASTIC looks,
as well as feel of the watch on the wrist. It has so many neat details, that it's hard to count. I tried to
get as many pictures as possible, and have actually a small example for everyone to see just how NICE
the Seiko Monster is. This immediately becomes one of my top watches now, and I can see some MORE
Seikos in my future now. Even more orange ones at some point ! cheers

Here we go..

Steve takes GREAT care of his watches ! WOW ! cyclops
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1469
SUPER cool case, with the most terrific details in the case like these neat chunks taken out of the steel !
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1472
More side views of the amazing case, bezel, crown, and tremendously sporty and comfortable strap !
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1473
Wrist shot
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1476-1
Unbelievable dial, and markers part 1
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1489
Part 2
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1490
Neat case-back part 1
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1498
Part 2
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1503
Seiko molded into the rubber
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1504
Seiko sign on the strap
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1515
Sideview
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1506
Monsterous
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1511
Lume
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1519
More lume
Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! IMG_1520

Thanks for looking, and THANK YOU SO much for this Steve !!!!Very Happy ..Woohoo !!!!

Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Wow Tom! What a gift! I can only imagine your surprise when Steve asked if he could gift the orange monster to you! And, Steve, what an incredible gesture on your part! WTG!!!!! BTW Tom, your pics are FREAKIN" GREAT!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Wonderful story from beginning to end!!

I would like to comgratulate the men on both sides of this story!! Enjoy your new watch Tom & great gesture Steve!!!!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:57 pm

Shucks, you guys are chokin me up (no joke).
What a wonderful gesture - Kudos to you Taz
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy AT.
And those are some FANTASTIC pics.
Hope you enjoy it and wear it often.
Great Watch! (for raking all those leaves Razz )
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:21 pm

THANKS for all of your very very kind words John, Mark, and Jaw ! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145 Smile

By the way, I'm STILL in awe of this whole experience, and can't believe how
thoughtful, and generous this was of Steve ! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 803574 .. cheers ..Incredible stuff going
on right here !!! ..Thanks SO MUCH Steve, and thanks again for your AMAZINGLY
nice comments everyone !

P.S. ..These leaves are just EVERYWHERE ! lol!

TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 pm

hey tom, you are very welcome!!!! you take some awesome photos tom, i dont remember the watch ever looking as good as it does in your photos. im glad you like the watch and that it will be getting the wrist time that it once did, from your wrist shot, the watch looks like it was made for you tom. enjoy it tom and thanks for all your kind words, each and every day. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 pm

Super gesture and a super watch. I love mine. Can't beat the lume either. Enjoy the Monster and welcome to the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Great watch Tom and i can honestly say there is nobody better than Steve! Great job on both sides, enjoy the classic orange monster! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 812159
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Thanks again Steve !!!! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145 cheers Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 803574 Wanted to take as many pictures as possible
outside in the sun, and maybe get some of the fall colors in also with the Monster !
It's such an impressive watch sir, and I can't say enough good things about it, or
your STUNNINGLY kind gesture here. Will definitely ENJOY wearing this Seiko of yours,
proudly for MANY years my friend ! ..You ROCK Steve !!! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 933578 ..THANK YOU SO MUCH !

Spaceview you are right about everything sir ! ..The gesture, the watch, the lume are
all BEYOND COOL ! ..I'm AMAZED by the lume, and like you said it's hard to beat !!! Even
put up two shots because it was SO GREAT. ..Hey, and thanks for welcoming me to the
Seiko Club sir, glad to be a part of it now ! Very Happy

Thank YOU Trevor !!! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145 ..You are right on about Steve sir ! ..Can't say enough how
stunning all of this is. However, it just shows the type of people that are here, and who
we are lucky enough to share this hobby and our time with. It's pretty UNBELIEVABLE
on so many levels, and I GENUINELY appreciate it more than I can say !

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Congrats Tom , it couldn't of gone to a nicer and more deserving person. WTG Steve, That's a great thing to do for Tom. Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 803574
Back to top Go down
Chris S.
Senior Associate
Chris S.

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

That's what makes XMT a Great Place Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 803574

Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 am

Great watch and well deserved AT! Congratulation Tom and very nice Steve!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:43 am

Congratulations Tom, your review made me see a couple things I did'nt notice with my Orange Monster. Good of Tazman to gift it to you.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 am

Can it get much better than this?

Two great guys, sharing a great hobby!

Guys like you two make XMT great!

Thanks for being here!

Senior Associate
barnbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 am

Congratulations Tom!

Very kind of you Steve! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:01 am

Very cool gift........and as stated some real nice photos too.

Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:32 am

I was just thinking the other day about how most guys who are into watches are a cut above in honesty, caring, kindness and even compatibility. I guess this just goes to prove it.

Nice gesture, Taz and good job, Tom!!!
Back to top Go down
rasbrito
Associate
rasbrito

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am

Congratulations to both guys!

amazing pics... it's really a FANTASTIC watch.

Welcome to Monster Club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 am

Pretty awesome gesture on the part of Steve!

Congrats Tom. You deserve it for all the positive input you bring to this place. cheers
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Wowee Guys !!! Very Happy ..Thanks VERY VERY MUCH for all of your super cool, and kind
comments HERE ! ..YOU GUYS are honestly THE BEST ! Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! 46145 It really is unbelievably
AMAZING what Steve did ! ..Just blown away by all of it actually, to tell the truth.
Thanks again to HIM, and of course ALL of YOU at XMT for EVERYTHING !!!!!!! cheers

ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:00 pm

Congrats! Great gesture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !   Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taz Terrific and his EXTREMELY kind gesture !
Page 1 of 1