The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great News!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:46 pm

It only took 41 days for the deep blue diver to reach Estonia (priority mail no less)! Now it needs to sit in customs for 7 days and i'm just praying when Kuldar opens the package there is still a watch in it!! Love to help a brother out but this has been quite taxing on the both of us!!
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, the Estonians have never liked rushin'
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Good work Trev!

Consigliere
sixtysix

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Cool, I am glad it made it!! Great News!! Icon_cool

Great News!! Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 pm

Great job so far. I'm pulling for you guys.
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 pm

. . . good stuff Trevor! 41 days is a lifetime to wait for a watch, Kuldar is tweekin' by now . . . Great News!! Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:40 pm

VERY good to hear Trevor ! Great News!! Icon_biggrin That DOES sound like a long time
for a package to arrive somewhere !..I've never shipped anything
that far before. Thanks for shedding some light on what it can be
like to ship overseas or maybe even recieve a package from over-
seas too ! Great News!! Icon_eek Great News!! Icon_smile

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Great news, I am sure Kuldar will totally appriciate it.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:18 pm

boscoe wrote:

I actually get that one. Good to hear the package has finally shown up.
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm

Great job Trevor. Let's have some faith in the Estonian Postal Service! Geez! Great News!! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 pm

boscoe wrote:

Good one!! Great News!! 744742
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Maybe Markko Martin can get it quickly from Customs to Kuldar (Kuldar should know who Markko is). Great News!! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 pm

porschefan wrote:
Maybe Markko Martin can get it quickly from Customs to Kuldar (Kuldar should know who Markko is). Great News!! Icon_wink

I know you're a race fan Tim, is Markko Martin the Mark Martin of Estonia?
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 pm

merichar wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Sort of, Mark. Markko is a world class rally driver, (IMHO, much more talent and balls needed than a NASCoT driver) and at one time was pretty much (sure he still is) an Estonian national hero.
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 am

boscoe wrote:

Tee Hee! Good one Mr. Boscoe.

Trevor, that is fantastic news. As you mentioned it sure would be nice if the box arrived with the watch in it. That would have me a little worried.

Last edited by falcon4311 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:03 am

porschefan wrote:
merichar wrote:
porschefan wrote:

Sort of, Mark. Markko is a world class rally driver, (IMHO, much more talent and balls needed than a NASCoT driver) and at one time was pretty much (sure he still is) an Estonian national hero.

I was just struck by the similarity in name. Martin seems an odd name for an Estonian, maybe its just me but seems the name is missing a few vowels.
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aXnMt0yUFI

(not trying to hijack the thread, just a cool example of the kids ability. I'm done)
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 am

interesting that he is not posting here though
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 7:39 am

Hi guys, great news at least Smile "Well, the Estonians have never liked rushin" - how do you know that about Estonians? Actually the whole Soviet Union had so many jokes about estonians beeing very slow, slowest in the world Surprised
Incredible that you know Marko Martin (name is Märtin, it's pronounced like "a" in word cat), he was a great driver, sad that his career ended so sadly, but here he's still a nationa hero.

thank you all for the support and I hope that watch will be soon released from customs, so I can post some wristshots.

Kuldar
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I can't believe it's not there yet. I lost track of this delivery and thought it was probably
there already. I bet Kuldar is tweaking now that he knows it is SOOOO close.

I hope it arrives and is intact.
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 am

and the wait is not over, now the customs think, that they cought a big fish, at least Rolex or something and weirdest and funniest thing is, that poor Trevor has to write them, how much does it cost and it's a present. I'm confused, after 1,5 month delivery and those bureucrats are so arrogant Shocked If you have time, take Franz Kafka "The Trial" and you should have pretty good imagination about this bureucracy here. In the future I better do all postal services through neighbouring countries Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:49 am

That's really pitiful Kuldar! I can't believe they would hold up a watch in customs for that long! Well I hope you receive it soon and enjoy the hell out of it!
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
That's really pitiful Kuldar! I can't believe they would hold up a watch in customs for that long! Well I hope you receive it soon and enjoy the hell out of it!

I had the same thing happen in Canada. Not kidding.
I suspect my Japan Ecodrive diver is experiencing a similar thorough exam in USA

Last edited by boscoe on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Good to hear Trevor, I wondered whatever happened with that watch. Hopefully he gets it soon.

On another note, did Falcon actually write "Tee-Hee"? Great News!! Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great News!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great News!!   Great News!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great News!!
Page 1 of 1