The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can someone chime some light?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Can someone chime some light? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Flipping channels last night I watched for a few minutes the big watch event on the Shop Channel... El Lalo and Jimmy were on, pushing an Invicta SANII LE fitted with what they are calling a Platinum V 7750 , is not the first time I heard such a claim been made by the pair ... because I'm totally unaware such a designation actually exist to name a Valjoux movement ...far as I know they are called, "Elaboré," "Top" and "Chronomètre." ... I was wondering if I'm missing something here or is just the usual misleading B. S. ?...

Last edited by eddiea on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:22 pm

DDSS IMHO. No such thing. You are correct about the ETA grades and there is no such thing as a "Platinum" - the one above Top is Chronomètre but the only difference between those two is that the latter is sent out to COSC for certification...errr....testing and if passed certification. Otherwise they are the same mechanically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

. . . . and the "Super Series G-10" as well right . . .
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 pm

Pay no attention to the man behind the green curtain...

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 pm

Can someone chime some light? 103049
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:38 pm

What he didn't say ^^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:39 pm

foghorn wrote:
Can someone chime some light? 103049

Can someone chime some light? Lol Can someone chime some light? Lol Can someone chime some light? Lol Can someone chime some light? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:22 pm

They definitely put the "hype" into hyperbole.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:11 am

Must be a special collaboration with ETA, kind of like the Seiko deal a while back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 am

just no need for this crap, hey you've got a 7750 just tell the truth, maybe invicta covers the rotor with platinum wall paper!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 am

cali kid wrote:
just no need for this crap, hey you've got a 7750 just tell the truth, maybe invicta covers the rotor with platinum wall paper!!

Ah, but will it have a wrinkle in it? Can someone chime some light? Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:49 pm

I'd like to set the record straight on this Capt. Eddie.
Mr. Lalo and Mr. Skelton were not attempting to mislead you.
The "platinum" in their statements referred to the "unique platinum Mother of Pearl dial" on the watch, "which is only available on Invicta." Indeed, I believe the special platinum color was developed by Invicta engineers/designers and is, according to Mr. Lalo, the "finest grade Mother of Pearl" available on Earth.
There was no mention of "platinum" in relation to the movement.
Hope this clears things up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Insert about a half dozen rim shot photos here......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:05 pm

I am not making this up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 pm

boscoe wrote:
I am not making this up

my response was to the replies prior to yours, sorry.

as far as the platinum dial, I believe you are actually correct as I've heard the platinum dial speal on other models. I'm not that big a platinum dial fan, but hey if the psa ?(pressure sensitive adhesive) holds, that's the most important factor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 pm

boscoe wrote:
The "platinum" in their statements referred to the "unique platinum Mother of Pearl dial" on the watch, "which is only available on Invicta." Indeed, I believe the special platinum color was developed by Invicta engineers/designers and is, according to Mr. Lalo, the "finest grade Mother of Pearl" available on Earth.

Want it so bad for that to be the answer but No ...unfortunately the SAN III LE in question have a black or silver-tone perforated dial only.... no MOP ...
Actually elaborating a bit on the statements made by El Lalo , he stated that the ETA/Valjoux people personally inspect Invicta factories to see if they comply with their rigid parameters before a number of "platinum" movements are allocated to them..... Can someone chime some light? 744742
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Are ETA Inspectors required to retain China Visa's? Can someone chime some light? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Sorry Captain. I watched some pitch for an SAN (?) with the much discussed dial. So much attention was given to the dial, I guess I missed the movement. But they were definitely pitching a platinum dial MOP watch, though it is not showing up on the items listed for the show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm

eddiea wrote:
boscoe wrote:

Want it so bad for that to be the answer but No ...unfortunately the SAN III LE in question have a black or silver-tone perforated dial only.... no MOP ...
Actually elaborating a bit on the statements made by El Lalo , he stated that the ETA/Valjoux people personally inspect Invicta factories to see if they comply with their rigid parameters before a number of "platinum" movements are allocated to them..... Can someone chime some light? 744742

Can someone chime some light? 812159
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I like the mixed metaphor title of this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm

boscoe wrote:
Sorry Captain. I watched some pitch for an SAN (?) with the much discussed dial. So much attention was given to the dial, I guess I missed the movement. But they were definitely pitching a platinum dial MOP watch, though it is not showing up on the items listed for the show.
I think you are talking about the Invicta Reserve Excursion (swiss quartz) with platinum mother-of-pearl dial (also in black, if you prefer), they were making a big deal about the fact that it was a first, for that model/dial combo and that Invicta is the only watch maker in the universe who uses the MOP dials in the platinum hue.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 pm

eddiea wrote:
boscoe wrote:
I think you are talking about the Invicta Reserve Excursion (swiss quartz) with platinum mother-of-pearl dial (also in black, if you prefer), they were making a big deal about the fact that it was a first, for that model/dial combo and that Invicta is the only watch maker in the universe who uses the MOP dials in the platinum hue.... Can someone chime some light? Icon_biggrin

I didn't catch that, so you may be correct. I did catch the fact that Invicta put a patent on that stiching you see on the Akula straps. Serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone chime some light?   Can someone chime some light? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can someone chime some light?
Page 1 of 1