The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drives me crazy...TOO!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Drives me crazy...TOO! Empty
PostSubject: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:24 pm

You have MULTIPLE watches for sale and you get a PM:

"Can you tell me more about that watch?"

Drives me crazy...TOO! 500253 @$$!

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 pm

It was Duff wasn't it? You can tell us Drives me crazy...TOO! Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm

WatchNoob wrote:

Drives me crazy...TOO! Lol You are such a dink Noob, funny but you are a dink.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Or, "why are you selling it?"

Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_mad

Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Had my share of that over the past year! Puts you in the "LOONY BIN" at times.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:43 pm

I've only sold 2 or 3 (so far, a couple more may be going soon), and I take them to my AD, and he'll sell them for me. It's worked well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 am

WatchNoob wrote:

Hey Noob, this ones for you! Drives me crazy...TOO! Smiley-finger004 Oh and this one too! Drives me crazy...TOO! Smiley-finger009 See ya Buddy! Drives me crazy...TOO! Smiley-finger007
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:30 am

Sure it's bothersome.
But the (potential) customer is always right.
You're selling and they are intersted-put on your selling shoes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:33 am

Anomaly wrote:
You have MULTIPLE watches for sale and you get a PM:

"Can you tell me more about that watch?"

Drives me crazy...TOO! 500253 @$$!

Just say, "Sure. After you buy it." Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:07 am

foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

Just post this at the top of your listing - and BAM - it's taken care of!
Drives me crazy...TOO! Salesman
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:32 am

How about, "Are you the original owner", "how accurate is the watch", "Whats your lowest price", you can have the watch posted at $495.00 and you will get "would you take $250.00?" I love low ballers, I never reply to their offer.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:56 am

foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

You need to take Sandler Sales Training...

Kinda changes your perspective...

Really, it's good stuff!

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:05 pm

foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

I gotta agree with this.....

For those who say they "don't even respond to low-ball offers," I wonder what a "low ball offer" really is, in this environment. There are, for example, some nice watches up for grabs right now on this forum...but they are priced higher than I bought the same watch(es) for new. In one case, more than 25% higher than what I paid; in another, about 35% (a difference of well into three figures). That doesn't make the seller a schmuck — so why does it mean the potential buyer is? The seller may have priced it at a reasonable percentage of what he/she originally paid, but all of the DoD sites, recent auctions and "one time only" prices have, for better or worse, established a new price point for the watch that you bought new when it first came out. Since you've chosen to sell it at a place where folks are more knowledgeable about what it's sold for recently, don't you need to take that into account?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

For those who say they "don't even respond to low-ball offers," I wonder what a "low ball offer" really is, in this environment. There are, for example, some nice watches up for grabs right now on this forum...but they are priced higher than I bought the same watch(es) for new. In one case, more than 25% higher than what I paid; in another, about 35% (a difference of well into three figures). That doesn't make the seller a schmuck — so why does it mean the potential buyer is? The seller may have priced it at a reasonable percentage of what he/she originally paid, but all of the DoD sites, recent auctions and "one time only" prices have, for better or worse, established a new price point for the watch that you bought new when it first came out. Since you've chosen to sell it at a place where folks are more knowledgeable about what it's sold for recently, don't you need to take that into account?

I feel watch sales are a bit different than say if your job is in sales, particularly as watches are a WANT vs NEED item...

But yes, many selling watches feel the STING of buying HIGH and having to compensate due to trends, brand reputation, etc.

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Anomaly wrote:
25or6to4 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

I feel watch sales are a bit different than say if your job is in sales, particularly as watches are a WANT vs NEED item...

But yes, many selling watches feel the STING of buying HIGH and having to compensate due to trends, brand reputation, etc.

I guess it all depends upon whether you WANT or NEED to sell it.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:25 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
25or6to4 wrote:
foghorn wrote:
Sure it's bothersome.

I guess it all depends upon whether you WANT or NEED to sell it.... Razz

Low ball offers don't offend me, no more than me replying, "sorry, can't let it go for that price" should offend the person who offered...

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 pm

How about, "is your watch still for sale?" you respond "yes it is", then they don't respond back.

Douches!!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 pm

I love the "strap pictured is not included" sales lines...well buddy, when you get around to taking a picture of the ACTUAL watch that you are selling, maybe I will buy it!
Back to top Go down
ramirez1970
Associate
ramirez1970

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 am

From my experience, the actual BS associated with the sale of a watch is inversely proportional to the listed sales price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:40 am

Tough crowd here.
Kinda makes me wary of trying to sell at XMT. Don't want to piss anyone off!!
Maybe all sales posts should just say "Free to a good home"
Not everyone who is trying to sell a watch is well versed in sales techniques.

Anyone care for a grain of salt??

Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:53 am

foghorn wrote:
Tough crowd here.
Kinda makes me wary of trying to sell at XMT. Don't want to piss anyone off!!
Maybe all sales posts should just say "Free to a good home"
Not everyone who is trying to sell a watch is well versed in sales techniques.

Anyone care for a grain of salt??

Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_scratch

Oh shu...

KIDDING!

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:31 am

. . . . Ah, my personal favourite . . . the seller that lists " I really don't have to sell any of my watches . . ." scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drives me crazy...TOO!   Drives me crazy...TOO! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drives me crazy...TOO!
Page 1 of 1