The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tell me if i'm crazy

Go down 
+3
merichar
andrema
whitebread
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Tell me if i'm crazy Empty
PostSubject: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I have it bad for a Deep bLUE 2000M.To get it i would have to sell off a 1st gen Ball fireman.does any body own a db2000m had it for a while, and care to comment on the quality and wearability.I know its kind of apples to oranges but its a sickness i tell ya.thanks,steve
Back to top Go down
whitebread
Junior Associate

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 pm

what7 wrote:
I have it bad for a Deep bLUE 2000M.To get it i would have to sell off a 1st gen Ball fireman.does any body own a db2000m had it for a while, and care to comment on the quality and wearability.I know its kind of apples to oranges but its a sickness i tell ya.thanks,steve

Certifiably crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes, Steve, you are crazy, but we all are here.
IIRC, there are a couple Deep Blue owners here, but eventually, the trade comes down to you. Both are nice pieces, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 pm

what7 wrote:
JAW just bought and return one. Send him a PM and ask him about it. If you like the watch better than the Ball...I say go for it! Have you ever looked at the Wilson Watch Works 2000M? I believe that it is around the same price or cheaper...I actually like that version of the 2000m models.

Tell me if i'm crazy P1200279

Good luck man!!

Last edited by andrema on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Tell me if i'm crazy Yhst-11234668104341_2105_18522206
New is $660.
Master 2000 Diver -

Black Bezel Black Dial Orange Hands
2000 meters/6600 Depth rating
Anti-magnetic to 70000 a/m
Automatic Helium release ValveSapphire crystal with A/R Coating
Swiss ETA 2824-2 Auto Movement,
Stainless steel 316L Case & Bracelet
Diver bracelet with extension , screw links, 1/2 links, deploy clasp
Super-LumiNova BGW9 Blue lume Blue lume unidirectional 120 click bezel
46mm case, 18mm height,
22mm Lugs, 280 Grams, 10 ounces

Includes Carrying case, 22mm 5 Ring Nylon Zulu Band, 22 Silicon Divers Band, ScrewdriverTell me if i'm crazy Yhst-11234668104341_2105_8577255
And you are willing to sell a Ball Fireman Gen I to get it?
Tell me if i'm crazy Nm1090c-lj-bkor-big1_266_400
The last time I saw one available it was selling for $699 on strap and $869 on SS.
Case Size: 43mm w/o Crown (47mm w/Crown)
Case Thickness: 11.1mm
Caseback: Screw-down
Dial Size (diameter): 35mm
Crown Diameter: 6mm (Crown is screw-down)
Lug Width: 20mm
Lug to Lug: 53mm
S/S Bracelet: 20mm wide w/screwed links, double fold over clasp
Water Resistance: 100m / 330 ft.
Shock Resistance: 5,000Gs
Anti-Magnetic: Functionality is unaffected when exposed to a magnetic field of 4,800A/m
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Only you can determine if its crazy or not. There's no sense keeping something you are willing to part with-no matter the name on the dial. BTW the WWW diver is a limited edition of 50- long sold out, the only way to get one would be used.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:02 pm

merichar wrote:
BTW the WWW diver is a limited edition of 50- long sold out, the only way to get one would be used.
Yep...I know that, but it is still my favorite. You don't see them too often, but I still think that they are the best of those 2000m divers that has come out! Very cool looking!!!

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:16 pm

andrema wrote:
what7 wrote:
JAW just bought and return one. Send him a PM and ask him about it. If you like the watch better than the Ball...I say go for it! Have you ever looked at the Wilson Watch Works 2000M? I believe that it is around the same price or cheaper...I actually like that version of the 2000m models.

Good luck man!!

Not Quite Correct - I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my Dive Master 2K
I returned a Daynight Ops

BUT - I would NOT sell a Ball for a Deep Blue, not even a Master 2k
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:18 pm

Don't own either watch ! That Ball does look NICE ! Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_smile ..However, if you
like the Deep Blue that much, then do what makes you happy sir ! Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 pm

jaw wrote:
andrema wrote:
what7 wrote:

Good luck man!!

thanks...I stand corrected Tell me if i'm crazy 91387

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:35 pm

andrema wrote:
jaw wrote:
andrema wrote:
what7 wrote:

Good luck man!!

thanks...I stand corrected Tell me if i'm crazy 91387

No Problemo.

what7
Honestly though...if the Ball isn't speaking to you anymore - Let it Go.

The M2K is a very solid watch - well built (even with the common China case - doesn't bother me)
What you'll hear the most is how crazy accurate the base 2824 is - and it IS CRAZY ACCURATE.
They must be adjusting them - cause it just shouldn't be that way.

I've posted a lot on my Deep Blue M2k here:

New watch post

Mesh Mod Post

Tell me if i'm crazy DeepBlue_M2k_Mesh_jaw_04-vi

On Ridinfool Strap
Tell me if i'm crazy DeepBlue_M2k_Ridinfool_jaw_01-vi

Last edited by jaw on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Breez
Associate
Breez

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:53 pm

I have a DeepBlue Master 2000. It is an awesome watch. I LOVE IT. One of my favorites of 40 plus watches. Such a classic design and case. Has a nice heft and weight to the watch. Solidly built, smooth movement. Love the all brushed bracelet. Great screw down crown. All around a great watch. I don't have anything bad to say about it.

Got this pick of my version of the DeepBlue site.
Tell me if i'm crazy Yhst-11234668104341_2098_5967315
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 12:27 am

Keep the ball.At least you know who makes it and its a respected swiss brand.Thats something that matters to me.
the deep blue uses the fullswing case as does every other company that pushing it.I don't like the name deep blue so I
don't buy them.If thats what you want,buy it.But its not up to the quality of a ball watch.Once you own the name brands,
these will only disappoint.Most will buy them and flip them on the forums within 6 months.need a massive dive watch
thats original,swiss made and under deep blues price? buy a zeno basel 500m diver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:46 am

yamahaki wrote:
Keep the ball.At least you know who makes it and its a respected swiss brand.Thats something that matters to me.
the deep blue uses the fullswing case as does every other company that pushing it.I don't like the name deep blue so I
don't buy them.If thats what you want,buy it.But its not up to the quality of a ball watch.Once you own the name brands,
these will only disappoint.Most will buy them and flip them on the forums within 6 months.need a massive dive watch
thats original,swiss made and under deep blues price? buy a zeno basel 500m diver.

Tell me if i'm crazy 4704-13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:21 pm

. . . I do not own either of them, but I cannot imagine giving up the heritage and history of a Ball for a current "hot at the moment" dive watch. No ill thoughts towards the DB . . .

. . . owning both would be another matter, but not giving one up for the other.
Back to top Go down
max
Associate
max

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:28 am

"Leave the gun, take the cannois"

Actually I mean keep the Ball and get the Deep Blue also even if you have to wait a while.

I love my Deep Blue but one on one wouldnt sell a Ball Fireman to get one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me if i'm crazy   Tell me if i'm crazy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tell me if i'm crazy
Page 1 of 1