The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks Eyal!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Here's proof for all you skeptics who think Invicta honcho Eyal Lalo doesn't listen to his customers:

Thanks Eyal! J177675

A 44 mm Subaqua Specialty, which he considers a mid-size watch. On ShopNBC last night, Mr. Lalo said he specifically created this model in response to all the requests from his loyal customers who write and say they can't carry off the 48-50mm-plus size watches his brand has become famous for.

Who says customer service is dead?

I thank Mr. Lalo for the effort. But my sweet spot is 40 mm, which I believe he considers a ladies size these days.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 pm

There is a BIG difference in 50mm and 44mm, so, I will give him some props on this one...

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:46 pm

I flipped thru the channels last night and could swear I saw a sub $300 SAS. I remember when you couldn't touch a quartz version under $1200. I wonder if the Swiss took a paycut to achieve this remarkable feat? Thanks Eyal! Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:07 pm

There was a titanium model that looked very nice. 50 mm though.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:16 pm

I actually like this one...believe it or not!
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:28 pm

. . . blue dial version is nice. 44mm is good.

. . . still not giving my duckets for one. . . .
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 pm

only invicta can claim 44mm as mid-size!!! wasnt it just 36-38mm a few years ago!!
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm

randyswagon wrote:

Same here. The problem is that it will be $100 in a month or so
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:37 pm

andrema wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

.. . . Did you ever think you would see the day??? A SAN III for a beater watch . . . . Thanks Eyal! Icon_albino
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm

randyswagon wrote:
andrema wrote:
randyswagon wrote:

.. . . Did you ever think you would see the day??? A SAN III for a beater watch . . . . Thanks Eyal! Icon_albino
sadly yes
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:56 pm

cali kid wrote:
only invicta can claim 44mm as mid-size!!!

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this...only Invicta could call a 46mm watch "Mid-size."

Thanks Eyal! %3Ca%20href=Thanks Eyal! Akula" border="0" />
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:01 pm

andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:
The problem is that it will be $100 in a month or so

I guess you don't like it that much then. You should be buying for the enjoyment of owning, not worrying about what the value will be in a few months. If you are buying watches for an investment, you will be a sad person down the road. (at least this was what I was told by certain people) Thanks Eyal! Icon_albino
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I see nothing wrong with a used watch losing two-thirds of its value in a matter of weeks.
After all, if you go to the race track losing tickets are useless in a matter of minutes.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm

boscoe wrote:
I see nothing wrong with a used watch losing two-thirds of its value in a matter of weeks.
After all, if you go to the race track losing tickets are useless in a matter of minutes.

Good point, but why doesn't the same concept hold true with Hookers?
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 pm

I'd buy one of those for $100.00! And it does sound as though he is listening, it only took a few years for him to react to the requests.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:

I guess you don't like it that much then. You should be buying for the enjoyment of owning, not worrying about what the value will be in a few months. If you are buying watches for an investment, you will be a sad person down the road. (at least this was what I was told by certain people) Thanks Eyal! Icon_albino

Was starting to think, who the hell pissed in noobs wheaties until the last few words!! Thanks Eyal! Icon_albino Thanks Eyal! 744742
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

WatchNoob wrote:
andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:

Of course, those same people also used to scream at me over the airwaves, "BUY IT NOW — THIS WATCH WILL NEVER GO LOWER!!!!!"
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 pm

25or6to4 wrote:
WatchNoob wrote:
andrema wrote:
andrema wrote:

Of course, those same people also used to scream at me over the airwaves, "BUY IT NOW — THIS WATCH WILL NEVER GO LOWER!!!!!"

Why do you have an issue with this?
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Ok, I'll play...

On that channel, they are hoping to catch the guy who is not a collector, who happens to be flipping through, and hears someone say, "this watch has the same quality as the "R" brand for a fraction of the price." This tickles the NEW GUY'S ear...

So the new guys goes, "wow, a great watch for $675 dollars!" Later as this guy becomes more knowledgeable, he comes HERE, to XMT...

...but a bit, stung, because to buy the watch he wants now, he takes a MAJOR hit on the watch he bought earlier...

See, that channel isn't trying to reach US...

But again, not telling you guys anything that you didn't already know...

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Ok, I'll play...

On that channel, they are hoping to catch the guy who is not a collector, who happens to be flipping through, and hears someone say, "this watch has the same quality as the "R" brand for a fraction of the price." This tickles the NEW GUY'S ear...

They aren't trying to reach US...

. . . . But Alan, EVERY caller that's on the show has at least 100, if not more Invictas . . . . just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 pm

randyswagon wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Ok, I'll play...

. . . . But Alan, EVERY caller that's on the show has at least 100, if not more Invictas . . . . just sayin'.

Take away value pays and they wouldn't...

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Anomaly wrote:
randyswagon wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
Ok, I'll play...

Take away value pays and they wouldn't...

. . . and that folks, is the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Ok, I'll play...

So the new guys goes, "wow, a great watch for $675 dollars!" Later as this guy becomes more knowledgeable, he comes HERE, to XMT...

...but a bit, stung, because to buy the watch he wants now, he takes a MAJOR hit on the watch he bought earlier...

I owned a rolex and went channel surfing and it worked on me for over 8 months, new guys dont have a chance!!
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 4:32 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Ok, I'll play...

Wow...you just wrote my horological biography......
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:07 pm

I am embarassed to admit how many Invictas I once owned.
But I think I only have 3 left, including the one I'm wearing today (Titanium I-Farce with Stainless Less Caseback ( :arrow: ) which was given to me by Mrs. B last year.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Don't concern yourself with me Cali. I'm not taking whatever AtomicTom is on these days, gotta keep my edge Thanks Eyal! Icon_rr
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 pm

boscoe wrote:
But I think I only have 3 left, including the one I'm wearing today (Titanium I-Farce with Stainless Less Caseback ( Thanks Eyal! Icon_arrow ) which was given to me by Mrs. B last year.

I would agree with you to a degree but I did own some well made Invicta watches over the years. I was somewhere around 60 but you blew my doors off Dan. Weren't you up around 100?
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 5:59 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:
But I think I only have 3 left, including the one I'm wearing today (Titanium I-Farce with Stainless Less Caseback ( Thanks Eyal! Icon_arrow ) which was given to me by Mrs. B last year.

I would agree with you to a degree but I did own some well made Invicta watches over the years. I was somewhere around 60 but you blew my doors off Dan. Weren't you up around 100?

I ain't revealing squat! But let's just say I could call into Mr. Skelton's show and fit right in.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:06 pm

boscoe wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:

I ain't revealing squat! But let's just say I could call into Mr. Skelton's show and fit right in.

I know it's in that area Boscoe, I remember you posting numbers in WTW or WTF.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:08 pm

falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:

Quit picking on the former addict, can't you see he is going thru successful rehab?

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Okay, I'm sorry Danny Boy. We both have something to be ashamed of.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 7:05 pm

All that Cheese clogged the arteries going to my brain.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Anomaly wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:

Quit picking on the former addict, can't you see he is going thru successful rehab?
There should be some type of intervention or 12 step program from breaking that aweful addiction...the first step is admitting that you bought one (give or take 100) Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:35 pm

andrema wrote:
Anomaly wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:

There should be some type of intervention or 12 step program from breaking that aweful addiction...the first step is admitting that you bought one (give or take 100) Very Happy

I agree with Mark. If you don't do this right you'll find yourself buying Activa's down the road for a quick fix.
Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:14 pm

[quote="WatchNoob"][quote="andrema"][quote="Anomaly"][quote="falcon4311"][quote="boscoe"]
falcon4311 wrote:
boscoe wrote:
I breaking that aweful addiction...the first step is admitting that you bought one (give or take 100) Very Happy

I agree with Mark. If you don't do this right you'll find yourself buying Activa's down the road for a quick fix.

BTDT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thanks Eyal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thanks Eyal!   Thanks Eyal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks Eyal!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lounge - Watch Forum :: Welcome To The Lounge! :: General Watch Discussion...-
Jump to: