The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modded the 6309 - New pics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Modded the 6309 - New pics Empty
PostSubject: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Several folks had suggested that the Black Bezel that came with my Modded 6309 might look better with the black Soxa dial. So, I got my thin Fat springbars today in the mail for the Super Oyster that came with the watch. Wm Jean sent them along rather quickly all the way from Canada. That meant I'd be tinkering with the Soxa anyway so I pulled up Noah's tutorial on changing bezels and took a shot.

As it arrived:
Modded the 6309 - New pics ModwithPepsi

Sans bezel:
Modded the 6309 - New pics Modwithbothbezelsofflarge
Modded the 6309 - New pics Modwithbothbezelsoff

Black Bezel installed:
Modded the 6309 - New pics Modwithblackbezelon

Gratuitous movement shot:
Modded the 6309 - New pics DSC06818
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Pretty cool, subtle but makes a difference. I like the black/black. Swapping a bezel on a 6309 is easier than swapping out a bracelet!

Hey, I have a brilliant marketing idea....

...sell a watch as a, a, a kit! Yeah, that's it, a kit, with swappable bezels and straps. Put it all in a plastic box with logos all over it and a handle....nah, it would never work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

You're right. That would never fly

Modded the 6309 - New pics Modwithbothbezelsoffandstormcase

Oh, did I mention that the 6309 came on a black pseudo-NATO with darkened hardware, had the Super Oyster and extra bezel included?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Looks great either way, i dig the pepsi bezel!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:20 pm

Looks good and probably gave you a nice sense of accomplishment!

Good job!

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:35 pm

. . . sure does look good either way Doc!!!! The 6309 is on a short list for me. I need to find a beat up one, and go all the with it . . . . modding, that is . . . Modded the 6309 - New pics Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 pm

Alan,
You're right. I'm not a super modder like many here but I am slowly doing a few things. The high gloss on the dial and bezel to compliment each other IMHO but I think I'm going to look into a blue Sinnish dial as the next possible mod for this 6309.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Alan,
You're right. I'm not a super modder like many here but I am slowly doing a few things. The high gloss on the dial and bezel to compliment each other IMHO but I think I'm going to look into a blue Sinnish dial as the next possible mod for this 6309.

THAT would look sweet with the Pepsi bezel!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

cski wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
Alan,

THAT would look sweet with the Pepsi bezel!

That's my goal. I really like the Pepsi bezels and perhaps I can find the elusive Pepsi Dials that Alan keeps posting about Wink
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

randyswagon wrote:
. . . sure does look good either way Doc!!!! The 6309 is on a short list for me. I need to find a beat up one, and go all the with it . . . . modding, that is . . . Modded the 6309 - New pics Suspect
I'm with you...especially the symetrical case...Mark likes!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

looks good with the black! Did the bezel pop off easy? Never done a bezel before, tried on a few other watches but they wouldn't budge and I didn't want to mark the case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
looks good with the black! Did the bezel pop off easy? Never done a bezel before, tried on a few other watches but they wouldn't budge and I didn't want to mark the case

Pretty easy, used the thin screwdriver in my leatherman as it was stiff enough but also thin enough at the same time. Noah's visual tutorial here was a great help because it helped me be less worried about messing it up.
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 am

I think both look great. BUT! The watch looks so naked without the bezel. FUNNY!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 am

I liked that Pepsi dial Doc ! Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_smile However, the black bezel ALSO looks GREAT !!!
It's nice because the black bezel actually brings the black dial front and center.
While at the same time, seems to make the dial look bigger or more substantial ! Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_biggrin
NICE job sir !..I think it's great how you guys can do this type of work ! Thanks for
showing us this !

PostSubject: Re: Modded the 6309 - New pics   Modded the 6309 - New pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modded the 6309 - New pics
Page 1 of 1