The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Empty
PostSubject: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Ah, the eternal question.

I like the blue but not the markers on this dial....
Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Attachment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:30 pm

I like the monsters the way they are and prefer the 007 mods. But I have to admit, I've seen some pretty wicked looking monster mods. So go for it. I love the blue! Awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 pm

. . . Doc, that is sweet. I love the dial!!!!

. . . for me, I like 'em both stock and modded. Date, no date. Black,blue,orange,yellow. Polished,brushed,blasted,pvd. Bracelet,maritec,nato. Plongeurs,broadswords,stockers. You name it Ilike it.

Sorry to be so vague Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Ah, the eternal question.

I like the blue but not the markers on this dial....
Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Attachment

Doxa style dial!! and i say mod away! Looks better on a watchadoo and on both my monster bravelet i brushed the polished ends on each link, never liked that on the bracelet! Also brushed the case between the lugs too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Only if the Mod equals or exceeds the stock look. I've seen some crappy looking mods, but I've also seen some great ones. I like the Blue pictured, but I'm undecided on the hands. I think I'd like to see an outline in a contrasting color on the hands, like black or dark blue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 pm

only problem with most mods is they never have the lume of the original, i'm not big on the stick on but they glow like crazy!! to get a nod with decent lume you need to send it of to kent or someone else!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:56 pm

To be honest I never really understood the whole "Mod" thing.
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 pm

I like the blue dial color, but the hands are too blocky IMO. I would rather see some contrasting color outline or something to break up all the white in the hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:09 pm

Not sure about the Soxa but there are PLENTY of options if youwant to swap it out.

Foggy, the modding attraction to me is in the process; choosing the parts, trying to come up with something unique. No it's not like being a watchmaker but it is a challange.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:54 pm

First of all, I think the design of the monster lends itself to being modded. Secondly, I think that because of the first reason, watch-guys are looking to show what they feel might be in their minds about how the original should have been made, and third, I like what cski had to say:

Foggy, the modding attraction to me is in the process; choosing the parts, trying to come up with something unique. No it's not like being a watchmaker but it is a challange.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 am

I like both! They look great in original and with custom mods. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 1:52 am

Think alot of the big boys try to stay away from the monster mods and sure Noah could expand on this but there isnt much you can do to the bezel beside PVD but lots of dial and hand choices. Still think the ultimate mod watch is the 6309-7040!!!
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

I guess it's all up to what the individual likes. For years I didn't even know
about the whole modding thing. Basically with the Monster and other watches
too, it would be nice to have the original stock models in a collection. Then
maybe later on get an extra modded version of the watch ! Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_smile That way you
can have the watch in it's original intended form and also it's unique modified
form as well. For instance having a stock orange Monster, but also one like that
blue Monster above. In the end, it's great any way you slice it I guess ! Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_biggrin

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:21 pm

cali kid wrote:
Think alot of the big boys try to stay away from the monster mods and sure Noah could expand on this but there isnt much you can do to the bezel beside PVD but lots of dial and hand choices. Still think the ultimate mod watch is the 6309-7040!!!
I always thought that a 6105-8000 would look awesome...symetrical case hotness!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?   Should Monsters be Modded or left alone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Monsters be Modded or left alone?
Page 1 of 1