The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Casio that works for me

Go down 
+2
smellody
Northwestguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

A Casio that works for me Empty
PostSubject: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Found a Casio G- shock that really works for me in looks, feel, and function. Being an avid biker ( non-motorized) and a skier, this watch is perfect for me. Like most Casios, this watch has a tone of features and requires some reading to learn all the functions. It is a perfect match for my activities. Here is some of the specs but if you get bored reading through them, just skip to the pics:

Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan). Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate. Auto receive function (up to 6 times per day). Manual receive function. Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60. Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz. Tough Solar Power. Digital Compass. 16 points of measurement. Measuring range: 0 to 359 degrees. Measuring unit: 1 degree. Bearing Memory. Memory Capacity: 1 record (stored direction angle and indicator). Altimeter. Measuring range: -700 to 10,000m (-2,300 to 32,800ft). Measuring unit: 5m (20ft). Auto memory measurements. Altimeter Memory. Memory capacity: 40 records. Measurement data: altitude, month, date, time. High / Low altitude memory. Cumulative ascent / descent memory. Relative altitude display. Altitude tendency graph. Altitude differential graphic. Barometer. Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg). Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg). Atmospheric pressure tendency graph. Atmospheric pressure differential grapic. Thermometer. Display range: -10 to 60 C (14 to 140 F). Display unit: 0.1 C (0.2 F). 100M Water Resistant. Low Temperature Resistant (-10 C / 14 F). Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow. World Time. 29 times zones (30 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off. 5 Daily Alarms. Countdown Timer. Measuring unit: 1 second. Countdown range: 1 minute to 24 hours. Countdown Alarm. 1/100 second stopwatch. Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99". Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times. Hourly Time Signal. Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099). 12/24 Hour Formats. Button operation tone on/off. Accuracy: +/-20 seconds per month (with no signal calibration). Storage Battery CTL1616. Battery Power Indicator. Power Saving Function. Approx. battery life: 5 months on full charge (without further exposure to light). Module 3070.PAW-1300-3VCR.

A Casio that works for me IMG_2494
A Casio that works for me IMG_2495
A Casio that works for me IMG_2496
A Casio that works for me IMG_2497
A Casio that works for me IMG_2498
A Casio that works for me IMG_2499
A Casio that works for me IMG_2500
A Casio that works for me IMG_2501

I gotta get to dinner! See you all later.
Back to top Go down
smellody
Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Cool John! Looks like it does everything!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:41 am

A Casio that works for me Icon_cheers very cool!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 am

That's a NICE one! Hope u enjoy it!!
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:29 am

These are great tool watches. I have a couple of Pathfinders.
Handy to tell if I have time to cut the grass before the next rain.

This one is my favorite - renamed it my 2012 watch.
For the one you grab before you run and/or KYAG.
It preceded yours by a couple years - same features.

A Casio that works for me Casio_PAW1200T7V_jaw-vi
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 am

Wow!

You may get certified as a meteorologist with that one!

VERY cool!

Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am

A Casio that works for me Icon_biggrin A Casio that works for me Icon_eek Wowee ! This G-Shock has a BUNCH of features ! A Casio that works for me Icon_cheers
It has a BIG aggressive look, with a nice easy to read display.
Along with a mean looking case, and super tough strap/bracelet !
You can see it's a comfortable watch, as well as a watch that
can look good, but still be extremely rugged ! Enjoy your new
Casio NWG !..Great pictures too BTW !!!

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:55 am

Nice one NWG, I've never found a Casio that works for me, I'm glad you did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:57 am

Glad you found one that is so masterfully complicated that you like. Congratulations!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am

Congratz John! Far too complicated for this old guy!
Back to top Go down
thianwong
Senior Associate

PostSubject: Cat's Ass...that model...   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Great new model! Thinner and lighter than my old PRG Protrek PRG80Y ti......I've had the PRG40, the stealth black ti PRG80 in the past, and now keep the stock oldie as a reminder of past days. This one was modded(!) by a pal in Spain who reversed the dial to black and changed the color to gold readouts. He also applied lightly some lume aroundt the bezel slots! large at near 48mm or so, it still is fun to fiddle the pushers! The only downside to the mod was that the barometer window cannot be read...but the altimeter is still legible.

A Casio that works for me M_PRG80Reversedial2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Casio that works for me   A Casio that works for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Casio that works for me
Page 1 of 1