The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am

. . . . have you ever heard of, or can you explain, mother of pearl being machined thin enough to be "translucent" ???? scratch
Back to top Go down

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:41 am

could it be the plastic invicta MOP? Question . . . 492736 Question . . . 779569
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:44 am

what would be the point of that? Why use MOP at all if that thin?
Back to top Go down

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:46 am

. . . . not being a shit disturber. Just cannot fathom a material that brittle being machined to that point. Maybe there is some sort of proprietary abalone shell involved. . . . Suspect
Back to top Go down

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 am

randyswagon wrote:
. . . . not being a shit disturber. Just cannot fathom a material that brittle being machined to that point. Maybe there is some sort of proprietary abalone shell involved. . . . Suspect

That would be me brother!!! i have heard that the break as many as they make right but you know i saw that on tv! Question . . . Icon_geek
Back to top Go down

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 9:57 am

Question . . . 779569 Question . . . 588107
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 am

My wife has never liked an MOP dial for ME...

...she says they make a watch look feminine.

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:01 am

Anomaly wrote:
My wife has never liked an MOP dial for ME...

...she says they make a watch look feminine.

Question . . . 588107
Back to top Go down

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 am

cali kid wrote:
could it be the plastic invicta MOP? Question . . . 492736 Question . . . 779569

And that was when the fight started!!!! Question . . . 744742 Question . . . 492736 Question . . . Lol
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Maybe if that thin MOP was put over another dial substance it
would make some kind of visual effect. Or it could even have
the movement viewed through it, kind of like a skeleton movement.
It would be a bit blurry, but still possibly work ! I guess the thinness
of the MOP would have to be carefully watched ! Question . . . Icon_cyclops Question . . . Icon_smile

jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 pm

We may never understand the motivation behind such things. I suspect the designer was trying to achieve a particular effect. I know how challenging it can be to translate your own vision into tangible metaphors that others can feel, understand, and appreciate like you do. That's glory and the curse of Artists/Designers. Sometimes you nail it the first time, others can take a lifetime to get right. The photos are interesting enough to make me curious. I hope they found what they were looking for. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Question . . . Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question . . .   Question . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question . . .
Page 1 of 1