The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??

Go down 
+7
racerxer
AtomicTom
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
TVDinner
andrema
Anomaly
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Empty
PostSubject: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:59 pm

OK guys. I'm back in the market for an upscale piece and I really like Oris watches , more specifically the Titan Diver. I LOVE the looks of it in the black face with the red/black bezel. I've never owned an Oris but from what I know, they are fantastic pieces. I thought i woulod check with the experts and see what you all think of Oris. Let me know your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Never owned one thought I do like dual color Bezels...

From what I read, seems like Oris is a nicer, but still affordable Swiss made watch...

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? PallStefansson_OrisTT1Diver

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Oris

Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 pm

Brian, I have never owned one, but have tried on several. They seem to be great quality, solid watches...

Is this the one you are looking at?

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Iphone10

If so, here is a link to one for sale: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=357245&highlight=oris+titan

BTW - I love this version of the TT1!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:16 pm

I VERY MUCH want an Oris in 2010. The one I really want is this one
Oris TT1 Divers Small Second, Date 64376098454MB

I have looked at them MANY times, but just not pulled the trigger yet, but soon hopefully. Here is a picture and the specs for the watch.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Movadobaby_2094_342661264

- Black Dial
- Self Winding Automatic Movement
- 3 Year Warranty
- Guaranteed Authentic
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Polished with Brushed Steel Case & Bracelet
- Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
- Manufacturer Box & Manual
- 1000 Meters / 3300 Feet Water Resistant
- 47mm = 1 7/8" Case, 7" Adjustable Bracelet
- Deployment Buckle
- Luminescent Hands & Markers
- Screw Down Crown & Back Case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm

andrema wrote:
Brian, I have never owned one, but have tried on several. They seem to be great quality, solid watches...

Is this the one you are looking at?

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Iphone10

If so, here is a link to one for sale: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=357245&highlight=oris+titan

BTW - I love this version of the TT1!

THAT'S IT!! I LOVE the two colored bezel a lot and I just love the looks of this watch. Basically I want a real nice Swiss watch with a great reputation and some history behind it at a little more reasonable price than the Breitling. It just looks like I won't have the money for the Steelfish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:30 pm

not my most favorite type of case but would like to have one someday, like the quality and great dials, casebacks are cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

sheraortho wrote:
Basically I want a real nice Swiss watch with a great reputation and some history behind it at a little more reasonable price than the Breitling.

Then Oris is the perfect choice for you! Have you tried some on? I only ask because I've always loved the look and traits you stated, but I tried one on last week and it fit/felt much different that I thought! Not a bad thing, just different.

If the lugs tapered into the case just a little bit more, I'd love them. But very short lugs make it feel more like a big ROUND donut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 pm

TVDinner wrote:
I VERY MUCH want an Oris in 2010. The one I really want is this one
Oris TT1 Divers Small Second, Date 64376098454MB

I have looked at them MANY times, but just not pulled the trigger yet, but soon hopefully. Here is a picture and the specs for the watch.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Movadobaby_2094_342661264

- Black Dial
- 3 Year Warranty
- Guaranteed Authentic
- Polished with Brushed Steel Case & Bracelet
- 1000 Meters / 3300 Feet Water Resistant
- 47mm = 1 7/8" Case, 7" Adjustable Bracelet
- Deployment Buckle
- Luminescent Hands & Markers
- Screw Down Crown & Back Case

James, I know this is one that you want and to be honest, after I saw one of your posts on this, it got me to looking at them! I also like this version with the orange numbers but I like the two colored bezel more than I like the orange numbers. So, I'm looking at this version. It was you though that got me thinking about an Oris! So THANKS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: TT1 small seconds/date   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Brian,
I have this watch with the blue dial. It's a very nice piece, by far the best in my meager collection. This particular Oris uses a modified 2836-2 ETA ebauche, which I believe adds to the long term value versus a sellita-based piece (although I own several sw200s).

I love the subseconds; I think it is a really cool mod. To me, having a modified movement makes this a more special watch. I have no idea if I'll ever own a high-end manufacture-movement watch, so for now this will have to do.

In my opinion, it's pretty tough to beat this watch for the money.

I personally like the big, donut styling. That's probably the single, most identifiable characteristic of the watch. I am also very impressed with fit, finish and the excellent dial.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Oris1
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

I have a dressier Oris, but my brother in law has the diver and loves it. Here's a few photos of my Big Crown Pointer Date. It is one of the most comfortable watches I own and I find my self grabbing it quite often. I would buy it again.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Wreckedford051

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Wreckedford057

Plus it came in this cool tire box because of the F1 sponsorship:

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Wreckedford045

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:46 pm

HEY BRIAN, i own 2 oris divers one is the tt1 regulator at 49mm ans one is the tt1 small seconds at 47 mm. i like them both they are great watches, fit and finish is good, quality, and great movements. if you dont like a light watch i would stay away from the titanium pieces! and because of the case design, a 44mm plays more like a 42mm. just some things to think about. ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? P5051696newor ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? P7202763or6
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Brian..Oris seems like an OUTSTANDING brand ! ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_biggrin I'm of course not an expert,
but their watches not only look terrific, but are evidently well made too. They
have a ton of cool models as well as collections. Each one of them has that
unmistakeable Oris theme. From Diving watches, to Racing and Aviation watches,
they seem to have it covered. The designs and movements seem to be top notch
also ! ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_smile ..Here are a few extra links for you sir...

http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris-tt1-divers-bracelet.html

http://www.authenticwatches.com/oris-tt1-divers-strap.html

http://www.oris.ch/collections/univers.aspx?ln=en

Associate
racerxer

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I've got the GMT and love it. I keep watching for good prices on the tt1 as well, that will be my next Oris.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Img1048
Back to top Go down
http://www.fostware.com
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:22 pm

oh man this thread is KILLING ME!!!!
I like this one also. Exact same look as the one I like, but 2mm larger and another complication added

Here is another one that is VERY similar that I like. This one is 49mm and around $1600

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Movadobaby_2094_194721774

- Black Dial
- Regulator Movement showing the hours and seconds
away from their usual central position
- 3 Year Warranty
- Guaranteed Authentic
- Polished with Brushed Titanium Case & Bracelet
- 1000 Meters / 3330 Feet Water Resistant
- 49mm = 2" Case, 7" Adjustable Bracelet
- Titanium Deployment Buckle
- Screw-Down Titanium Crown
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:31 pm

Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

I've wanted one (the same one) ever since I saw John's (Northwestguy) on WG.
Thought for sure it would be my next high-end purchase.
But got distracted by Zinex.
Still, pretty sure there's an Oris in my future - within these parameters...

Must be SS - the Ti is just too light weight for my taste
Must be the larger 47mm - since they already wear small.
Leaning towards yours and the Regulator (don't have one yet).

Good luck - Good choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Oris offers a LOT to appreciate in their watches. My biggest, and very serious, reservation is that many (most?) of their latest offerings have proprietary attachments for the bracelets/straps. Been trapped by such in the past and found them to be a GENUINE pain in the youknow if the watch is no longer in the current catalog or there is any problem with the bracelet/strap. Just wish companies would simply stop with such foolishness on otherwise killer watches. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Alot of bang for the buck!! mine was just too shiny so a pulled out the scotch-brite!! Great watches

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? 100_1536

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? 100_1537

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? 100_1538
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Cant go wrong with an oris Brian..You also have to be use to titanium because the watch is rather light but it is a great looking watch. I own the TT1 diver like trevor but with the black dial. They make quality watches for a much cheaper price.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 pm

OK, a couple of you have said something about the weight of the TT1 because it's titanium. I like heavier watches but In order to have the money I have to be spending, I sold some watches. Most of the ones I sold were my heavy watches so that means the rest that I have aren't in the heavy catagory. Is titanium super light or what's the deal??
Back to top Go down
jackprime1
Senior Associate
jackprime1

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:52 pm

sheraortho wrote:
OK, a couple of you have said something about the weight of the TT1 because it's titanium. I like heavier watches but In order to have the money I have to be spending, I sold some watches. Most of the ones I sold were my heavy watches so that means the rest that I have aren't in the heavy catagory. Is titanium super light or what's the deal??
Titanium is super light Brian. That is the only reason why I never pulled the trigger on that watch. If weight is not a big deal for you then go for it. I'm just use to wearing a heavier watch. Titanium is a stronger metal then stainless but it is easy to scratch also. Hope that helps bro like I said its a great watch and you cant go wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:18 pm

cali kid wrote:
Alot of bang for the buck!! mine was just too shiny so a pulled out the scotch-brite!! Great watches
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? 100_1537

Trev,

Really nice looking watch. Wish it had a standard bracelet and not a proprietary Oris one on it and I'd be cruising the Oris catalog!

Although this one is still on my Wish list:
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Oris-chronoris-grand-prix-70-1
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:37 pm

sheraortho wrote:
hey brian, one thing you can do is buy a s.s. bracelet at a latter time, ive seen them for sale on e-bay and that will add some weight. i am use to heavier watches my self but its kinda nice to wear the titanium oris just for the compfort, then i bought the 47mm small seconds because it was s.s. and also i can swap the s.s. bracelet if i want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

I love my Oris!

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_9412

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_4223

Be sure to check out your local Costco for some fantastic Oris deals.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 am

Hey Brian! GET AN ORIS! I own 2 of them and Love them both.

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_2412
The Frank Sinatra is a throw-back retro that rocks!

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_2002
The TT1 small seconds is superb! The base of the case is 47mm but the bezel is around 44. Fits well andlooks good.

Oris is definitely an under-rated and decently priced watch. Quality is apparent as soon as you set eyes on it and when you hold it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 am

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate all the comments! It looks like it's one I need to get based on the reviews from those of you that own one, or two! ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_lol There are a few that I'm looking at right now. I have to wait until my money is transferred over to me from PayPal and then I'm ready to go! THANKS again everyone, that's why i love this forum!!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 am

Northwestguy wrote:
Hey Brian! GET AN ORIS! I own 2 of them and Love them both.

The Frank Sinatra is a throw-back retro that rocks!

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_2002
The TT1 small seconds is superb! The base of the case is 47mm but the bezel is around 44. Fits well andlooks good.

Oris is definitely an under-rated and decently priced watch. Quality is apparent as soon as you set eyes on it and when you hold it.

That is the one I want above. Your picture is INCREDIBLE. Looks amazing and makes me want it more.

I can't wait until you get yours Brian!!!!
Back to top Go down
SynMike
Senior Associate
SynMike

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Many of you have seen my Oris watches. I've owned 5, sold a couple and currently have 3. I like the brand, swiss with high quality movements without spending the bigger dollars for Omega and others.

Not shown is my Oris Classic.

Here's my Frank Sinatra on Stainless Steel:
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_1059
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_0566

This is my TT1 Day/Date. Same case and bracelet as the smaller size divers (42mm).
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_1089
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_1075
ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? IMG_2507

I'd like to add that small seconds diver but it's behind about 6 other watches on my wanted list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 am

OK, here's my issue. I like heavier watches but it isn't an absolute must so the Ti would be OK. Now, I need to figure out if I want to get the small seconds that's 47mm and SS OR I may have the opportunity to get a 44mm TT1 chronograph that's Ti. The chrono has a base movement of a 7750 of which I don't currently own. So the question now is, do I go with the chrono that looks awesome OR the small second that's SS and a little bigger and also looks awesome?? God I hate these decisions!! What do you all think?
BTW, the two watches are the same price because the chrono is used but in like new condition so it's in great shape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:58 am

sheraortho wrote:
OK, here's my issue. I like heavier watches but it isn't an absolute must so the Ti would be OK. Now, I need to figure out if I want to get the small seconds that's 47mm and SS OR I may have the opportunity to get a 44mm TT1 chronograph that's Ti. The chrono has a base movement of a 7750 of which I don't currently own. So the question now is, do I go with the chrono that looks awesome OR the small second that's SS and a little bigger and also looks awesome?? God I hate these decisions!! What do you all think?
BTW, the two watches are the same price because the chrono is used but in like new condition so it's in great shape.

Ti, 7750 and its the same price? Hmmm...... bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 am

Docrwm wrote:
sheraortho wrote:

Ti, 7750 and its the same price? Hmmm...... ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_bounce

Ya, it's thru an extremely reliable secondary market dealer. I know people that have done business with this company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am

sheraortho wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
sheraortho wrote:

Ti, 7750 and its the same price? Hmmm...... ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_bounce

Ya, it's thru an extremely reliable secondary market dealer. I know people that have done business with this company.

Kinda makes it an easy call for me. I'm on the opposite side from A on this - I love Chronos and really enjoy my 7750s. If you don't own a 7750 I think it would be worth a try even if you decide later to flip it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Northwestguy
Senior Associate
Northwestguy

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am

Hey Brian. I think some of your decision will be based on size. The small seconds is 47mm at the base but as I mentioned, it tapers at the bezel to a 43-44mm size so it plays smaller than a 47mm. Because Oris tapers like this, I have heard that the 44mm therefore plays smaller more like a 42mm. So, take that into consideration when you make your choice.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Holy cow Brian, this does sound tough ! ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_eek Honestly..I think you will be
happy with either decision. It all comes down to what you like most in a
watch !..If the size and weight is important than the 47mm Stainless Steel
Oris is the answer. However, if you want a chronograph like the 7750 and
it's something you would like to add to your collection, than that's great
too ! The Titanium theme seems cool also !..The key is to take your time
making a decision and not rush into anything. Also, remember, it's what
YOU like that's most important ! ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_cheers

Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:10 pm

hey brian, you might want to check out www.gemnation.com thats where i picked up my tt1 small seconds, it was the best price ive seen on that watch. they have realy good sales but you have to check in daily. steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??   ORIS watches, what are your thoughts?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ORIS watches, what are your thoughts??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next