The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For you MONSTER fans...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

For you MONSTER fans... Empty
PostSubject: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Great link Alan! Makes me want a Monster even more. Here's the thing that cracked me up...."The SKX779 is a large watch. Its case is 41.5 millimeters across without the crown and approximately 12.5 millimeters thick including the domed crystal." If you look at the pole you had regarding "what size are you" 41.5 is considered small by most everyone except ME!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 pm

. . . great stuff Alan. Just owning the watch isn't enough for some guys . . . and I'm glad for that!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 2:25 pm

it was written in 2003 and would have been a big watch at the time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 4:45 pm

bodypeersur1 wrote:
Great link Alan! Makes me want a Monster even more. Here's the thing that cracked me up...."The SKX779 is a large watch. Its case is 41.5 millimeters across without the crown and approximately 12.5 millimeters thick including the domed crystal." If you look at the pole you had regarding "what size are you" 41.5 is considered small by most everyone except ME!

Duff,

7 years ago that was HUGE. The Monster is getting to be an older design by watch standards. Seiko has also been fairly conservative in some ways and size of watches is one of them. Oddly, in the 60s and 70s they led the way in larger Auto Dive and Chrono models for the times.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

The most impressive part about these watches IMHO is the consistency
of everything. There is a perfect combination of eye-catching design,
quality, toughness, performance, and efficiency. From the outside to
the inside of this watch, as well as other Seikos this seems true. Just
might be adding a Seiko to my wrist this year ! For you MONSTER fans... Icon_cheers Thanks for this link
Alan !

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 am

After wearing the autozilla the monster looks dinky. That was hard getting used to, especially since the monster felt huge when I first started wearing one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rob van Herpt could be the king of Monsters   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:12 am

Rob van Herpt could be the king of Monsters

http://www.monsterwatches.nl/
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

noahfuller wrote:
Rob van Herpt could be the king of Monsters

[url=http://www.monsterwatches.nl/
http://www.monsterwatches.nl/[/quote[/url]]

You just might be right about that Noah ! He has a ton of watches
as well as variations to see there. What an awesome bunch there !
It's EXTREMELY fun looking around that site !..Thanks ! For you MONSTER fans... 803574

PostSubject: He's a good guy too ....   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm

He's a good guy too ....
but hey we only post the good guys ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For you MONSTER fans...   For you MONSTER fans... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For you MONSTER fans...
Page 1 of 1