The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brother Printer Global Scam ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Brother Printer Global Scam ... Empty
PostSubject: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:11 am

My damn printer ran out of Yellow ink ..
Funny thing is I only use my printer for shipping tags in black ...

I've never ran off a color page yet ... ????

I checked on line ... turns out one of two things are happening

1. an ink flow fault in the machine is adding a small amount of color to the Black ink jobs, and they are not admiting to it ... since I found a bunch of post around the net with folks with the same problem ...

2. the printers are programed to siphon off color ink into black print jobs to get folks to buy more color ink cartridges since they cost more than black .....

please think twice when buying Brother products ,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:31 am

I had a Brother all-in-one machine. Never again. It broke (some error code) and was fixed under warranty, and a few months later, the same problem again, and they wanted $30 more than I paid for the machine to fix it again. It went through ink very quicly too. The ink it used was really cheap, and that's about all I can say good about it.

I bought a refurbished Sharp b&w fax that makes copies for $20 after rebates that's been flawless for 4 years running. The ink is a little pricy however, but I rarely fax anymore anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:07 am

I've had Brother HL-1400 series laser printers over about 7 years. Own 4 of them and they've all been flawless, use very little toner, have handled a wide array of jobs, and I could not be happier. Have a Duplexing B&W Brother that is just the same - tough, economical, and terrific. My Color Duplexing Brother is a POS. Eats toner, costly, poor color quality, etc.

I have an Oki c5150 at home and its been terrific. Photo quality is ok but the cost of operation is very low and it does a much nicer job on all graphics and print than the Brother color lasers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Laser printers VS ink jet ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:08 am

Laser printers VS ink jet ...
will produce different results
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:25 am

EVERYTHING in computers has dropped in price EXCEPT the price of ink...MIND BLOWING!

PostSubject: Since The Greeks ink is the same   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:30 am

Since The Greeks ink is the same
we just want machines that use less
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:49 pm

. . . I have been haunting for a laser to replace Wifey's HP inkjet. Any recommendations out there as to a make or model???

BTW . . . the cartridge manufacturers regard their product as a micro-machine. The ink is a secondary item in their thinking. . . . Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:05 pm

i have two all in one Brother fax/copy/ screen machines and they have been great , one in my office managers office and one in my purchasing agents office (both B&W) now for me in the big boy office i have a HP Office jet 6310 all in one, i need color with all the watches i copy and print!! Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:54 pm

I've owned 6 different Brother B&W models and only one was a dud. Fuser wore out way too fast. the HL1440/50s have been great (have 4 at the clinic) and cost very little to run. Replacement toner is the key. Find a good model that has great ratings or rec's AND low, low toner costs. LDProducts.Com is usually where I find reliable, quality, toner for nearly the lowest prices (and ALWAYS Google for coupons and codes because they are ALWAYS out there) from a reliable seller.

I'm unhappy with the Brother Color Lasers and am considering replacing at least one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 4:31 pm

cali kid wrote:
i have two all in one Brother fax/copy/ screen machines and they have been great , one in my office managers office and one in my purchasing agents office (both B&W) now for me in the big boy office i have a HP Office jet 6310 all in one, i need color with all the watches i copy and print!! Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_wink

. . . that's the exact model Wifey has. Problem is the cartridges are spendy!!! She's finishing her Master's . . . and I need a laser that is cheaper to run. . . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 pm

randyswagon wrote:
cali kid wrote:

. . . that's the exact model Wifey has. Problem is the cartridges are spendy!!! She's finishing her Master's . . . and I need a laser that is cheaper to run. . . .

Do you specifically need color? We've found that running two printers actually is more cost effective in smany instances - all the B&W pages from one and the color only from the Color printer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:20 pm

. . . I have the 6310 running wireless in the den away from her desk (her call not mine) and now she would like a small laser by her desk for printing only. Colour would be nice. She can scan,copy and fax from the 6310. . . .
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Unbelievable stuff Noah ! Sometimes you just have to wonder
what is going on nowadays ?!..I mean what is this ink made of ?!
Unacceptable !..Thanks for the story and information anyway !

PostSubject: Re: Brother Printer Global Scam ...   Brother Printer Global Scam ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brother Printer Global Scam ...
Page 1 of 1