The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Empty
PostSubject: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:39 pm

What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? L12531505
Case: 43 mm wide
14 mm Thick
Bracelet: 20 mm Wide x 8.5 in. Long
Swiss automatic movement
Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
Water resistant to 100 meters/330 feet
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 pm

Saw it Tourneau about a year ago and though it is a chrono it is pretty impressive, the pushers don't protrude out as much as you might think...

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 pm

Apparently the seller is wrong - its a quartz. Not a good deal for a quartz. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:10 pm

can tell you those are some ugly pushers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:14 pm

It's funky and caught my eye. But for $600+- that's way too much for a quartz with its specs IMHO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 pm

maybe they make on with an automatic, 600 bones for a tissot is in auto price range!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 pm

cali kid wrote:
maybe they make on with an automatic, 600 bones for a tissot is in auto price range!

Yeah, I know. Checked 3 ADs and all list it as Quartz. No variant in Auto listed anywhere Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:20 am

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:36 am

I'm with Trev on this one. Those pushers are butt ugly! This wouldn't be one I'd spend any money on but I actually kinda like the dial. It's kinda cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks AT but $475 is still to much for what it is and the pushers are loosing me on this one too. If it had been an Auto Chrono like first listed at $575 then maybe but I still think I would have passed.
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Thanks AT but $475 is still to much for what it is and the pushers are loosing me on this one too. If it had been an Auto Chrono like first listed at $575 then maybe but I still think I would have passed.

No problem Doc ! What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_smile It would be nice if it was an auto chrono !..Also..just to let you know sir,
that my first link to Jomashop had the watch for sale at $396 ! What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_biggrin

Here is that link..http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-t-sport-t018-617-11-061-00.html

Another..http://www.jomashop.com/titwase4.html

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Docrwm wrote:

The link at Overstock that Tom gave you actually does list the watch as being an automatic movement Doc.

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tissot-T-Racing-Mens-Automatic-Chronograph-Watch/4599547/product.html
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Not 100% sure Duff..but I think that is a quartz ! They just
might be making a mistake with it !..The same model is $396
at Jomashop though !..Thank you sir ! What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks Tim !..Basically there are three quartz versions of the watch.
Overstock evidently made a mistake ! What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Suspect What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_smile

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:04 am

Sure, Tom. Happy to help.
Not to sound like a smartass, but it was kinda fun watching this thread for a couple of days. Lots of links, it just seemed like the manufacturers site shoud reveal the definitive answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:36 am

I like Tissot and they offer a lot of value but that one is a little pricey and the pushers are, well, creative.

porschefan, love that sig pic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 pm

MCWW wrote:
I like Tissot and they offer a lot of value but that one is a little pricey and the pushers are, well, creative.

porschefan, love that sig pic.

Thanks, wish I'd taken it, I was there, just didn't get one that good. But, I did have to search the net to find a good one, though. What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?   What can you guys tell me about this Tissot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What can you guys tell me about this Tissot?
Page 1 of 1