The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Victorinox Dive Master 500

Go down 
+4
AtomicTom
TAZMAN64
sixtysix
Anomaly
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Victorinox Dive Master 500 Empty
PostSubject: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Jaw, Jeffery posted up a topic about this watch a few weeks ago and I had to have it. Smaller than my usual preferred size but a thick watch, well made thick bracelet, nice caseback and dial with a nice partially lumed dial, lume is excellent and lasts for hours. I don't see the need for the 24h numbers, they could have left them off, if it was a GMT movement then yes. The shinny part of the bezel is not something I like but I'll keep it original. One of my favorites but all new watches are.

Victorinox Dive Master 500 DSC05980

Victorinox Dive Master 500 DSC05975

Victorinox Dive Master 500 DSC06005

Victorinox Dive Master 500 DSC05963

Victorinox Dive Master 500 DSC05932-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

Hey Ron, Gorgeous watch there bro, if i can ask, where did you get the auto on bracelet in all stainless.......i usually only see them on braclet in auto in titanium or pvd.........
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

That is one SOLID watch there dude!

GREAT lume on both dial and bezel!

Awesome shots!

ENJOY!

Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 pm

I really like the Dive Master 500, one of those 'classic' watches everyone should try. Great photos!!

Victorinox Dive Master 500 Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 pm

. . . very, very nice Ron! I like the blend of finishes, it gives the watch alot of dimension. Another on eto look out for. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Congratulations! Victorinox is one of those brands that gets overlooked by so many WIS but has some terrific, solid, values among its offerings. Victorinox Dive Master 500 803574
Back to top Go down
TAZMAN64
Senior Associate
TAZMAN64

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:46 pm

congrats on one awesome watch, great lume, killer design. enjoy it, i know i would. steve
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Victorinox Dive Master 500 46145 Love that thing, looks like it's built like a tank! Another great score my friend! Victorinox Dive Master 500 46145
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Ron, this Dive Master 500 is just TOO good !!!! Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_biggrin If you look
at every part of this watch, it's amazing how good of a job
Victorinox did ! The color of the PVD is excellent, and the dual
levels on the bezel are phenomenal. Looking at the dial is extra
fun as well ! The way the numbers and markers are set up is
NICE ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 803574 Those hands are perfect for the watch and so is the
lume as a matter of fact ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 46145 Top it off with one fantastic
movement and it has to go on the favorites list ! Congratulations
on getting your Dive Master 500 !..Enjoy ! Outstanding photos
btw ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_cheers

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:20 pm

That is a nice watch especially for the price. I especially like the crown and the bracelet. I have the Orange quartz one and just picked up a blue quartz one from chronoshark (only thing is that UPS is delaying shipment because a train derailed). Nice pickup and I would love to have an auto version.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Hey Ron, Gorgeous watch there bro, if i can ask, where did you get the auto on bracelet in all stainless.......i usually only see them on braclet in auto in titanium or pvd.........

There are a few places who have it. These guys shipped it out and had it in 4 days. http://www.watchzworld.com/swiss_army_dive_master_500m_mechanical_241356.html

AtomicTom wrote:
Ron, this Dive Master 500 is just TOO good !!!! Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_biggrin If you look
NICE ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 803574 Those hands are perfect for the watch and so is the
lume as a matter of fact ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 46145 Top it off with one fantastic

Thanks everyone. Tom, sometimes a watch just fits all the things you want and then some, this does for me, really glad I got it! thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:31 pm

userfriendly wrote:
That is a nice watch especially for the price. I especially like the crown and the bracelet. I have the Orange quartz one and just picked up a blue quartz one from chronoshark (only thing is that UPS is delaying shipment because a train derailed). Nice pickup and I would love to have an auto version.

Congrats and hope you get it soon, your going to love the solid feel and build of the watch.
I like it so much I thought of getting the stainless with black dial, if I can find a good used one, and put in an auto
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 pm

barnbuilder1 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

There are a few places who have it. These guys shipped it out and had it in 4 days. http://www.watchzworld.com/swiss_army_dive_master_500m_mechanical_241356.html

AtomicTom wrote:

Thanks everyone. Tom, sometimes a watch just fits all the things you want and then some, this does for me, really glad I got it! thanks

No problem Ron ! Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_smile It's GREAT when a watch is so good that it actually goes beyond what
you thought it would be ! I'm glad you are enjoying it so much !

Consigliere
smellody

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:31 am

AWESOME watch Ron! Sign me up for that one! Congratulations
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 am

Docrwm wrote:
Congratulations! Victorinox is one of those brands that gets overlooked by so many WIS but has some terrific, solid, values among its offerings. Victorinox Dive Master 500 803574

I'm definitely one of those "overlookers." I never gave them much concideretion, just kept thinking swiss army knife. Every one that I have seen posted recently has been waaaay above my expectations. This one is pretty amazing, I'm officially a convert, no more over looking for me!

Last edited by cski on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaw
Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 am

That's great Ron!

I'm glad somebody here grabbed one of those.
It immediately grabbed my attention at first glance.
Distracted me away from my Infantry Vintage objective for a few days.

Happy we both found our way to just the right Victorinox.
BTW - Victor seems to be going around this place lately - You, Me, and Smellody.
Maybe a few more after those great pics.

Thanks/Congrats/Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
merichar
Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 am

A real heavy duty watch. Nice finish on it and great lume. Looks a lot more solid than some of the SA models I've seen in the past which have tended to be pretty lightweight. Looks like SA is following the trend with some serious hardware. Like you, I don't get the shiny bezel part. Can't really understand any high polish surfaces on a dive watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
PoliMalaka
Senior Associate
PoliMalaka

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 am

That thing is gorgeous.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Victorinox Dive Master 500   Victorinox Dive Master 500 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Victorinox Dive Master 500
Page 1 of 1