The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Empty
PostSubject: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:35 pm

This should pretty much put to rest any discussion about luxury brands being sold on TV also.

http://www.shopnbc.com/Watches/Rolex/Default.aspx?cm_re=NAV-_-Rolex-_-N

And I am sure this will only be the beginning with many more models available down the line. The entire watch industry is stuggling, with the exception of a few few brands.

Say hello to the future of watch selling..... You have to be able to sell to the largest market possible and TV provides something that no store can - a mass huge national (or international) audience.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:37 pm

It looks like Rolex couldn't get rid of them and had no other choice...

Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Look at the shopnbc list of watch brands. they are clearly expanding their brands.

I see Seiko, Accutron, Tissot, Corum, Tag Heuer, Rotary and more
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm

TVDinner wrote:
Look at the shopnbc list of watch brands. they are clearly expanding their brands.

I see Seiko, Accutron, Tissot, Corum, Tag Heuer, Rotary and more
Depending on what they have...I may have to take a look...

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Rolex Men's Oyster Perpetual Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch - QUARTZ and its $4288 or 5 ValuePays: $857.60 but its Retail value = $4,400.00 Rolling Eyes

"Considered one of the most prolific Swiss wristwatch manufacturing companies in the world Rolex is sheer elegance. They are a step above the rest with their uncompromising attention to detail." Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 744742

Does anyone at SNBC even OWN a dictionary? "prolific" but, but, but I thought Rolex = Exclusivity? "prolific" Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 252943
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

I am pretty sure that is not a quartz model.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I am now pretty sure that is a mistake by ShopNBC - I believe that is a automatic choronmeter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Both mens are listed as quartz and only 37mm for the Oyster Perp or 34mm (?!) for the Air-King. Warranties offered by SWI, so they must be close-out pick ups by Lior.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 pm

TVD, correct sir...same watch listed at Next day Watches as an auto:
http://www.nextdaywatches.com/product/_7366/rolex-mens-rolex-oyster-perpetual-black-&-orange-dial-stainless

Funny, the use the same description as Shop.."one of the most prolific, blah, blah.."
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:10 pm

These HAVE to be gray market and have NO warranty...

...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Senior Associate
merichar

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Docrwm wrote:
Rolex Men's Oyster Perpetual Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch - QUARTZ and its $4288 or 5 ValuePays: $857.60 but its Retail value = $4,400.00 Rolling Eyes

"Considered one of the most prolific Swiss wristwatch manufacturing companies in the world Rolex is sheer elegance. They are a step above the rest with their uncompromising attention to detail." Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 744742

Does anyone at SNBC even OWN a dictionary? "prolific" but, but, but I thought Rolex = Exclusivity? "prolific" Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 252943

There you go again acting like words have defined meaning.
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:28 pm

I believe that we will see MANY MANY more old world mainstream brands selling on TV.

Weather you Love or hate Invicta, the formula they have established of selling on TV HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL for them. This is not about CS issues, or how their watches are made, bla bla bla - just about sales. And right now EVERYONE IS hurting and business IS down for most/many watch brands.

Personally I think we will see a lot other brands doing similar selling in this manner. Just look at the other brands I mentioned that are also now showing on shopnbc.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Again my ONLY issue with buying a watch like a Rolex off TV is if the WARRANTY is still good...?

...and then of course you get the guy who buys it for ONE VALUE PAY, SIZES it, wears it out somewhere, dings it, and then returns it...YIKES Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Affraid

***EDIT

OR...even worse.............RETURNS A GOOD REPLICA and keeps the real thing!

Nope, no way I'm buying a TRUE high end watch from ShopNBC!

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Shop has had 'em before on occasion...go to the "Watches" icon, click it and go to "Web Only"...you'll find Tag, Gucci, Dubey & Schaldenbrand, Corum, Ebel and others.....in the "Web Only" section they tend to let 'em sit there until they sell for what they're asking........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Anomaly wrote:
These HAVE to be gray market and have NO warranty...

...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

warranty offered by SWI, not Rolex.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:27 am

Rolex has no idea they are going to be on TV, every once in a while lior gets a few pieces from AD's or grey market dealers, he has had some breitlings on too, normally a watch that the dealer is having a hard time selling! when rolex finds out i bet they will shit their pants! Rolex isnt going to offer up a handful of watches on shopnbc!
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am

I would love for someone to find official actual watch sale information for the higher end brands (Rolex, Brietling, etc) because my friend works at Finks, which is a store that sells many of these brands. I know for a fact that their sales are way down for all of these brands. Like way down. People just do not have as much money to buy as many $3000+ watches. The just don't in this economy and have not for years.

So I imagine that many brands are hurting or considerably down.

sorry, off topic. I apologize to the OP, oh wait, that was me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 am

from what i've seen the far east is where it's happening, hong kong bought more swiss watches last year than the united states, first time ever! China is buying up all the high-end piece
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 am

. . . . What makes anyone think it will be any different, regardless of what brand they sell on Shop.

I make absolutely no apologies for stating that Shop has the garbage for credibilty. They don't perform well standing behind the average brands they sell. Trevor probably nailed it saying that Rolex will shit when they find out!!

They have Seiko listed as well.

I could care less what kind of pricing they come out with or how many value pays they extend to buyers. When I walked away from that mess, I was done with them and intend to stick with my convictions. Voting with my wallet is the only statement I can make, and although they could probably care less that Randy is not a customer . . . .

I can sleep well at night knowing I made up my mind . . . . Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Smiley-signs131
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:13 am

Well, I had this whole big rant ready, and then Randy comes in and steals my thunder........LOL.....

So i will say this, Randy, my sentiments exactly, i feel exactly the same way as you.......they might not care that they lost our business, but at least we feel good about not giving them our money anymore.........i havent purchased from them in about two years, so they could have a watch that im looking to buy right now, and it could be 20 bucks lower than another place, and i still wouldnt buy it from them.......learned my lesson along time ago with Shop............Rolex????? Well, im sure we wont see them presented on the air, and its not like they got the new deep sea in or anything............like cali said, Lior must have got a deal on them............shop could sell patek phillipe, and it wouldnt put them any higher in my book, cause youd still have the fool selling them, and then the fools in customer service to deal with.............Oh look, i did do a little rant of my own..........well, Rant over, sorry for taking thread of track......
Back to top Go down
TVDinner
Senior Associate
TVDinner

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 am

somewhat the same topic, but also a little different - I strongly feel that we will see OTHER home shopping TV channels popping up and other watches being sold on these channels in the very near future. I have said this for the past 6 months and still believe it.

The FORMULA works if done correctly so I really believe that ShopNBC and QVC are just the begining and we will see others. This IS NOT ABOUT SHOPNBC, it is about the formula of selling on TV, which has been successful and shown INCREASING sales.

So if you like shopnbc or not, is not the point I am trying to make in this one post. This will be an expanding way to sell watches in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
andrema
Senior Associate
andrema

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

TVDinner wrote:
somewhat the same topic, but also a little different - I strongly feel that we will see OTHER home shopping TV channels popping up and other watches being sold on these channels in the very near future. I have said this for the past 6 months and still believe it.

The FORMULA works if done correctly so I really believe that ShopNBC and QVC are just the begining and we will see others. This IS NOT ABOUT SHOPNBC, it is about the formula of selling on TV, which has been successful and shown INCREASING sales.

So if you like shopnbc or not, is not the point I am trying to make in this one post. This will be an expanding way to sell watches in my opinion.
You are absolutely correct James...did I just say that out loud Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_cheers !!

The formula works for sales to the general market...lets face it, a lot of people are happy with being able to turn on their TV and be able to purchase a well made consumer good (I just bit my lip). If and when a new player comes to the market, they will build viewership and will hopefully force the others to reevaluate their practices.

Damn...I am still surprised that I agreed with James Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 am

ShopNBC (imho) has a two-prong strategy:
1. Use the hype and sizzle routine
2. Sell EZ credit

Everyone that buys from them seems to either buy the "limited opportunity" BS spouted on air or else the value pays offer them their ONLY opportunity to buy an expensive product.

ShopNBC operates basically the same way as a "Tote-the-Note" used car operation. Problem with that is the people that don't have $4k on their credit card or in their bank account, can't afford a $4K watch... Just ask Fannie and Freddie about the long-term prospects of selling people something they cannot afford.

Will some people buy a Rolex from them because of the EZ credit? Sure. Will it be a large part of their focus? Doubtful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:08 pm

TVDinner wrote:
I am pretty sure that is not a quartz model.

Tell THEM that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

cali kid wrote:
Rolex has no idea they are going to be on TV, every once in a while lior gets a few pieces from AD's or grey market dealers, he has had some breitlings on too, normally a watch that the dealer is having a hard time selling! when rolex finds out i bet they will shit their pants! Rolex isnt going to offer up a handful of watches on shopnbc!

I'll bet that Rolex orders at least one and back tracks it to the AD. They have shut down a # of ADs in the UK over such issues. They've even shut them down over the % off they give to undercover buyers from Rolex. Harder to do anything in the US like that but still possible.
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:14 pm

Docrwm wrote:
cali kid wrote:

I'll bet that Rolex orders at least one and back tracks it to the AD. They have shut down a # of ADs in the UK over such issues. They've even shut them down over the % off they give to undercover buyers from Rolex. Harder to do anything in the US like that but still possible.

Good point!

George Lucas has flea market booths shut down for selling non-licensed Star Wars shirts a few years ago too!

Also a company selling LIGHT SWORDS that looked JUST like the LIGHT SABERS in the movies...

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Anomaly wrote:
Docrwm wrote:
cali kid wrote:

Good point!

George Lucas has flea market booths shut down for selling non-licensed Star Wars shirts a few years ago too!

Also a company selling LIGHT SWORDS that looked JUST like the LIGHT SABERS in the movies...

How many do you own?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Well, I had this whole big rant ready, and then Randy comes in and steals my thunder........LOL.....

So i will say this, Randy, my sentiments exactly, i feel exactly the same way as you.......they might not care that they lost our business, but at least we feel good about not giving them our money anymore.........i havent purchased from them in about two years, so they could have a watch that im looking to buy right now, and it could be 20 bucks lower than another place, and i still wouldnt buy it from them.......learned my lesson along time ago with Shop............Rolex????? Well, im sure we wont see them presented on the air, and its not like they got the new deep sea in or anything............like cali said, Lior must have got a deal on them............shop could sell patek phillipe, and it wouldnt put them any higher in my book, cause youd still have the fool selling them, and then the fools in customer service to deal with.............Oh look, i did do a little rant of my own..........well, Rant over, sorry for taking thread of track......

Tell it like it is brother, bet you feel better now, know you made me feel better just reading it! Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 74725 Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 46145 Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 933578
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Lol.....thanks Trevor......

Let me try and get this back on track to James original post and thoughts......

James, I get what you are saying, but , high end watches have been sold on shop before, as a matter of fact, before big ol Jim hit the airwaves, Shop sold a bunch of the high end brands, Clerc, Oris, Breitling, Tag, on and on.........

then Invicta took over and shop wanted to capatilize on the Invicta craze....

the Tv and internet shopping will obviosly get more popular, but do i see people ordering Rolex and Omegas from their tv........not likely, especially Rolex, as most know, Rolex isnt really a watch guys watch, its the exec or the stock market guy, the high roller that buy them and they buy them for prestige and the name, not for the watch or the movement.........and those guys arent looking for a deal, they want the expensive watch that goes for the name.........im sorry, but i feel if i have the coin to drop on a Rolex, i highly doubt that i would be watching Shopnbc if i was one of those guys looking to buy one..........just my two cents, take it for what is worth........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 pm

FYI,

Same watch I checked at SNBC that was like 2% off MSRP from them as a Gray Market dealer Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_rolleyes is listed at World of Watches....

Rolex Men's Rolex Oyster Perpetual Black and Orange Dial Stainless SteelList $4,400.00 (28% off)
NBR Price : $3,168.00
Style #: 116000

SUBSTANTIALLY LESS - like $1000 Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_eek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Now you lost me, plenty of rolex collectors and you might want to start with rolex watch forum 35,000 members! and far as movement go you cant beat the Rolex caliber 3135. Dont think because they cover it up with a solid caseback it doesnt have the finest materials with some of the best workmanship in the world!

Originally introduced around 1988 Rolex’s 3135 has been their workhorse movement since then. Of course things haven’t remained static these past 20 years and it has seen numerous improvements and upgrades in order to both refine and improve its performance and reliability. Like most Swiss watch companies Rolex don’t make a big deal of these upgrades, so most of the time even their own watchmakers are not aware of them, unless of course they are specifically instructed to upgrade the parts and movements when they come in for repair. Some of the improvements, like their new Parachrom hairspring, they choose to anchor to new marketing campaigns, in which case potential buyers now want to make sure that their new purchase has all the latest and greatest upgrades. But others, like subtle refinements to pivot and teeth shapes, improvements in the alloys of the metals used etc, often go unheralded.

Basic technical info for the 3135

Diameter = 28.5mm
Casing diameter = 28.1mm
Height = 6mm – note that the non-date Cal. 3130 is the same height
Jewels = 31
Power Reserve = Approximately 50 hours

A closer look at the movement

Overview of the completely disassembled movement. Cleaned and ready for assembly. Movement screws on the top right hand side and dial screws on the top left next to the mainspring.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 01_overview

The mainspring fitted into the barrel, ready to be lubricated and then closed up with the cover.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 05_barrel

The 3 glucydur train wheels, plus the escape wheel and pallet fork. Note that although the teeth and pinion leaves of the wheels are different sizes in order to facilitate the power reduction from the barrel to the escapement, the diameter for the various wheels, excluding the escape wheel, are almost identical.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 06_train_wheels

The movement side of the rhodium plated stamped brass main plate. IWC nickel plate theirs. Other manufacturers, like Lange & Söhne, who use nickel silver instead of brass, don’t plate their main plates at all. Note the beryllium bronze bushing in the center for the canon pinion, and the two brass nuts near the top. The latter two facilitate quick minor adjustment of the end shake of the balance wheel.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 07_mainplate

The canon pinion placed in position.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 08_canon

And fitted with its own separate bridge. The jewel in the center of this bridge supports the second wheel and not the canon pinion, as the latter is supported by beryllium bronze bushings both at the top and bottom. It’s interesting to note that like the JLC 889, the canon pinion is driven directly by the barrel. This arrangement provides maximum torque in order to drive the dial and calendar train wheels, but is not part of the drive train.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 09_canon_fitted

A clear view of the layout of the drive train wheels without the bridge in place. Fitted adjacent to the stem and crown are the crown wheel, stop lever and crown wheel bridge. This system is unusual in that the not only is the crown wheel under the bridge (a practice usually implemented in very thin watches), but it also has its own separate bridge.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 10_train_wheels

And with the bridge in place.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 11_train_wheels

The complete movement minus the balance wheel. The winding and wig-wag wheels on the right hand side of the brass ratchet winding wheel facilitate hand winding. The wig-wag swings easily out of the way when the automatic winding system is engaged.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 12_barrel_bridge

And with the balance wheel installed. Its diameter is approximately 10mm, about the same size as that of the 7750.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 13_balance_bridge

The dial side of the movement with stem and winding system installed, but prior to the installation of the barrel and balance wheel.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 14_dial

The upper half of the canon pinion, which is friction fitted to the lower half, has been installed together with the two set wheels. Setting of the hands is accomplished via the latter two wheels and the sliding pinion.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 15_dial_setwheels

A clear view of the layout of the dial wheels prior to the installation of the calendar plate. The latter supports the calendar disc as well as keeping all of these wheels in place. On the left hand side you can see the brass date driving wheel with its steel cam riveted to it. The spring, lever and jewel resting up against it provide the tension and torque necessary to effect the instantaneous date change. The shape of this cam has been carefully calculated (together with the thickness of the spring) in order to limit both the force applied and the amount of travel, so that the date always jumps exactly one day. The small pin near the 12 ‘O clock position on the cam drives the date jumper which fits on top of it.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 16_dial_wheels

And here with both the calendar plate and date jumper in place. At the 10’O clock position one can see the finger on the date jumper. The latter strikes the date indicator and moves it ahead one day every 24 hours. The three domed shaped jewels equidistant in the center of the calendar plate cut out, support the calendar disc. Doing it this way reduces friction to a minimum and helps ensure an instantaneous date change at midnight.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 17_dial

For comparisons sake here’s the dial side of a caliber 3130 – i.e. no date. Here one can clearly see the jewel inside the top part of the canon pinion tube. As far as I know, Rolex is the only one to use a jewel to support the upper part of the second wheel pinion like this. The advantage of this is that it’s supported more accurately and with less friction too. Caliber 3035 originally used a Teflon washer, but Rolex discovered that a jewel was much better in the long term because the Teflon eventually deformed and lost its smoothness, and this extra friction greatly reduced the amplitude of the balance wheel.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 18_3130

With the calendar disc installed, the dial side of the movement is now complete and ready to be fitted with the dial and hands. The date finger is between the 18 and the 19 a few minutes after the date has jumped. Near the 3 and 4 of the date indicator disc is the quick set date corrector wheel.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 19_calendar

A close up of the small brass post that the set wheel sits on.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 20_3135_post

Overview of the automatic winding system prior to assembly. The large wheels and simple design result in the most efficient automatic winding system that I’m aware of. The red reversing wheels are Teflon coated in order to reduce friction and don’t require any lubrication. Only the posts of these wheels require a small amount of lubrication because they are steel, as are the inner wheels that pivot on them. The small wheel below the brass ratchet driving wheel is the winding pinion. This fits onto the rotor axel and is driven by it. The clip at the bottom holds the rotor in place and has a small hole on the left of it for sharp tweezers (preferably brass), so that it can be easily unclipped in order to remove the rotor from the automatic winding unit.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 24_auto_overview

The underside view of the fully assembled automatic winding unit and rotor.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 25_axel_bridge

And installed on the movement sans the rotor. Note the crescent shaped bridge by the balance wheel. In case of a hard perpendicular blow to the watch, this bridge prevents the edge of the rotor from hitting the rim of the balance wheel.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 26_auto

The complete movement, carefully cleaned and lubricated, ready to be installed in the watch case. This Swiss mechanical marvel of precision micro engineering is once again ready to offer years of accurate and trouble free time keeping.

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC 27_complete

A few observations:

As far as I am concerned it’s very sad that even with the huge slew of new movements that have been introduced during the 3135’s past two decades of continuous use and refinement, there still aren’t too many challengers to the Rolex triple crown of accuracy, reliability and durability – i.e. its toughness – for example, its ability to withstand the abuse of everyday life that most active people, both men and women, would hurl at it, and still keep on ticking. And not just keep on ticking, but to continue doing so accurately too. The only ones that come to mind are the ETA 2892-2A, the ETA 7750 (including their numerous variations and incarnations) and possibly Omega’s new caliber 8500. But unlike the first two movements, the latter one, notwithstanding the fact that it is their 3rd generation of Dr. George Daniel’s co-axial escapement, doesn’t have the advantage of over 20 years worth of use, abuse and refinement, so it’s still an open question as to its long term reliability. So in my opinion, that leaves only two serious contenders to Rolex’s 3135 throne. Of course I would be remiss not to mention Rolex’s own caliber 2235 for its ability to match the three men’s movements. Which is an astounding achievement given the fact that this is a lady’s movement and a lot smaller in diameter and volume than the aforementioned ones.

Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Yeah, those Rolex watches are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY over-rated...

...are you kidding me?

VERY cool pictorial!

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:59 pm

cali kid wrote:
Now you lost me, plenty of rolex collectors and you might want to start with rolex watch forum 35,000 members! and far as movement go you cant beat the Rolex caliber 3135. Dont think because they cover it up with a solid caseback it doesnt have the finest materials with some of the best workmanship in the world!

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_scratch Who lost whom? All I said was that SNBCs price stinks if you're buying Gray Market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolex for sale on ShopNBC   Rolex for sale on ShopNBC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolex for sale on ShopNBC
Page 1 of 1