The Lounge - Watch Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to enjoy watches and everything in between !

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Empty
PostSubject: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 12:59 am

Anyone who's been here a while knows pacifichrono has impeccable taste and a wonderful collection of stunning watches.

"They" say (and are correct in this instance) that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery; well, when I saw this, I just had to pick one up. First, pacifichrono's inspirational watch and bracelet combo:

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... RC10_1000

My blatant emulation/lookalike/copy (and I'm grinning just like the cat):

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Pacifichrono1

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Pacifichrono2

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Pacifichrono3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:01 am

First the hockey game, and now this...

Are there any more laying around? A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_wink Nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:21 am

very cool AT, love it on the mesh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 am

porschefan wrote:
Are there any more laying around? A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_wink Nice.

Thank you--and pacifichrono!

I got mine from Ebay: Progress69. It's a genuine total franken, the dial is 100% NOT vintage. I knew that before I bought it and I still like it a lot.

I don't know what the future holds, but today he doesn't have any with this case shape.

...and I heard it was a good hockey game. A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... 933578
Back to top Go down
Anomaly
Senior Associate
Anomaly

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 am

If ya cant' beat 'em...

BUY THE SAME WATCH!

Cool Cat!

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:21 am

That is a great looking watch! The mesh on this case works so well, I like how the top of the case and the lugs work together. The dial color and layout is beautiful. What's the movement in this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 am

barnbuilder1 wrote:
That is a great looking watch! The mesh on this case works so well, I like how the top of the case and the lugs work together. The dial color and layout is beautiful. What's the movement in this?

Thank you (all credit to pacifichrono).

According to PC, the movement is "a 15-jewel Pobeda 2602 movement made in the ZIM factory." I've been running the watch since Thursday (was waiting for the bracelet) and it is very accurate. I can't tell you exactly how accurate, but my guess is within seconds a day--and it winds as smoothly as any watch I own.

As for the dial, it's a franken dial intended in some way to impersonate a vintage dial of some type, but my thinking is that it's such a good design that it would--and should--sell on it's own merits. I think it's easily one of the most attractive, unique and stylish sub-dial dials I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 am

I would have to agree that subdial looks great. Something about the watch that just is so nice looking
Back to top Go down
sixtysix
Consigliere
sixtysix

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 7:09 am

Cool watch!! Now post up some hot chick movies like PC!!

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Doggytongue

Remember we are the caretakers of mechanical art.....
Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors
Back to top Go down
AtomicTom
Senior Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Ron you have some GREAT taste in watches as well ! A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... 803574
The dial has so many unique things going on, it's TERRIFIC !
I really like the colors too ! Even the shape of the case is
something that will turn heads. There really are some cool
details with this one, that are easy to appreciate. A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_smile Then
there is the mesh bracelet. A perfect finish for this exceptional
watch ! The cat helps too ! A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_biggrin Congratulations and ENJOY sir !

Senior Associate
jaw

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Don't feel bad - do it all the time myself.
That's what these forums are for aren't they?
Anyway...I want one too, just like that one.
PC's stuff is always verrry nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:30 pm

I liked it when Tom posted it and I like it still! Great looking watch all around. Congratz Ron! That's definately a winner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...   A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A blatant and straight up pacifichronoCOPY...
Page 1 of 1